General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Every* triple Axel in one video! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Can you name all 11 times he received perfect GOE on his 3A? (answers are in the description of the video)

*except JGP Croatia 2009 Short Program because the uploader couldn't find any footage (I don't think it exists...). Yuzu landed his 3A with a positive GOE in that SP :) 

I feel like I went on a 3A journey with the little boy who loved it so much. :8788161:

19 minutes ago, Ashley2162018 said:

Question: I saw japanese mutuals tweeting about Yuzu days. Are the commemorating it or something?

P&G MyRepi Yuzu Days series are finishing and 27th June is the last day that you can view them.

I have saved all the pages of Yuzu photos and interviews in PDF :)
Also you can check Yuzu's P&G commercial videos on this tweet/thread. I've downloaded YT videos too!

16 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Every* triple Axel in one video! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Can you name all 11 times he received perfect GOE on his 3A? (answers are in the description of the video)

*except JGP Croatia 2009 Short Program because the uploader couldn't find any footage (I don't think it exists...). Yuzu landed his 3A with a positive GOE in that SP :) 

After 17 and 1/2 minutes of pure 3A hypnosis my brain was suddenly working: "Hey, what's with that 4T in a 3A vid-... aaah... yo. The sequence." :1:

23 minutes ago, holina said:

The 4T is the difficult entry for the 3A :gla:

Yep. That's it :coolio:

What 3A entries did we have already?

• Spread Eagle
  • Back Counter
  • Twizzle
  • 4T
  • 4Lo
  • Ina Bauer
  • Hydroblading
  • outside SE + inside IB + clockwise double 3-turn + change of edge
  • 1A pop

So... from the stands next? :hihi:

(Would be a smart solution to handle the increased entry and rotation speed actually... Jumping from the stands reduces the preparation momentum to the absolute minimum and would be the ultimate unexpected entry...)

6 minutes ago, holina said:

The 4T is the difficult entry for the 3A 

which is not awarded the full amount of points it is worth just because Yuzu wants to be extra

:gla:

Yuzu has his own system of awarding so the points given by the judges come second to that...

I'm sure if Yuzu truly focuses on getting more points, he'd ditch *the sequence but I think the seq thingy is his little pride and pleasure of "I do it because I can" kind of things. He's allowing himself to have a little fun after all :D

Whatever the new season brings, I just hope Yuzu can have the full season with the minimum disruption (whatever the form that is...)

Off season has started but we've had quite a few Yuzu feed this week and I'm not going to complain...:dancingpooh:

15 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Look what I found! It might not suit for this thread, but Yuzuru opens the show so, enjoy! The comments are a real treat, how history writes itself, despite the hype and the fowny!

What a trip down memory lane....and those comments I feel less embarrassed knowing I’m not alone in my gushing 😀

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yep. That's it :coolio:

What 3A entries did we have already?

• Spread Eagle
  • Back Counter
  • Twizzle
  • 4T
  • 4Lo
  • Ina Bauer
  • Hydroblading
  • outside SE + inside IB + clockwise double 3-turn + change of edge
  • 1A pop

So... from the stands next? :hihi:

(Would be a smart solution to handle the increased entry and rotation speed actually... Jumping from the stands reduces the preparation momentum to the absolute minimum and would be the ultimate unexpected entry...)

You forgot 4S and standstill (because for a 3A, that counts as an entry, IMO) lol

24 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

You forgot 4S and standstill (because for a 3A, that counts as an entry, IMO) lol

Ups, forgot the SalSeq #meaculpa

And he has already jumped on ice from the stands!!! Wow, awesome. Didn't know that. Thanks for the footage!!!