General Yuzuru Chat

The special character of Yuzuru Hanyu is even noticed by a motivational writer who is also a business and basketball coach.

I received a link to this article in my Google Alert for Yuzuru Hanyu:

"7 powerful lessons from a classic movie scene on how to live like a champion."

https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/7-powerful-lessons-from-a-classic-movie-scene-on-how-to-live-like-a-champion

The movie is "Hoosiers" starring Gene Hackman about a small-town Indiana high school that wins the state championship.

Although there is only one mention of Yuzuru Hanyu (and Norwegian cross-country skier Marit Bjoergen) at the very beginning of the article, I think that it is a testament to Yuzuru's impact that people in totally unrelated disciplines, sports and businesses use him as an example of someone to emulate. The only other person set out as an example in this article is Lebron James.

The opening paragraph of the article is as follows:

"Sports are not just for pleasure. When we watch with a discerning eye, sports willingly give us the tools and assets we need to build our lives to win at whatever we pursue. I look at our core values structures. In basketball, we need to look no further than Lebron James to see a fierce competitor who always gives his best. These Winter Olympics, we've seen grit and perseverance personified by athletes like Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu and skier Marit Bjoergen of Norway."

PS: By the way, "Hoosiers" (1986) is a pretty good inspirational sports movie. I watched it back then on a VCR! (I noticed that "Hoosiers" is showing on Amazon Prime Video for those who subscribe to it. I think I'll watch it again.)

On 6/22/2019 at 11:59 PM, Murieleirum said:

Am I the only one getting hype over 4A having "20% more" landing percentage

like, 20% more than WHAT. 

Was it like 5% before? So now it's 25% landing ability? He lands one in four??? HUH??

I understand it as he's already at 80% of the journey to landing a 4A. So, 20% more and he's there... :13877886:

Edit: Just read a better translation. Looks like he's only at 20% of the journey. So, still some way to go. But I think this is actually a good sign that he's taking things slowly and being careful with his body. We can wait. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Man, whenever I watch a Yuzu interview, I really wish I'd know Japanese...

Some people will just stand idly at one corner when nervous but Yuzu (also claiming he was nervous) helped with changing the backdrop to ease his nervousness. What a heart :love:

And I don't know why I'm under the impression that his Pooh bear tissue cover was a gift from one of his coaches but it is apparently a gift thrown onto the ice by a fan during his junior  competition days. 

Wow I wonder if the fan (or two fans)  who threw him the Pooh tissue boxes he used now remember it? If so they must be the luckiest fans in the world to have provided him with something that he takes everywhere now and cherish so much.