General Yuzuru Chat

I think, when Yuzu talks about 20%, his criteria checklist looks something like this:

Success rate (number of fully rotated jumps with +GOE quality per total attempts)

• isolated with n laps preparation
  • embedded in choreo
    • with standard setup
    • with Spread Eagle entry
    • with Back Counter entry
    • with other ridiculous entry
    • before/ after the 2:00 mark
  • YOLO-rate
  • in total

Quality features

• truly difficult, unexpected AND creative entry
  • exemplary take-off (ideally with delay, 0 pre-rotation and clean picking in case of toe jumps)
  • excellent height AND distance AND ballistic trajectory
  • very good body position with rocksolid axis, aesthetically pleasing arm position and nice facial expression in the air
  • very good landing with high free leg, ideal knee bend, deep running edge AND flow out
  • truly difficult AND creative exit with huge long gliding curve
  • soft and effortless throughout
  • jump matches the music in timing/ rhythm, choreographic highlighting AND narrative meaning
  • camera friendly from every angle

Energy/ efficiency

• average preparation time
  • average recovery time
  • stamina demand (in kcal)
  • sweat level (in drops/ cm2)

The spooky thing is: that might not be too far away from reality :xD:

IIRC, Satoko has an up-down-up-down spin in her new Ex and Stephane one in his fun program, but I don't remember if it was on one leg like this, or if it was more of a full-body thing, I just remember noticing both for how cool they were and how fitting the music. But this one does look cool and I have to think that if he'd taken another picture with Plush like two years ago, his legs would look even scarier lol

一小時前, Henni147說:

I think, when Yuzu talks about 20%, his criteria checklist looks something like this:

Success rate (number of fully rotated jumps with +GOE quality per total attempts)

• embedded in choreo
    • with standard setup
  • YOLO-rate
  • in total

Quality features

• exemplary take-off (ideally with delay, 0 pre-rotation and clean picking in case of toe jumps)
  • very good body position with rocksolid axis, aesthetically pleasing arm position and nice facial expression in the air
  • very good landing with high free leg, ideal knee bend, deep running edge AND flow out
  • jump matches the music in timing/ rhythm, choreographic highlighting AND narrative meaning

Energy/ efficiency

• average recovery time

i like these two: :1:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

• embedded in choreo
    • with standard setup
  • YOLO-rate
  • in total

Quality features

Energy/ efficiency

• average recovery time

...Twizzle entry?:pouty:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

• embedded in choreo
    • with standard setup
  • YOLO-rate
  • in total

Quality features

Energy/ efficiency

• average recovery time

And this, my friends, is how you objectively quantify a 'subjective' sport. ISU take note! 

Knowing Yuzu being the math calculating geek he is. I would like to assume he is 20% satisfied with what he can do with 4A. Which is not a lot so he wants to work on it more.

I am not sure if he will put it in programmes this season. Or at least unleash it one time to get it ratified. Or who am I kidding once he unleashes Nessie he is gonna her let keep swimming. (Nessie is a water creature after all, sorry lame pun.)

All we can do is pray for his ankles both left and right, ligaments and muscles to hold up. Because Yuzu has a lot of heart and will. His body must not betray him.

As the selfish fanyu side of me ultimately wants. He and Nessie not only gets ratified in an ISU event. But also in the Olympic games. And 4Lo-chan is yet to be ratified too in the Olys. These two babies deserves Yuzu's name on them. :hachimaki:

7 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I'd say he'll try out with back-counter entry first then up his entry to SE then finally to twizzle :D

Actually, I think during CiONTU, Yuzu said he learns all his jumps with SE entry, because that's how Tsuzuki-sensei did it. So it could be SE first...

As for Toshi... I'm so happy this collaboration happened. I didn't expect them to connect so well, but I'm so happy they did. I do hope they'll get Toshi in FaOI again, he was a perfect match and brought a little extra something that I think only a rock star can get, but which actually completed Yuzu's extra-ness, as it covered the times Yuzu was asleep, too. But to know Toshi''s history and have him say that collaborating with Yuzu was probably the happiest thing that ever happened to him is incredible... (Also, for a 24 year old to evoke so much emotion in a 53 year old who has lived through so much, is also quite something and says a ton about Yuzu as a person and a skater)

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously, though, once Yuzu has the 4A mastered and up to his standards in a program, there'll be no catching him. All the other skaters might as well just go home at that point. 

Until they stop performing altogether and just focus on jumping to catch him. :salty:

I hope that doesn't happen. I want to watch figure skating with jumps, not figure jumping. 

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously, though, once Yuzu has the 4A mastered and up to his standards in a program, there'll be no catching him. All the other skaters might as well just go home at that point. 

Honestly, even without 4A and just the other 5, if he gets them to his standards he'll be hard to beat. Remember, they barely managed to beat him with clean programs while he had wonky 4Lo, very wonky 4S and just clean 4Ts, plus an invalidated jump in the SP and still a bad ankle. With 5 high quality quads, they can start praying. But yes, if he gets 4A, he'll be unbeatable. And I'd say he knows it, which is why he's going for it.