General Yuzuru Chat

ToshI has reached a level of fandom that the rest of us mere mortals will never hope to reach.

Anyway, the Olympic video made me realize that I don't think I ever saw the 2014 Oly gala. Given that Yuzu won gold both times and skated swan themed EXs both times, clearly if he goes to Beijing he has to do another swan ex :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:Also, his necklace had an interesting journey during his 2014 FS. It started out under his illusion mesh (although...why???) but had come out by the end, presumably to lend Yuzu the strength to fight through the rest of his program. Also boobskirt is very, very shiny, which makes me appreciate it even more.

5 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

Thank you Olympic Channel :img_20: I didn't know I needed this:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Also high quality vid of White Legend!! I love the baby swan:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

His performances are absolutely beautiful, exciting, and timeless. They'll never lose the brilliance over the time just like a diamond.

Thank you Yuzu for everything that you've created with your blades, body and soul.

We're truly blessed to have you in this world :sadPooh:  

5 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

Every time I watch Yuzu's old performances it hits me again how good he was then and how much better he is now. We are getting used to the narrative that the younger skaters are focusing on the difficult jumps and the rest will come later, but Yuzu is a living proof that you can do both at a young age. His SS, spins, presentation and beautiful jumps are all there from the beginning and he never really lets any part of his skating suffer just to get the high BV elements :worship:

And this video made me decide to do something really crazy   :hachimaki:

59 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Every time I watch Yuzu's old performances it hits me again how good he was then and how much better he is now. We are getting used to the narrative that the younger skaters are focusing on the difficult jumps and the rest will come later, but Yuzu is a living proof that you can do both at a young age. His SS, spins, presentation and beautiful jumps are all there from the beginning and he never really lets any part of his skating suffer just to get the high BV elements :worship:

And this video made me decide to do something really crazy   :hachimaki:

you know when they say some people are born to do something?I've always resented the idea,it seemed to me it was like a route you had to take without any chances at choosing...but the more I watch Yuzuru's(and other atheltes,dancers,..)the more i think it may be actually true.

7 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

OMG! This compilation is pure gold! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Beautiful wild young Yuzu at Sochi vs exquisite beautiful mature Yuzu with an amazing performance at PC. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Bonus White Legend and Notte Stellata! :8788161: The only thing lacking is Sochi moment "I am first? I'm the first?" 

Wonderful idea, OC! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Last season he didn't even go for max. BV, as we could see with the 4T+3A sequence :laughing:

What I realized once more is that Yuzu never lets his programs go really. Even with mistakes he sells everything and skates his heart out. We could see that with Masquerade, we could see that in his Olympic freeskates and many other performances, too.

I've rewatched his last performances from Skate Canada 2016. They were better than I remembered, especially the freeskate deserved more than 88 in PCS imo. Especially when I see what kind of programs get 88 nowadays...

4 hours ago, faeline said:

i WAS EATING DINNER!!!!

I had to stop for 40 mins half way into my dinner because... I couldn't continue to eat and watch at the same time.

Ikr... Cause u can't help clapping and jumping to your feet to give a standing ovation :xD:

3 hours ago, monchan said:

but it's good content, in 1080p so I can't help taking that bait :winky:

....well they do better than L__re__ so far (they properly appraised him and properly informed the rest of the people who aren't a part of the Fanyudom™) so.... no need to feel mad (yet) about it, I guess?

3 hours ago, monchan said:

I know OC is all about RTs and likes abusing Yuzu like a $$$ cow....

but it's good content, in 1080p so I can't help taking that bait :winky:

Personally, I genuinely don't mind Olympic Channel. I mean, yes, they are in for the response as any channel, but 1) they do deliver good content about Yuzu (at a time where YT is deleting more and more FS videos, OC delivers a 40+ min compilation that anyone can watch for free! And so many other clips and articles about him) and 2) they also promote a lot of other athletes who are far, far less famous. So they're not *just* about the views and are also generally good with avoiding drama (unlike ISU who can't seem to read the mood of Twitter crowd.... at all...) At the end of the day, they promote Yuzuru to a potentially broader audience who might not watch FS otherwise so it is a win-win situation. They also have no qualm publicly recognizing his star qualities, so I wouldn't call it "abusing Yuzu" as much as... being smart about it? They don't drag him down in any way.