General Yuzuru Chat

This year's Japan National Figure Skating Competition will take place in Yoyogi Stadium, Tokyo.  The old stadium is undergoing earthquake-resistant structural enhancement construction, which will be completed by end of November.  The first live competition I attended was in this same Yoyogi stadium  back in 1977, for the World Championship.  This was the event where Sano Minoru medaled (bronze) - the first time for Japan in the men's singles division.  I remember more clearly the performances by the Soviet team - Irina Rodnina and Alexander Zaitsev for Pairs, and Kovolev for men's singles.  Don't recall much of others - I am sorry, it has been such a long time!  It's a beautiful stadium designed by Kenzo Tange, with an exterior that resembles the resting wings of a gigantic mythical bird and an interior filled with light filtering through the soaring ceiling (see the description and photos on this link).  Surely a fitting setting for the Return of the King!

https://www.archiweb.cz/en/b/olympijske-haly

I am hoping that this year, Hanyu-senshu will stay healthy and finally be able to compete in the nationals.  Yoyogi stadium will be a special place for him to perform, especially in this run-up to Tokyo 2020 Olympics.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike were to attend the medal ceremonies.  Since I am planning to be home in Tokyo around this time, I asked my sister (living in Tokyo) to do her best to obtain the tickets for us.  It will certainly be a challenge, but well worth the effort.   If we do get the tickets, I will do my best to report to you from the field! 

https://www.jiji.com/sp/article?k=2019061900887&g=spo

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

I am hoping that this year, Hanyu-senshu will stay healthy and finally be able to compete in the nationals.  Yoyogi stadium will be a special place for him to perform, especially in this run-up to Tokyo 2020 Olympics.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike were to attend the medal ceremonies.  Since I am planning to be home in Tokyo around this time, I asked my sister (living in Tokyo) to do her best to obtain the tickets for us.  It will certainly be a challenge, but well worth the effort.   If we do get the tickets, I will do my best to report to you from the field! 

https://www.jiji.com/sp/article?k=2019061900887&g=spo

I'll be in Japan around that time too, but have never attempted to get tickets to Japan Nationals.  Is there a lottery like for the other events in Japan and if so, when is it held? Think with it being in Tokyo, it will be very hard to get tickets this year. I'll asked by son to give it a try, although I'm not optimistic!

49 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

I'll be in Japan around that time too, but have never attempted to get tickets to Japan Nationals.  Is there a lottery like for the other events in Japan and if so, when is it held? Think with it being in Tokayo, it will be very hard to get tickets this year. I'll asked by son to give it a try, although I'm not optimistic!

The tickets are sold through Lawson or "Pia" ticketing services, in several stages.  We should probably discuss this on the community/ticketing section but here is a website showing the available info from last year's tickets.  There is no info yet on tickets for this year's event.  It's not a lottery, but will probably be tough to get a ticket. 

https://scramble-talk.com/zennihonsensyuken2019-62186

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Back from my travels. Sorry to say that I passed through 4 different airports and never saw a single Yuzu Sekkisei ad...:sadPooh:

LOL I had the same thought on my recent trip :1: I also found myself in an outdoor Japanese cultural festival in Chicago totally by chance and checked the booths for a trace of Yuzu but no luck. In the end it was mostly about food. And Toto (seriously). I saw some girls with Ana bags, but it got my hopes up for nothing. No Yuzu anywhere. Not even a little ad. What a missed opportunity. :68811363:

8 時間前, Umebachiさんが言いました:

The tickets are sold through Lawson or "Pia" ticketing services, in several stages.  We should probably discuss this on the community/ticketing section but here is a website showing the available info from last year's tickets.  There is no info yet on tickets for this year's event.  It's not a lottery, but will probably be tough to get a ticket. 

https://scramble-talk.com/zennihonsensyuken2019-62186

I think it is by lottery, and carried out twice.  I suppose it will be announced around September about the application for the ticket.  You can just apply for 2 tickets for one day, although you can specify to the third choice.

I tried two years ago as it took place in the suburb of Tokyo, but I could not make it for any day :13877886:

One of my friends just got the tickets for the day of ladies free program and I was able to go with her.  As it was the year to decide who to go to the Olympics, it was so exciting and a heartfelt moment :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Of course I will try this year too, never mind how bloody it would be :gaah:

4 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I think it is by lottery, and carried out twice.  I suppose it will be announced around September about the application for the ticket.  You can just apply for 2 tickets for one day, although you can specify to the third choice.

I tried two years ago as it took place in the suburb of Tokyo, but I could not make it for any day :13877886:

One of my friends just got the tickets for the day of ladies free program and I was able to go with her.  As it was the year to decide who to go to the Olympics, it was so exciting and a heartfelt moment :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Of course I will try this year too, never mind how bloody it would be 

Thank you!  My sister is persistent and has been practicing the art of ticket acquisition in Japan for many years, so here's to hoping for good results.  She has also applied for multiple tickets for the family for Tokyo 2020 Olympics - which is another bloodbath!  

At least, I have the tickets for SCI at Kelowna, BC, so I am covered on the Canadian end of the season!  I might be getting too greedy to wish for both the SCI and the Japan Nationals.  Still, worth a try, eh? (that's my Canadian side coming out)