General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

The Tsunami warning has been lifted.  It seems some light casualties have been reported so far, but no serious ones, I hope.

Thanks for your concerns for Japan, guys :thanks: 

Glad to hear it wasn’t serious. 

Yamagata is on the west coast of Honshu island and while Yamagata and Miyagi prefecture are bordering each other (and the earthquake can be felt in Sendai) the tsunami risk applied to the west coast of Honshu island, not the east coast.

Yea I knew I commented way late on this, but I guess this bears repeating...

Also I hope everyone in Niigata and Yamagata is safe and everything resumes back to normal swiftly.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the worries. I'm ok, it was really gentle here, just the building slowly swaying back in forth. (ETA, the guys in the lobby said they didn't even feel it.) By comparison to the videos from Niigata and Yamagata it was nothing. But it was still pretty scary. I didn't think I'd manage to sleep, but I was exhausted after my last trip to Sendai this year, so I fell asleep after all. As it's not yet 6am and daylight makes everything less scary, I think I'll get some more sleep!

I immediately worried about Yuzu, too... must have been more intense in Tohoku. But yes, the warned areas were on the opposite side from where the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami were. It was also very on the surface and much closer to land, so not as likely to cause big tsunami. But it's great it got lifted fairly quickly!

Just now, KatjaThera said:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the worries. I'm ok, it was really gentle here, just the building slowly swaying back in forth. By comparison to the videos from Niigata and Yamagata it was nothing. But it was still pretty scary. I didn't think I'd manage to sleep, but I was exhausted after my last trip to Sendai this year, so I fell asleep after all. As it's not yet 6am and daylight makes everything less scary, I think I'll get some more sleep!

I immediately worried about Yuzu, too... must have been more intense in Tohoku. But yes, the warned areas were on the opposite side from where the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami were. It was also very on the surface and much closer to land, so not as likely to cause big tsunami. But it's great it got lifted fairly quickly!

I'm glad that you're okay. Fortunately it was only a small quake. Take care, enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan and have a safe trip home! :7938863:

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the worries. I'm ok, it was really gentle here, just the building slowly swaying back in forth. (ETA, the guys in the lobby said they didn't even feel it.) By comparison to the videos from Niigata and Yamagata it was nothing. But it was still pretty scary. I didn't think I'd manage to sleep, but I was exhausted after my last trip to Sendai this year, so I fell asleep after all. As it's not yet 6am and daylight makes everything less scary, I think I'll get some more sleep!

Glad to know you're safe and enjoy the rest of your vacation :snpeace:

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Not sure where they got that info?

It's a two-day meeting and the final decision will be most likely made on the second day just like last year. 

Eh, today, tomorrow, it's the same thing ... we are almost there. I can't believe how fast the time flied since WC Saitama.