General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

I’ve always been curious about his endorsements. Word was that he has a self imposed limit of 5 sponsors as he didn’t want to be distracted with too many commitments. Also, he apparently chooses endorsements he believes in/could use? Not sure if this is just fan fuelled rumours or something he personally confirmed.

About the end of Yuzu Days, does this mean the end of just the publication, or the end of the sponsorship by P&G altogether? I’m also wondering if Kose is the start of a longer multi-year sponsorship or just a once-off thing. :think:

curious how he / his brand is perceived and his commercial value now that there’s a possibility of r*****ment in the near future....hoping he never ever has to worry about his financial future once he hangs up his skating boots

If he has halfway decent financial manager he'll be fine. He's almost certainly made a lot more money by 24 than your average person would in a lifetime, even accounting for the skating expenses. He also doesn't strike me as someone with extravagant spending habits--the only thing he might have to cut back on are earbud purchases :laughing:

2 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

I’ve always been curious about his endorsements. Word was that he has a self imposed limit of 5 sponsors as he didn’t want to be distracted with too many commitments. Also, he apparently chooses endorsements he believes in/could use? Not sure if this is just fan fuelled rumours or something he personally confirmed.

About the end of Yuzu Days, does this mean the end of just the publication, or the end of the sponsorship by P&G altogether? I’m also wondering if Kose is the start of a longer multi-year sponsorship or just a once-off thing. :think:

curious how he / his brand is perceived and his commercial value now that there’s a possibility of r*****ment in the near future....hoping he never ever has to worry about his financial future once he hangs up his skating boots

well,that ESPN Worlds's Most Famous 100 Athletes list from this year has estimated the value at his endorsements at aporx.14 mil $,so they might've done some research since on the last year's top they listed the value as not known.(and if iirc the espn list came up before the Kose deal).Also i remember reading somewhere that his donation to Sendai area only are estimated at aprox 1 mil $ so far which is still pretty huge from an athlete coming from such a niche expensive sport.There were rumors last year that 20 companies were fighting for having him signed and I guess Kose won.Everything seems to indicate that he's already at the point where he won't need to worry for his financial future bc he comes from a down to earth,modest family who won't start to spend on ridiculous things such as luxury yachts and sports cars.And it's not like his endorsements will stop tomorrow or the day of his ret******t,he will stil have very lucrative deals years after that with how famous he is.Unless something unimaginably bad happens,he's gonna be set for life financially speaking and that's what he deserves.And given who he is and what he's achieved and how much he has given back,there will always be ppl willing to offer him a good job/position if somehow he'll absurdly find himself in the situation to need it

I read somewhere (sorry I can't find the Japanese article anymore), that the Kose deal was 300 million yen ( that is almost 3m USD) and only short term, but since sales have been rocketing, Kose is very eager to renew the contract. I mean they have literally hang Yuzu from top to bottom at Haneda airport, around Japan, all over HK airport, many places in China and other cities around Asia. I don't think I have seen Kose went this crazy with an advertisement campaign ever before. Although I don't know whether this conflicts with P&G. Does P&G also have a cosmetic line?

Well olaz belongs to P&G also if I’m not wrong they have head&shoulders shampoos as well as some toothpaste brand....not exactly high cosmetics like Kose appears to me but hen who knows?I’m sorry to see the P&G days gone because they were a nice relaxed inside into Yuzuru life without being intrusive or disrespectful but again whatever is better for him 😊

Kose is delivering like there’s no tomorrow so it’s not like I can complain Lol

58 minutes ago, Anki said:

I read somewhere (sorry I can't find the Japanese article anymore), that the Kose deal was 300 million yen ( that is almost 3m USD) and only short term, but since sales have been rocketing, Kose is very eager to renew the contract. I mean they have literally hang Yuzu from top to bottom at Haneda airport, around Japan, all over HK airport, many places in China and other cities around Asia. I don't think I have seen Kose went this crazy with an advertisement campaign ever before. Although I don't know whether this conflicts with P&G. Does P&G also have a cosmetic line?

I don't know if they have a cosmetic line but Yuzu usually promotes their... household(?) line - pantene, laundry detergent, fabric conditioner, electric toothbrush, razor that one time (although that one wasn't too convincing LOL), febreeze or something similar. So there shouldn't be conflict.

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

If he has halfway decent financial manager he'll be fine. He's almost certainly made a lot more money by 24 than your average person would in a lifetime, even accounting for the skating expenses. He also doesn't strike me as someone with extravagant spending habits--the only thing he might have to cut back on are earbud purchases :laughing:

1 hour ago, wildstrawberry said:

well,that ESPN Worlds's Most Famous 100 Athletes list from this year has estimated the value at his endorsements at aporx.14 mil $,so they might've done some research since on the last year's top they listed the value as not known.(and if iirc the espn list came up before the Kose deal).Also i remember reading somewhere that his donation to Sendai area only are estimated at aprox 1 mil $ so far which is still pretty huge from an athlete coming from such a niche expensive sport.There were rumors last year that 20 companies were fighting for having him signed and I guess Kose won.Everything seems to indicate that he's already at the point where he won't need to worry for his financial future bc he comes from a down to earth,modest family who won't start to spend on ridiculous things as luxury yachts and sports cars.And it's not like his endorsements will stop tomorrow or the day of his ret******t,he will stil have very lucrative deals years after that with how famous he is.Unless something unimaginably bad happens,he's gonna be set for life financially speaking and that's what he deserves.And given who he is and what he's achieved and how much he has given back,there will always be ppl willing to offer him a good job/position if somehow he'll absurdly find himself in the situation to need it

Yes, all signs are there that he’ll be fine - modest lifestyle, not particularly interested in extravagant nonsense (earphones are nothing, really)

54 minutes ago, Anki said:

Kose has other skaters too right? Marin and Rika too if I’m not wrong. But think Yuzu is the only male celebrity?

Imagine Yuzu’s face when the offer was first mooted  :dislike: “you want me to blog about my beauty routine?”

Hello all, first post here, and a very trivial question : does men often advertize for products like laundry in Japan ? Because if it's so, they are much more advanced than us in France (and probably most of  western coutries ), with so called rights equality but where (at least) 80 % of this kind of CM is done by women ...

5 minutes ago, Esmeralda said:

Hello all, first post here, and a very trivial question : does men often advertize for products like laundry in Japan ? Because if it's so, they are much more advanced than us in France (and probably most of  western coutries ), with so called rights equality but where (at least) 80 % of this kind of CM is done by women ...

From what I’ve seen, cute young men and idols in their 20/30s advertise quite a lot of household goods and beauty products marketed at women. Makes sense!

7 minutes ago, Esmeralda said:

Well here in Italy we have Francesco Totti very very famous footballer doing CM for a washing machine soap 😂

From a lifelong ballet fan only one word can work - Bravissimo!!!  They might be faulted a few times for less than perfect execution but these were fleeting.  The choreographer was well aware that the only way ballet dancers can mimic a skater's gliding is to go en pointe, moving on the toes, and so they spent much of the time on their toes.  Also the choreographer kept aerial work to a minimum and when it was done it was done appropriately with the whole ensemble doing it.  The groupings were good and the transitions from one grouping to another were inventive and well-executed.  For those dancers the greatest gift of all might have been Yuzu in the audience (I wonder if he might have been.  We'll never know.)  All in all a performance that Pooh would approve.

3 hours ago, shanshani said:

If I were Yuzu I might even be willing to fund the latest research in earphone development 😏

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

The Kose live stream will also run on Twitter and there will be a chance to win prizes! :O Hope it’s open to fans worldwide! 

Apologies for being debbie downer but I won't hold my breath on that one...(even if they were financially capable of doing so (ie. sending the giveaway prize worldwide))

Then again it's already a good thing to have him doing this kind of engagement...