General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

So, it makes sense for him to stay in Japan this week, if that's a livestream, aye?

my guess is he's gonna stay in Japan for another 2-3 weeks for his sponsors obligations(film commercials,specials,have photoshoots that will be released over the following months/year etc) bc once he goes back to Toronto he will want to focus on training and not be interrupted by this kind of things

42 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

my guess is he's gonna stay in Japan for another 2-3 weeks for his sponsors obligations(film commercials,specials,have photoshoots that will be released over the following months/year etc) bc once he goes back to Toronto he will want to focus on training and not be interrupted by this kind of things

I think 2-3 weeks is a lot. We know Yuzu is the kind of scheduling and has often managed to schedule all his obligations so they don't take more than a week max. (I do wish he'd also get to spend some time at home, with family, now that his home town isn't overrun with fans anymore. Although I am planning to go ti Sendai again tomorrow, for the souvenir shopping I couldn't do earlier, due to having to move around.)

I am very curious if he'll be doing 24H TV this year... he's virtually a regular, but with Mao doing it... I'm sure Yuzu and his team are perfectly ok with him doing the show with Mao there, too, but I'm not sure Mao's team would have her on a show with Yuzu. He's the bigger star now and it's not good for marketing to give the chance for comparison. (Remember we always get ratings notices and they'll definitely compare ratings for Mao screen time and Yuzu screen time.)

That said, I'll probably be watching the Sekkisei thing from the airport in Vienna, during my layover... still hoping someone will record it! (Also hoping I'll be having a Sekkisei product and Yuzu clearfile in my luggage at the time lol)

9 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

now i'm really curious about the status of his general partnership with P&G

I agree, it is certainly interesting that they aren't even continuing it for the money if not anything else (obviously I wouldn't be supporting that being the sole reason for its continued publication.) I'm curious to see the reason behind this.

25 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

now i'm really curious about the status of his general partnership with P&G

I’ve always been curious about his endorsements. Word was that he has a self imposed limit of 5 sponsors as he didn’t want to be distracted with too many commitments. Also, he apparently chooses endorsements he believes in/could use? Not sure if this is just fan fuelled rumours or something he personally confirmed.

About the end of Yuzu Days, does this mean the end of just the publication, or the end of the sponsorship by P&G altogether? I’m also wondering if Kose is the start of a longer multi-year sponsorship or just a once-off thing. :think:

curious how he / his brand is perceived and his commercial value now that there’s a possibility of r*****ment in the near future....hoping he never ever has to worry about his financial future once he hangs up his skating boots