General Yuzuru Chat

I can't get over the fact that Yuzu has actually been attempting the 4F! :1: I wanna slap myself for not taking him seriously when he told us that he would three months ago after Worlds :59227c768286a__s: Such a "never underestimate Mr Hanyu" moment (not that I didn't think he could do it, just coz he really doesn't need it ESPECIALLY when he's already planning to bring in the 4A :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

55 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

As shocking the quad attempts could be, at least the quads he attempted at FaOI were quads that have been jumped (occasionally successfully) by other skaters, and afterwards....

Brace yourself for the monster.... :sharky:

True true. I mean this is Yuzu we're talking about, I really shouldn't be surprised. 

I guess this now means I can look forward to the possibility of him becoming not only the first person to land the 4A, but also the first person to land all 6 quads in competition :graucho:

5 hours ago, NakaMina said:

I can't get over the fact that Yuzu has actually been attempting the 4F! :1: I wanna slap myself for not taking him seriously when he told us that he would three months ago after Worlds :59227c768286a__s: Such a "never underestimate Mr Hanyu" moment (not that I didn't think he could do it, just coz he really doesn't need it ESPECIALLY when he's already planning to bring in the 4A :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

After what happened at Worlds 2019, Yuzu decided he needs more quads to win competitions. Furthermore, I think it might have actually become a point of pride and a personal ambition of his to become the first person to land all six quads successfully in competition. We're in for a wild ride next season... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Skating gods, please protect our adorable sunshine boy! :smiley-angelic001:

What is Yuzu attempting in these ice shows this summer?  The usual practice is to skate safe.  Of course if it's Yuzu he  can do no wrong in the eyes of the audience so if he pops a jump or falls or touches his hand down or whatever, it is forgiven, particularly when it's seen as an attempt for something definitely not safe.  I have a suspicion, and this is sheer conjecture on my part, that Yuzu is working on his competitors of next season.  If they see he is trying to be able to compete with all the quads, or at least the six back-entry quads, they'll see that he doesn't intend to hold back on the jumps this next season.  He's going all-out, which means they'll have to go all out.  Nathan should be particularly worried because Yuzu's jumps, when he makes them, generally garner high GOEs and combine that with Yuzu's always high PCS numbers Nathan and the others have much to worry about.  We have to remember that the last two seasons have gone by with Yuzu generally in absentia.  GPF winners, Japanese national winners, even the World champion winners all have an asterisk behind their name, meaning that Yuzu was either not there or skating injured.  If Yuzu has truly gotten back his old form then they are all in for a very rough ride later this year and early next year.  Yuzu seems to me to be letting everyone know that Yuzu does not intend to hold back this coming season.  All this means that Yuzu's back in form and he's very hungry for gold.

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Furthermore, I think it might have actually become a point of pride and a personal ambition of his to become the first person to land all six quads successfully in competition.

I bet it didn't start out that way but then one day as the 4A got closer and closer he realized that 4F wasn't much in comparison and he might as well do that one too. Gotta catch 'em all.

Actually, I bet he told Brian this five years ago but swore him to secrecy and Brian's been preparing his wig for the eventuality ever since.

In the spirit of Henni147's brilliant 6 quadruple demon gates ...  (for those who missed it in the FaOI Kobe thread , they were:

4T     -   Quad MephisToe

4S     -   Quad Satan

4Lo   -   Quad Diaboloop

4F     -   Quad Firedevil

4Lz   -   Quad Lutzifer

4A     -   Quadster of Loch Ness)

... I hereby offer Yuzuru Hanyu's YOLO, Damn-the-Torpedoes, I'm-Looking-at-You-ISU quad arsenal for the 2019-20 season:

4T - Quad You're Toast

4S - Quad Pray for Salvation

4Lo - Quad Don't Loop Now

4F - Quad Think I Give a Flip?

4Lz - Quad Kiss My Lutzcious Ass

4A - Quad Axel Murderer 

:fire:   :salty:   :darklordyuzu: