General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yuzu on a bench statue 2.0 for... a rugby festival? :rofl:

Well, it’s much nicer than the first one they made but nothing will ever get me to watch rugby. :D 

Not sure if that's league or union (I think my lack of footy understanding is vaguely un-Australian) but given that the MOST IMPORTANT (to my male relatives and eastern Australia in general) set of matches all year are going on at the minute, maybe it's a sign....

Mind you, I did not need the mental picture of a muddy, wet Yuzu in footy shorts.... on the other hand.... :peek:

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yuzu on a bench statue 2.0 for... a rugby festival? :rofl:

Well, it’s much nicer than the first one they made but nothing will ever get me to watch rugby. :D 

For me that's like, 'Yay! The two sports I watch rolled into one!'

On 6/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, SparkleSalad said:

The language barrier must be so frustrating for him still.

Same, Yuzu, same. Every time I watch one of his interviews in Japanese, I wish I could understand him directly without having to rely on translations.  

Also, regarding his comments re: fans:

Wow. He really treasures all the people who support him so, so much, including us... it's kind of humbling to think that all our silly fan antics mean such a lot to such a great man. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Every time I watch one of his interviews in Japanese, I wish I could understand him directly without having to rely on translations.

I've been learning Japanese for a while and while I am now able to understand TV broadcasts a bit better (including the ones Yuzu is in :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:) I still need a translation to make sure that I understand him correctly. On one hand I want him to be at his most comfortable during interviews (ie. he conducts his interview in Japanese whenever possible, wherever in the world), but on the other hand I hope he gets less and less uncomfortable speaking English... I know this seems a bit selfish especially after the recent P&G talk show but I just hope that he always feels his most comfortable in communication... :tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He really treasures all the people who support him so, so much, including us... it's kind of humbling to think that all our silly fan antics mean such a lot to such a great man. 

During this time of the year we often wish that he'd go to rehab in private rather than having some more public engagements (eg. ice shows, talk shows with your sponsor company, what have you), but it seems that this kind of engagement is beneficial to his physical recovery after all. The rehab process in private could feel a bit lonely, and while Yuzu is the type used to solitude, he could definitely use some direct support in form of the audience in the ice shows. There are other things to be mindful of (ice conditions, audience expectations weighing in your mind), but on the whole it still turns out as a positive thing for him.

Here's hoping to the soundness of both of your ankles, Yuzu :smiley-angelic001:

Aaah - I got so annoyed at (I think it was) the Olympics when they tried to make him speak in English .  You’ll get a long, detailed, well thought out, illuminating response in Japanese which can then be translated in correct detail by qualified translators if you leave him to speak - if you ask him to talk in English in a PC you’ll get the usual platitudes- try asking Chen to speak French or Kolyada to speak mandarin.  English may be the global default setting but at his level there are interpreters and what he has to say is significant and needs to be put across as accurately as possible. I am perfectly willing to wait for a true representation of his actual words rather than a cobbled together ‘english’ comment that doesn’t actually express what he wants to say.  

Possibly my patience is honed by years of Japanese gymnasts who don’t do English at all.