General Yuzuru Chat

35 minutes ago, AkaneYamashina said:

And don't tell the overlord, but that metal frame looks better on him than his usual black ones. :10814716:

I just love a good-looking man in glasses {sigh...} Javi does it for me as well :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: though Javi has even more spectacular eyelashes (another of my weaknesses) which glasses do hide a little...

17 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

It’s not surprising that he’s so loved by others! To know him is to love him!

One of Yuzu's greatest traits is that he is not overly in love with himself.  His humility, his lack of arrogance, these things make him a person who just invites others to love him (although without any deliberation on his part).  Yuzu knows what he has achieved but he doesn't think that because he is a world-class skater he's superior to anyone else.  This is almost certainly a product of his family life, since unlike others (I'm thinking of Michael Phelps' mother here), they remain determinedly in the background, unwilling to bask in the adulation Yuzu receives from the world at large even though they are primarily responsible for Yuzu being the unassuming young man he is.  I do think that on the day he retires, he should have them up there next to him when he makes the announcement.  It would be a fitting way to thank them for being the family who was always there to support him during those many years of competing. 

9 hours ago, Fay said:

Hmmm, Yuzu has a diary? There’s something for future generations to look forward to if it ever gets published... :) 

How many pages of kuyashii, and variations of kuyashii do you want to read? 

:notamused:

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

One of Yuzu's greatest traits is that he is not overly in love with himself.  His humility, his lack of arrogance, these things make him a person who just invites others to love him (although without any deliberation on his part).  Yuzu knows what he has achieved but he doesn't think that because he is a world-class skater he's superior to anyone else.  This is almost certainly a product of his family life, since unlike others (I'm thinking of Michael Phelps' mother here), they remain determinedly in the background, unwilling to bask in the adulation Yuzu receives from the world at large even though they are primarily responsible for Yuzu being the unassuming young man he is.  I do think that on the day he retires, he should have them up there next to him when he makes the announcement.  It would be a fitting way to thank them for being the family who was always there to support him during those many years of competing. 

What I like most about Yuzu is his helping hand, concern and care for others in any kind of situation. He helps to clean up the ice with the staff members, he helps other skaters with their jumps, even if he has to focus on his own competition (I have to remember how he watched Deniss in Saitama), he worries about the supply and comfort of the audience, he helps journalists during the press con with their devices, he cheers for his team mates and buddies during a competition, he spends millions of Yen on the reconstruction of his hometown and the surrounding areas, he remembers, credits and pays tribute to the people who helped and supported him...

That is real greatness and character. Yuzu had every opportunity to turn into the biggest idiot and join the madness of the high society, but - thank God - he didn't. He never considered himself too good for anything but stayed on the ground with both feet. Considering his stellar success, financial assets and popularity... this is a miracle.

thank you for sharng it @kaeryth and @ruruzest !

And yes Yuzuru even with all the fame,money,medals is not a so call a**hole and so very refreshing ...also the kid is smart and I'd love one day to read what he wrote( no matter the level of kuyashii).Even if he's a pubblic figure he's very reserved (and rightly so) but I have the feeling he's very observant and I'm sure some of his thoughts would be very very enlightening especially those on FS.

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

Even if he's a pubblic figure he's very reserved (and rightly so) but I have the feeling he's very observant and I'm sure some of his thoughts would be very very enlightening especially those on FS.

I think one of the things that makes Yuzu so special is his obvious comfort in front of cameras.  He doesn't beg their attention but when they are focused on him he acts his natural, friendly, sometimes playful self (Who else but Yuzu would get down on his hands and knees and crawl behind Shoma when needing to exit without taking attention from Shoma?).  It's this obvious genuineness and spontaneity that have endeared him to so much of the Japanese public who aren't necessarily into figure-skating and that have made Yuzu a major media star.  I might add also that Yuzu does himself great credit when he lets the tears flow (always at a time of extreme joy) in front of the cameras.  It lets people know that they are getting the real Yuzu.

12 hours ago, Henni147 said:

What I like most about Yuzu is his helping hand, concern and care for others in any kind of situation. He helps to clean up the ice with the staff members, he helps other skaters with their jumps, even if he has to focus on his own competition (I have to remember how he watched Deniss in Saitama), he worries about the supply and comfort of the audience, he helps journalists during the press con with their devices, he cheers for his team mates and buddies during a competition, he spends millions of Yen on the reconstruction of his hometown and the surrounding areas, he remembers, credits and pays tribute to the people who helped and supported him...

That is real greatness and character. Yuzu had every opportunity to turn into the biggest idiot and join the madness of the high society, but - thank God - he didn't. He never considered himself too good for anything but stayed on the ground with both feet. Considering his stellar success, financial assets and popularity... this is a miracle.

As @micaelis has eloquently stated, much of this is owed to Yuzu's upbringing, but on the other hand, there are those kids who had been brought up properly by caring parents who have taught them to be good people and still they turn out to be complete assholes jerks.

So Yuzu still gets a lot of credit for turning out the way he has.

As others have also mentioned, it is unbelievable that his parents, sister and other relatives choose to remain humble and in the background given the incredible fame of Yuzuru. His mother is almost always quite a distance behind Yuzu when they are walking in public and she is quick to sidestep out of camera view when she notices a camera. I think the only video I have seen in which Yumi voluntarily takes part is the one where she is showing Johnny Weir the costume that she made based on his design. I have not seen a picture of Yuzu's sister except the one of them together when they were youngsters. I have never seen a picture of Yuzu's father. I saw a video once showing the back of his head as he drove the family to the rink with Yuzu checking out videos of his jumps on his iPod in the back seat.

And there was that time when the media showed up at his old residence and Yuzuru's grandmother on his father's side refused to provide them with the new address. She also said that all the credit for his success should be given to Yuzuru because he was the one that worked at it. She said that if either side had anything to do with it, it was from Yuzu's mother that he inherited his long arms and legs. The entire family is humble and ready to give credit to others. No wonder Yuzu turned out the way he has!

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Dear Lord, the app actually recognized him as a MAN! Hallelujah! and while he's wearing white lace, no less...

Well, at least it's confirmed that the costumes are, what makes him a young girl, right? I mean, I have never seen a 16 year old white lace girl before... :rofl2:

Edit: costumes AND regular clothing (I somehow forgot baby girl in underarmour)... my theory is valid though. I am sure! :68468287:

45 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Well, at least it's confirmed that the costumes are, what makes him a young girl, right? I mean, I have never seen a 16 year old white lace girl before... :rofl2:

Edit: costumes AND regular clothing (I somehow forgot baby girl in underarmour)... my theory is valid though. I am sure! :68468287:

That app once saw a 3 year girl in the geometric patterns of a woven wall hanging I have, so yeah. Gotta watch for those hidden children in textiles I guess