General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

Think of it as an investment in happiness :softYuzu:

I spent last week in New York City, two blocks down from the Kinokuniya bookstore....And for the very first time had a chance to buy something Yuzuru Hanyu-related. I went a bit berserk - about 5 magazines, the first Ao Hono book, and two books on Shoma Uno. I don't dare think how much money I spent, but it was well worth it.

Now I only have to speed up my Japanese learning so that I can read the articles. In the mean time, I have absolutely no problems just admiring the pictures. One of the magazines has pictures of every program he's done, all the way back to tiny bby Yuzu (soooo kawaii!!!) - but the pics of Let's Go Crazy are so steamy you practically have to be in private to look at them....

29 minutes ago, KitSileya said:

One of the magazines has pictures of every program he's done, all the way back to tiny bby Yuzu (soooo kawaii!!!) - but the pics of Let's Go Crazy are so steamy you practically have to be in private to look at them....

This one? It's so good, it's worth the price. :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

24 minutes ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

POTO 2.0?

Yes, it is!

Come and join us here: 

2 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Quick question: is the new POTO program for ice show or for next season competition???

I think it is for ice shows. Yuzu doesnt usually announce his new programs until media day at this point. he rarely skates his programs at faoi now except for last 2 seasons when he recycled chopin. but we never knowww :hihi:

I haven't found a way to see it yet, but if POTO  is the operative gala/exhibition program all I can say is FINALLY my favorite of his programs is getting the attention it deserves.  The matching of motion to music in that program is, in my opinion, the best program he's done, although Otonal comes close.  GPF 2014 is, as far as I'm concerned, Yuzu's greatest skate.  There is an intensity there he rarely reaches and if it weren't for that fall late in the program he'd almost certainly have set a FS record.  As it was he was salvaging a disastrous season and he did it with sheer bravado and a four and half minute adrenalin surge.  The result was a margin of victory amongst the highest ever in a GPF.  Yuzu showed what he could do when adversity was nipping at his heels.  If I'm now able to see POTO in a darkened arena with spotlights on him I'm happy.  I just hope he's using the POTO2 costume which is my favorite (followed by Origin's, which resembles a negative image of the POTO).

As a sidenote I am hoping that Yuzu might skate a program dedicated to Nanami and for me that would be RJ1, a program much superior to RJ2.  Making that his long program this season would be a fitting tribute to a coach who has been too much forgotten, the only coach to have ushered Yuzu through an undefeated season.

11 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I haven't found a way to see it yet, but if POTO  is the operative gala/exhibition program all I can say is FINALLY my favorite of his programs is getting the attention it deserves.  The matching of motion to music in that program is, in my opinion, the best program he's done, although Otonal comes close.  GPF 2014 is, as far as I'm concerned, Yuzu's greatest skate.  There is an intensity there he rarely reaches and if it weren't for that fall late in the program he'd almost certainly have set a FS record.  As it was he was salvaging a disastrous season and he did it with sheer bravado and a four and half minute adrenalin surge.  The result was a margin of victory amongst the highest ever in a GPF.  Yuzu showed what he could do when adversity was nipping at his heels.  If I'm now able to see POTO in a darkened arena with spotlights on him I'm happy.  I just hope he's using the POTO2 costume which is my favorite (followed by Origin's, which resembles a negative image of the POTO).

As a sidenote I am hoping that Yuzu might skate a program dedicated to Nanami and for me that would be RJ1, a program much superior to RJ2.  Making that his long program this season would be a fitting tribute to a coach who has been too much forgotten, the only coach to have ushered Yuzu through an undefeated season.

It'll be a different program, not the program he skated to in 2014/15. The music is POTO/Masquerade, and it'll be a collaboration between Yuzu and Toshi from the group X Japan. So the music, the choreo and also the costume will be different. 

4 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I think it is for ice shows. Yuzu doesnt usually announce his new programs until media day at this point. he rarely skates his programs at faoi now except for last 2 seasons when he recycled chopin. but we never knowww :hihi:

But he introduced HYK at FaOI...