General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

In any case Yuzu's penchant for elaborate costumes is far greater than any of the other skaters out there, although we probably should take into consideration Yuzu now has the financial resources to afford almost any costume he and his advisors dream up. 

Also, Yuzu does have that almost unearthly, not quite human quality sometimes on the ice, a supernatural aura (as some say, almost a living anime) which means he can wear what others can't (Shoma does come close sometimes, and Takahashi, Mura and especially Machida were every bit as ornate at times :))

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

Also, Yuzu does have that almost unearthly, not quite human quality sometimes on the ice, a supernatural aura (as some say, almost a living anime) which means he can wear what others can't (Shoma does come close sometimes, and Takahashi, Mura and especially Machida were every bit as ornate at times :))

Let's face it, the Japanese men in general have the most interesting and beautiful costumes. None of the others come close!

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Does Yuzu bring Pooh to ice shows too?  Miss both much...

How interesting.  I've a very old addition of the book from when I was young but never knew this story.  

Actually as far as I can recall from my old reading days, Winnie the Pooh was originally named as Edward Bear when Christopher Robin was v young (his real teddy bear toy), and renamed by Chris to combine the names of his 2 animal friends - the Winnie bear in London Zoo (that soldier story) and the Pooh a pet swan (yes, Swan!!) that was mentioned in one of the Pooh stories.  Think Pooh was the sound Chris made to call the swan and try get it closer but the swan might not respond to him (perhaps it had the character of a cat...)

Just wonder if Yuzu reads all Pooh stories...

I won't go in details, but reading all the messages for the fan book is a big eye-opener. Yuzu means so much to so many people. Most messages are cute and positive, but  some are also very emotionally charged. If he gets such messages from fans on a regular basis, no wonder he puts so much weight on his shoulders... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Give the boy all the love in the world.... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

(FYI I keep all messages but occasionally trim a little bit to keep things light and positive, since it's meant as a cheer project)

2 hours ago, ruruzest said:

interesting thread!

Oh my! So many Yuzus in your room... That would be impossible for me to handle.

I have one Yuzu picture on my wall. ONE. It's not even a photo, just a drawing, and even that is really spooky, because:

Spoiler

I have to tell him everytime to close his eyes or look away, when I take my clothes off :1:

On the other hand it's very motivating to see his smile above my desk, when I have to work or recover from a tough day :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

I won't go in details, but reading all the messages for the fan book is a big eye-opener. Yuzu means so much to so many people. Most messages are cute and positive, but  some are also very emotionally charged. If he gets such messages from fans on a regular basis, no wonder he puts so much weight on his shoulders... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Give the boy all the love in the world.... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

(FYI I keep all messages but occasionally trim a little bit to keep things light and positive, since it's meant as a cheer project)

That mass of messages and kreative contributions must be a dream to read! If this great project cannot fuel Yuzu's power and motivation for the next season, I don't know what else could :10742289:

Hey guys! I posted this in the Weloveyuzu thread but thought I should ask here as well since more people come here

I am compiling some quotes for our cheer project and I think I just want to get the best quotes from the following people on Yuzu as a skater/person (rather about his perf/program). 

• Vincent Zhou - not sure if he ever talked about Yuzu. I know he looks up to Yuzu but I have never come across one from him. 
  • Daniel Grassl - (if any)
  • Nobu
  • Jun - I am looking for his recent interview where he talked about Yuzu. I know it's on Twitter but couldn't seem to find it. 
  • Shae Lynn Borne (not from ciontu)
  • Jeffrey Buttle (not from ciontu)
  • Tessa and Scott (If any)

Thank you so much in advance!