General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

Other than both being thin East Asian men of medium height, Yuzu and Nathan look nothing alike. How weird. Maybe it was the practice gear :xD:

...did they forget that Nathan got curls? :xD:. It honestly turned me into that angry cactus for a bit but eventually I just laughed it off... It ends up looking just sad to see them reaching that hard *shrugs*

58 minutes ago, faeline said:

Or talking about how Yuzu is past his prime and he should retire since he's got injuries whereas Nathan will reign forever yadayada... I'm half way into warning them that everyone gets injured eventually.

...and it isn't like Nathan is completely injury free for his whole career. There was that time where he had hip injury in his last junior season (if I am not mistaken).

16 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

ice shows and talk show!!

we are blessed!

:sadPooh:

Stupid question abound  it is 1.00 PM in Japan time, yeah? I just hope someone will capture the video and post it afterwards, with translations and all...

Glad to be watered lately these days... Turns out we don't have to run dry for that long huh :party2:

Me: ah, a talk show, 12th May so nice, somehing to look forward to

A minute later

Me: Wait... It's the 11th... TOMORROW??

Time is going by so fast,  it's like still April in my brain  :embSwan:  I wonder if it's prerecorded? Or could he be in Japan already?

3 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

Me: ah, a talk show, 12th May so nice, somehing to look forward to

A minute later

Me: Wait... It's the 11th... TOMORROW??

Time is going by so fast,  it's like still April in my brain  :embSwan:  I wonder if it's prerecorded? Or could he be in Japan already?

FOI starts in a couple of weeks right?he could be there already spending some quality time at home....anyhow yep I had the same reactiong: TOMORROW??!!!

That was tonight at 1am. It was mostly about Fantasy on Ice, how they're doing it, an interview with the producer and the music director. I think the tweet was rather that in the show they said Yuzu's appearance was confirmed yesterday. and they showed a clip of Wings of Words (among other memorable performances from last year). Yuzu didn't actually appear. Most interesting thing is maybe that they'd had studio rehearsal with the artists on the day of the interview and had arranged the songs for skating for the show. (And they talked about Toshi being a surprising addition lol Rock and classical... that sounds good, means it's more old Toshi, I think lol) And they also said not all shows will have the same songs (specifically saying the songs Toshi will do in Makuhari will not be the same as the ones he'll do in Toyama).

Oh, OT here, but they also said they didn't call Zagitova last year because they thought it best not to have both her and Evgenia in the same show, after the Olympics... (wonder why they picked Evgenia over Alina...)

12 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That was tonight at 1am. It was mostly about Fantasy on Ice, how they're doing it, an interview with the producer and the music director. I think the tweet was rather that in the show they said Yuzu's appearance was confirmed yesterday. and they showed a clip of Wings of Words (among other memorable performances from last year). Yuzu didn't actually appear. Most interesting thing is maybe that they'd had studio rehearsal with the artists on the day of the interview and had arranged the songs for skating for the show. (And they talked about Toshi being a surprising addition lol Rock and classical... that sounds good, means it's more old Toshi, I think lol) And they also said not all shows will have the same songs (specifically saying the songs Toshi will do in Makuhari will not be the same as the ones he'll do in Toyama).

Oh, OT here, but they also said they didn't call Zagitova last year because they thought it best not to have both her and Evgenia in the same show, after the Olympics... (wonder why they picked Evgenia over Alina...)

Old loyalties? 

26 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

This is off topic, but I believe Evgenia and Plushenko have the same agent and agency (Ari Zakarian) and I think Evgenia was (is?) sponsored by P&G who is a major sponsor the FaoI. I’m not surprised they asked Evgenia over Zagitova last year if I take that into account. 

11 minutes ago, kiches said:

This is off topic, but I believe Evgenia and Plushenko have the same agent and agency (Ari Zakarian) and I think Evgenia was (is?) sponsored by P&G who is a major sponsor the FaoI. I’m not surprised they asked Evgenia over Zagitova last year if I take that into account. 

But Evgenia didn't do all the stops they still could have Zagitova later...ah well I really don't know a thing about how this stuff works,to me there's nothing wrong to have both the gold and silver medalist ,but that's why i'm here and not there organizing a skating show!

Am i wrong or Shizuka Arakawa will be there this year too?I can't wait to see her skate againg (and with Yuzuru especially):7938863:

3 minutes ago, mercedes said:

But Evgenia didn't do all the stops they still could have Zagitova later...ah well I really don't know a thing about how this stuff works,to me there's nothing wrong to have both the gold and silver medalist ,but that's why i'm here and not there organizing a skating show!

Am i wrong or Shizuka Arakawa will be there this year too?I can't wait to see her skate againg (and with Yuzuru especially):7938863:

Shizuka is in the show this year, I think she was pregnant last year so she couldn’t participate. It’ll be nice to have both of Sendai’s OGM in the Sendai show!