General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Personally, I'm looking forward to this year's Dory, whatever it may be. Because you know there's always one like that  in the bunch. And satellites are so darn funny making comments about it. It's such a good time.

And he always looks like he's having a great time hanging out with fellow skaters, being an annoying brat during practices and just generally be -extra- in all of his movements...

Well as long as he isn't pushing himself too hard. :dontdothistome:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Nathan? With mushroom hair? And nearly 1m jump height? I obviously missed something in this off-season. :P

Other than both being thin East Asian men of medium height, Yuzu and Nathan look nothing alike. How weird. Maybe it was the practice gear :xD:

I am so tired of the USF and US hyping  of their American skaters. ...so tired of their attempt to rewrite skating perspective through an American jaundiced lens.

Give credit where credit is DUE!!

Yuzu is the most beautiful skater I have ever seen...an artist who is a phenomenal athlete!  His movements are ineffably beautiful, his arms, hands,  fingers...entire body expresses wonderfully.  

30 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I am so tired of the USF and US hyping  of their American skaters. ...so tired of their attempt to rewrite skating perspective through an American jaundiced lens.

Yuzu is the most beautiful skater I have ever seen...an artist who is a phenomenal athlete!  His movements are ineffably beautiful, his arms, hands,  fingers...entire body expresses wonderfully.  

After seeing pictures from the US Stars on Ice, I feel like I now understand why USFS is trying so hard. FS is so dead there in terms of public interest that they have to try hyping Nathan if they hope to ever rekindle interest in FS. Only it's not going to work, because Nathan is a cool kid, but he doesn't have that something that draws in the crowds (and my impression is he couldn't care less about that, either). For all their hype, Yuzu's name is in the history books and nobody will ever remove it from there.

Back to nicer topics, I don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but Yuzu has already worked with Antonio Najarro (before Javi :P), although admittedly not on flamenco:

I really wish we had a full video of the show version... Yuzu seems really spot on to me... (and I'm sure I remember seeing bits of footage from this finale, but I can't find it anymore...)

E2Hmmm8q?format=jpg&name=600x314

looking at Yuzu's t-shirt...:hihi:.   Now he is a superstar whose every word and movement is scrutinized and shared!  Not only is Yuzuru Hanyu's name legendary and already written in the history books:  He is in our HEARTs where he wishes to be remembered and cherished!!  He has already overachieved, Mr Extra Hanyu!

:cri:

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

It's USFS wanting that sweet piece of yuzu flavoured $$$ pie - and barring stealing Yuzu from Japan, they have to make their own. I'm sure Nathan is a nice enough person, but he's missing all that magic that makes Yuzu special (that duality!! the sensitivity to music). They still want to shove it down their countrymen's throat, and their media has always been quite successful in keeping their general public blissfully ignorant.

Doesn't matter to those we aren't ignorant - we know the truth.

I think they might have a better chance to make a US FS star if they sent the whole batch of US figure skaters to Korea for boyband camp to learn some star quality.

Edit: I'm also getting really sick of tired of dumb comments about how Nathan is balletic or whatever, and all I see are flailing arms and a dude that's about to topple on the ice. Or talking about how Yuzu is past his prime and he should retire since he's got injuries whereas Nathan will reign forever yadayada... I'm half way into warning them that everyone gets injured eventually. Or how Nathan is so much more consistent than Yuzu - seriously f---- off.

I was watching on old training clip of Yuzu at TCC, with the sound off. He was in the Under Armor. 

He starts his run through, and 3 moves in, I'm like, "Oh, that's Parisienne Walkways!" And I hadn't seen it in months. 

You know you're a fanyu when....!:1:

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I was watching on old training clip of Yuzu at TCC, with the sound off. He was in the Under Armor. 

He starts his run through, and 3 moves in, I'm like, "Oh, that's Parisian Walkways!" And I hadn't seen it in months. 

Recently, I saw a clip of Yuzu practicing Ina Bauer... and R+J2.0 music (specifically the part for the Ina Bauer) played in my head. And I don't even watch R+J that much. I think all fanyus can hum the music according the Ina Bauer hehehe~

25 minutes ago, faeline said:

Recently, I saw a clip of Yuzu practicing Ina Bauer... and R+J2.0 music (specifically the part for the Ina Bauer) played in my head. And I don't even watch R+J that much. I think all fanyus can hum the music according the Ina Bauer hehehe~

It could be a game...identify the program from the opening moves or something like that. But no costume hints.

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He starts his run through, and 3 moves in, I'm like, "Oh, that's Parisienne Walkways!" And I hadn't seen it in months. 

Exactly when you can identify LGC from a few seconds of Yuzu in UA without music.