General Yuzuru Chat

52 minutes ago, liv said:

It is a vicious circle. We hear he has to be either off the ice for 2-3 months/or needs rehab for 2-3 months, and then we see him skating/jumping after only a short time... and then we find out he hasn't completely healed... and then he has to take more time off... the only time he really took time off from shows was after his foot injury in 2016.  I was really hoping he'd skip it all this summer, to be honest. 

Even the 2016 one was cos Orser put his foot down & said publically Yuzuru was not in any condition to skate.

If anything, he and his team won't risk the injuries just for ice show, he's one of few skaters doesn't have any financial problem. He skipped alot of competition and ice show in the past to recover too.  I'm glad he will do Faoi, I took it as a sign that he must be well enough to skate. Yuzuru love ice shows and he deserve some great time with his friend and hometown crowd before new season. 

В 08.05.2019 в 22:45, ruruzest сказал:

I remember reading some posts saying it’s some kind of vitamin powder drink and also saw Yuzu either putting the powder or squeeze some liquid  into his bottle. Iirc he also said it doesn’t taste good! 

В 08.05.2019 в 23:06, yuzuangel сказал:

I think it's Amino Vital?

thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Japan-Health-Beauty-Ajinomoto-123gx6/dp/B013S74SBS

Ajinomoto Amino Vital GOLD jelly drink 

so that's why it is jelly)))

11 hours ago, cvdnce said:

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that I had 1000 likes for the original tweet.  Let alone 17500 views on YouTube, and now this article.  I was just speaking the truth about Yuzuru’s artistry and inspiration.   That’s all.

I hope you can make it to ACI, I was wondering if you might consider it, I'm definitely planning to go too! It's a great way to start attending competitions, very affordable (especially for us North Americans) as well as being one great big Yuzu-love fest (although any of his competitions are pretty much that by now, just not quite as affordable!). The biggest downside is we don't get to see an exhibition program BUT we usually get costume reveals, and first glimpse of new programs.

Also, Ghislain, Traci and Brian are frequently cruising the venue so you could even have a chance to chat them up a bit and mention your tribute ... you know, just if it happens to come up somehow :winky:

22 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Me yesterday: Somewhere between sad and dry cactus

Me today: Blooming cactus

What a difference a day made...twenty-four little h...h...hanyu!!

A thought of Yuzu filled weekends starting at the end of May made me so happy but can't help feeling a bit guilty. It's because a part of me fearing that Yuzu may still not be recovered fully but had decided to do ice shows bc he knows fans are missing him. I strongly hope he should know what's doable and what's not for his current condition (or is it more like what matters to him the most at a particular moment like at CoR...:13877886:). 

Anyway, if he's decided ice shows are doable, I'm just going to enjoy whatever Yuzu decides to show us. Last year, our thread of Faoi was full of wtf and wth at the debut of Dory the WoW. I can't wait!!!! Streaming party would be great:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: What will we get this year? Can Yuzu come up with something that can exceed space kitty or cherry blossom fairy?  

See update on May 15th here.

Some broadcasters have announced that they are going to air FaOI this year:

-FaOI Makuhari
Will be aired by BS Asahi on May 27th, from 21:00 (JST)
source
-FaOI Sendai
Will be aired by Sendai Hoso (the Sendai-based TV station which always makes a beautiful Yuzu poster to promote Worlds and JNats) on July 14th, from 19:00 
source
-FaOI Kobe
Will also be aired by BS Asahi. They will announce the date and time later.
source
-FaOI Toyama
No announcement yet but Toyama TV aired FaOI Toyama in 2014 and they are one of the organizers this year. I think it is possible that they will air the show this year as well. They aired the news of Yuzu joining the show yesterday.

I'm quite surprised Yuzu is doing ice shows this year. I have mixed feelings like some of you but yeah I know he loves to skate so I'm keeping a positive mindset!!. I'll try not to have mini heart attacks every time he does a small jump or something lol.

Just a little question :sign0009: just to be sure and better understand the process : how to purchase tickets for Fantasy on Ice when you are French ? Is it possible on line with Lawson or something else  for example ? Is a japanese phone number required ? :headdesk:

21 minutes ago, Charlène said:

Just a little question :sign0009: just to be sure and better understand the process : how to purchase tickets for Fantasy on Ice when you are French ? Is it possible on line with Lawson or something else  for example ? Is a japanese phone number required ? :headdesk:

Hi, you can find more info on this page! Hope it helps!

Yuzu doing ice shows?  Is he healed?  I say 'go for it' on the shows.  'Do it cautiously' because of the injury factor.  We don't have to expect and I'm sure Yuzu's fans in Japan do not expect to see Yuzu in competition mode.  I think he feels he has to give something back to his fans considering the last two badly truncated seasons.  He doesn't want to miss the GPF for the third consecutive year.  The same goes for Japanese nationals.  I'm sure Shoma wants an unasterisked championship (meaning Yuzu was here this time).  So in the ice shows he skates really safe and leaves the fans still in ecstasy.  That will work.  It also gives him the opportunity for a prolonged stay in Japan.  I'm sure he misses his homeland and his home city.  A question - what program?  He can dumb down any of his competition programs to make them safe or he can go with one of his earlier exhibition programs.  The choice is his.  The fans will be happy with anything.  The thing we have to remember is that Yuzu hates skating in a vacuum.  He wants the seats filled and the audience ready to cheer their hearts out.  In the summer that means the ice shows.  I have a strong feeling  that Yuzu already has his music for next season's programs ready to roll and probably a general layout for them.  Yuzu is always very organized.  So the drought will be broken over the summer and everyone can be ready to weather the mini-drought between the last ice show and ACI (if that's on the agenda this year).  All of us can also spend a great deal of time and a great many posts wondering which GP qualifiers he'll go to.  Right now the coming months do not seem as dreadful as they were just a few days ago.  So let's all get ready for Fantasy on Ice and be prepared for the upcoming season.  If we're lucky and Yuzu's fully healed and stays fully healed we might get a repeat of his last season on the junior level where, according to one commentator, Yuzu 'won everything in sight'.

8 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Me yesterday: Somewhere between sad and dry cactus

Me today: Blooming cactus

What a difference a day made...twenty-four little h...h...hanyu!!

A thought of Yuzu filled weekends starting at the end of May made me so happy but can't help feeling a bit guilty. It's because a part of me fearing that Yuzu may still not be recovered fully but had decided to do ice shows bc he knows fans are missing him. I strongly hope he should know what's doable and what's not for his current condition (or is it more like what matters to him the most at a particular moment like at CoR...:13877886:). 

Anyway, if he's decided ice shows are doable, I'm just going to enjoy whatever Yuzu decides to show us. Last year, our thread of Faoi was full of wtf and wth at the debut of Dory the WoW. I can't wait!!!! Streaming party would be great:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: What will we get this year? Can Yuzu come up with something that can exceed space kitty or cherry blossom fairy?  

Personally, I'm looking forward to this year's Dory, whatever it may be. Because you know there's always one like that  in the bunch. And satellites are so darn funny making comments about it. It's such a good time.