General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

This pic :68468287:

D5iNC_dWwAEDn02.jpg

*spying over the hedge* "I KNEW it. Susan's using NON FAIR TRADE chocolate chips in her bake sale cookies. She thinks she can fool me? The TWO-TIME GOLD MEDALIST of the Pleasantview Winter Bakestravaganza? Definitely changing next week's Book & Wine meeting time and forgetting to tell her."

I suck at Japanese but Chinese is perfectly fine with me... so I'm translating from a Chinese Tweet:

Sakada Yuuki is from the same school year as Yuzu. He has autism.

Whenever Yuzu has free time, he would gather his school mates to play with Yuuki. Whenever they have skating classes, he would also teach him how to skate. They would also go on school outings/hikings together. Both of them will call each other Yuzuru and Yuuki-kun. Sakada family sent the message to [Yuzu NEWS] and Yuzu himself said "This always makes me very happy!"

Pic 1> News article of Japanese for Ants

Pic 2> Yuzu and Sakada

Pic 3> Yuzu's signature to Sakada-san.

Pic 4> From Weibo - Due to the earthquake, the Sakada family moved to Kanazawa, and they lost contact after middle school. In 2013 March, Sakada's younger brother went to an ice show and asked Yuzu if he remembers Yuuki. Yuzu replies that he will not forget in this lifetime! Sakada's younger brother then gave Yuzu Sakada's message, which wrote that he gained much courage from Yuzu's actions.

He is seriously one of the most empathic person I've ever seen. :softYuzu:

2 hours ago, faeline said:

I suck at Japanese but Chinese is perfectly fine with me... so I'm translating from a Chinese Tweet:

Whenever Yuzu has free time, he would gather his school mates to play with Yuuki. Whenever they have skating classes, he would also teach him how to skate. They would also go on school outings/hikings together. Both of them will call each other Yuzuru and Yuuki-kun. Sakada family sent the message to [Yuzu NEWS] and Yuzu himself said "This always makes me very happy!"

Pic 2> Yuzu and Sakada

Pic 4> From Weibo - Due to the earthquake, the Sakada family moved to Kanazawa, and they lost contact after middle school. In 2013 March, Sakada's younger brother went to an ice show and asked Yuzu if he remembers Yuuki. Yuzu replies that he will not forget in this lifetime! Sakada's younger brother then gave Yuzu Sakada's message, which wrote that he gained much courage from Yuzu's actions.

He is seriously one of the most empathic person I've ever seen. :softYuzu:

JPN TV did a segment on this a while ago. It was cute how the guy was cheering for him! His father made kind of a fanclub for Yuzuru. Can't find the video for my dear life though, it was on dailymotion.  

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

unpopular opinion but i hope he rests. i would feel sad if he decided to do FaOI tbh

I think he might just do Faoi Sendai and rest.. That would be nice. And if he doesn't jump. 

2 hours ago, faeline said:

Pic 2> Yuzu and Sakada

He is seriously one of the most empathic person I've ever seen.:softYuzu:n..

Why do you think he received the People's Honor Award.  Officially it was for the two Olympic gold medals.  But it was also for his humanitarian outreach to quake survivors and other such gestures.  Those elements reflect Yuzu the human being.  Yuzu has always had empathy for others but it was put into overdrive by the quake.  Yuzu realizes that he and his family got off easy after the quake.  They didn't lose there home; none of them were even injured.  Yuzu realizes that and he knows how awful the quake has been for tens of thousands of others.  He is determined not to forget them and we know how strong Yuzu's determination can be.

23 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I want to say thank you to everyone who is involved in the creation of this fan book. This is a wonderful idea :grouphug:

It's a bit sad that videos cannot be printed in photobooks, because Yuzu inspired and motivated me to reach the next level of editing skills. I never thought that I could learn something challenging like this without outside help.

This fan project and the latest video deletion wave on YouTube fueled me to create a decalogy of Yuzuru Hanyu-tribute videos:

Hide contents

Signature moves (part I & II)

(III) Jump evolution

(IV) Step sequence selection

(V) Iconic starting and ending poses

(VI) Best recovery jumps and layout changes
(VII) Greatest practice moments
(VIII) Rituals and fan culture

(IX) Tribute programs and elements

(X) Career flashback (including major titles, records, firsts and special moments)

(I) and (VI) are finished and uploaded already. The topics and order of publishing can change. It depends on the next couple of seasons, the available video material and my personal schedule. Yuzu seems to stay competitive a bit longer and plans new jumps and other things, so it makes sense to wait especially with II, III and X. The ritual and tribute collections are clips that I had on the radar a while ago, so they might be up next.

My motivation is to create a summary of Yuzu's skating history and introduce him to old and new fans in a series of different viewpoints (technique, artistry, cognitive and mental strength, success and popularity). I don't want to compare him with other skaters or make any rankings (top 10 jumps, moments,...). Tastes are different and I think every fan has his or her own personal ranking already. I just want to make people remember his achievements and legacy in this sport.

Do you think, this is a good idea and worth a go? If you have other nice ideas for topics, I'm open for every suggestion. Might need some help with the raw material (my FS video archive is very... limited...) Especially show footage and practice fancams are difficult to get due to copyright issues. However, I will do my very best to edit new clips and complete this series :10815002:

I love your videos i’ve been waiting for the prart2 :67638860:

Hmm actually waiting till the end of his chareer then making those videos makes sense but I personally would watch if you did a 2011-2019 & then upload (when the time comes) through his whole career (or any time interval really)

22 hours ago, mercedes said:

it'a wondeful idea I jut love your videos!

Great music choice and you included Etude (very underrated program but still one of my fave) and Change, my top 3 fave EX so far!:clap:

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

I love your videos i’ve been waiting for the prart2 :67638860:

Hmm actually waiting till the end of his chareer then making those videos makes sense but I personally would watch if you did a 2011-2019 & then upload (when the time comes) through his whole career (or any time interval really)

Thank you very much! :grouphug:

Yes, I wanted to pay tribute to Yuzu's programs equally. Of course I have my personal favorites, but every program has something special that makes it worth to remember. I think the only (competitive) senior programs that did not appear in the first two videos were Otonal, Zigeunerweisen and Notre Dame the Paris. (hope they don't feel discriminated...)

I plan to edit 1-2 videos per season. For me it makes sense to start with clips where I have the raw material and a rough storyboard already. The career flashback might need a split in two halfs. Yuzu's career is veeery action packed already (and there seems a lot more to come :drama:). On the other hand the impact of so many titles, records, firsts and other achievements in a single clip would be amazing, too. What would you say?

Spoiler

The collection of Yuzu's rituals and fan traditions is a clip that I wanted to do for some time now, because they fascinate me so much. It includes basically everything that Yuzu does before and after a performance from touching the ice to his very special bowing, the Pooh-rain, the huge jump on top of the podium, the little countdown + scream after EX galas or shows and many other things...

I don't know any skater, who can make the crowd freak out just by taking his jacket off or... yeah... "arriving" :laughing: When Yuzuru Hanyu enters the arena, something happens with the atmosphere, the tension and excitement skyrockets through his sheer presence, aye? I would really like to put all these special rituals into one clip. It has become an important part of the skating circus and has no real equal in the history of figure skating (or any other sport).

On 5/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, Henni147 said:

I want to say thank you to everyone who is involved in the creation of this fan book. This is a wonderful idea :grouphug:

It's a bit sad that videos cannot be printed in photobooks, because Yuzu inspired and motivated me to reach the next level of editing skills. I never thought that I could learn something challenging like this without outside help.

This fan project and the latest video deletion wave on YouTube fueled me to create a decalogy of Yuzuru Hanyu-tribute videos:

Reveal hidden contents

Signature moves (part I & II)

(III) Jump evolution

(IV) Step sequence selection

(V) Iconic starting and ending poses

(VI) Best recovery jumps and layout changes
(VII) Greatest practice moments
(VIII) Rituals and fan culture

(IX) Tribute programs and elements

(X) Career flashback (including major titles, records, firsts and special moments)

(I) and (VI) are finished and uploaded already. The topics and order of publishing can change. It depends on the next couple of seasons, the available video material and my personal schedule. Yuzu seems to stay competitive a bit longer and plans new jumps and other things, so it makes sense to wait especially with II, III and X. The ritual and tribute collections are clips that I had on the radar a while ago, so they might be up next.

My motivation is to create a summary of Yuzu's skating history and introduce him to old and new fans in a series of different viewpoints (technique, artistry, cognitive and mental strength, success and popularity). I don't want to compare him with other skaters or make any rankings (top 10 jumps, moments,...). Tastes are different and I think every fan has his or her own personal ranking already. I just want to make people remember his achievements and legacy in this sport.

Do you think, this is a good idea and worth a go? If you have other nice ideas for topics, I'm open for every suggestion. Might need some help with the raw material (my FS video archive is very... limited...) Especially show footage and practice fancams are difficult to get due to copyright issues. However, I will do my very best to edit new clips and complete this series :10815002:

this idea is so interesting! I think it's such an original perspective, these types of video are vary rare! :1497158260_5GOE: good job!

7 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

The career flashback might need a split in two halfs. Yuzu's career is very action packed already (and there seems a lot more to come). On the other hand the impact of so many titles, records, firsts and other achievements in a single clip would be amazing, too. What would you say?

It is possible to put ALL THAT into ONE video??? :knc_tracy1:  

it would be a movie :hihi: (couldn't someone make a movie based on his career??? That would be epic :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: )

5 minutes ago, Marte said:

It is possible to put ALL THAT into ONE video??? :knc_tracy1:  

it would be a movie :hihi: (couldn't someone make a movie based on his career??? That would be epic :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: )

A career documentary movie would be amazing for sure. (I wouldn't be surprised, if NHK or someone else prepared it already...)

And yes, it might crash my editor :LOL:

6 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

A career documentary movie would be amazing for sure. (I wouldn't be surprised, if NHK or someone else prepared it already...)

And yes, it might crash my editor :LOL:

can you imagine all the extra drama that it would contain just for the sake of it? nhk give us all of that please! I want to watch it! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: :rofl2: