General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

What I am amazed is that more gala and ice show choreographers don't take advantage of this and have them do more duos together like this, because it's obvious it would be an extraordinary performance. Just remember Oly practice with them doing skating skills exercises and everyone apparently dying over how awesome it was. How can choreographers not take advantage of that and actually make a performance out of it is beyond me (unless, of course, they wanted to and the guys refused, for whatever reason).

I do believe that we will see a sbs performance from these two in the future (if both stay healthy of course). I think the reason why they haven't done it yet, is simply because of the competitions. As soon as both have enough time to be creative, I can imagine that they will prepare a really great program that matches their high standards and expectations. ROI and CiONTU would be great stages for that.

It would be so awesome to see a real "battle" on ice between a Spanish matador and a Japanese martial artist (or Seimei). Two fighters circling around each other and everyone's waiting eagerly for the first move...

[Yags wouldn't mind a gladiator program either, I guess :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:]

EDIT: My impression is that whenever you see two people skate a program together, you automatically get those couple vibes... It would be revolutionary to watch two skaters in sync, but skating against each other as rivals or with each other as good friends (no lifts, pair spins, pair dance etc.). Yuzu and Javi could do both and I'm sure the resonance would be very positive.

Thank you all and Happy Birthday to our Planet! :10815002:

I only joined a couple of months ago and I've already fallen in love with our Planet and think of it as my (virtual) home planet now. I'm endlessly grateful to those wonderful people who had the inspiration and motivation to set up a home base for Yuzu fans, took action and put in so much work, effort, dedication and love. I can barely imagine all the work, energy and thought that must have gone into a project like this. :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

The more I discover about the Planet, the more I'm amazed how kind, positive, loving, caring, smart and funny all the satellites here are, how well everything works here, how much stuff one can do and how much fun it is. I love being here! I love sharing our love and support for Yuzu together! It's such a comfort to have a safe place where I can allow my inner Fanyu to roam freely. To many, many, many more lightyears of this fantastic ride.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PLANET HANYU!

A special thanks to the fabulous admins and support staff who keep this magical world spinning, and hugs to all satellites who reward my daily (sometimes hourly) visits here with laughter, tears, beauty and kuyashii. Long may Yuzu skate, and long may we continue to orbit around him. 

xoxoxo

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: Happy anniversary to the Planet and all the satellites :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

I can't believe it has already been two years .. If the planet was a baby it would be walking now :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Let's continue being crazy together until our forth or fifth year so that we can have it start skating :figure-skating-smiley:

Which can be next year! Lol 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Most still show their advancement in age. But Yuzu is sorta ageless, like an elf. 

If you see Yuzu in action back when, let's say 2014, you can tell the difference but in many respects Yuzu's appearance is ageless.  As far as 'like an elf', I was thinking that if Lord of the Rings were to be remade, Yuzu would be a perfect Legolas.

argh I have almost missed the anniversary:tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PLANET!:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

may all of us keep having fun and being just as extra as our fave space kitten for a long long time!

:smiley-happy093::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer::pillowfight::yahoo::rock::loveshower::smiley-happy105::tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::hugs:

thank you, mods and admins, for keeping this place nice and cozy, and thank you to all satellites for making this place special and warm and a little bit crazy :laughing::10742289:

also, how nice that on this day we also had the monument unveiling:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: all according to the plan? :gla:

2 hours ago, SuperMin said:

my crazy brain fully expected the Seimei song to start after the ticket popped up:laughing:

glad to know I wasn't the only one:embSwan:

hey, that ticket popping up with fierce!Zu in that pose would suit the music amazingly :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

(I had never thought gates opening could look that epic!)

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Raise your hand if the first thing you did was zoom in to make sure they spelled 'Olympic' correctly...:LOL:

Me, me!!!:hihi:

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Happy Hanyu Planniversary to everyone too!  :7938863::7938863::7938863:

It can now be added to the dictionary of the planet too :10742289:

should I add it to our Planet glossary?:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

:sadPooh:Two years already? Wow

Thanks to all of you who contribute to this place:10742289:  hopefully we will be here for more cycles of worrying:10742289:

:10742289:

hopefully  there will be many more cycles of happiness!!!

(and less cycles of ranting:fingerscrossed:)

I'm a little bit late but happy annyversary PH:68271401:

I think I joined almost a year ago after some good lurking first ,this is a rare place, an oasis where people with different background ,culture and  languages can discuss what they love in a very respectful way!

So thank you to the team behind this site,you guys are doing an amazing job :1497158260_5GOE:

and a big huge hug to all of you satellites for your posts,you made my life way richer ,you moved me and you made me laugh with joy...stay happy you all:7938863:

p.s. Yuzuru really is ageless (although at his age I was ageless too LOL) but most of all he has this rubber face,the range of expressions he can pull from silly to the famous death stare really :dancingpooh:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Agree. Although whoever choreographed SOI Canada this year tried to include some of that into the group numbers. There was a whole piece with a breakdancing theme that was basically all the skaters pairing off in turn and doing SBS elements. Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to film with my crappy Android and all my videos are blurry. 

It's particularly challenging even with a decent camera to film at ice shows or galas, partly because of the low-light situation, partly because you can't zoom in much if there are two or more people moving on the ice (especially when they move apart from each other) - unless you just want to film one of them. 

A little late but wishing everyone a Happy Hanyu Planniversary!

A million thanks to the mods and admins for maintaining and nurturing the community, and to all the satellites who make this planet a very sparkly special place. And deepest gratitude to the Little Prince himself for inspiring all of us to be kind, and to strive to be the best that we can be.