General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

And you know that Yuzuru's score wouldn't have exceeded Nathan's if he'd been able to hold on to an SP lead, how? Do you realize there's always been a momentum aspect to the sport?

Yuzuru probably DOES need more quads, in case Chen tries to land 5 in the LP in order to beat him. That's the real reason, though, unless you want to say that it doesn't matter at all if Yuzuru trains the 4F and the 4Lz, because Chen already has them and can put them in the LP and do 6 quads total, therefore getting his PCS + GOE that the judges want to pile onto him no matter what, and therefore win?

well you are the one who is convinced Yuzu lost FS to 10 points because he lost short

I am not . I think he lost FS because ISU is blind and dead.

that is the fundamental difference between us.

and yes,  Chen can do a 4S in WTT in that quality got GOE of 4.02 (compared with Yuzu's 4S in COR otonal is 4.30.) and make every one believe he can land 5 in LP. And i was there the whole week in saitama he really got big problems in landing his 4F that is why he replaced 4F with 4lz in short, but judges didn't see anything.  No one get called for UR? what happened to the 4S in origin?

this is why i thought he is the chosen one and yuzu isn't .

I know there's saying different matches has different standard, but we all see how PCS changes after US national.

Yuzu has himself a great deal of power,  if he'd only learn how to use it.  He has endorsement contracts with some powerful skating financers, particularly P&G.  The threat of his retiring would be something they would not like to see any time soon.  Competition organizers, who when Yuzu is competing can count on sell-outs at least for the men's events, value his presence (even if it means bringing in an extra contingent of flower kids to handle the Poohbursts).  He should simply say that if the disadvantageous scoring continues he'll consider retiring to avoid the hassle.  Of course I know, as all of you also, that Yuzu wants to compete as long as it remains possible for him to bring in the gold.  In basic monetary terms Yuzu is worth considerably more than any other male skater out there.  He should take advantage of that, wanting the scoring simply to be fair and not put to his advantage.  It has been said that one should walk quietly but carry a big stick.  Yuzu has a big stick and he should realize there are some times one needs to use it.

26 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Yuzu has himself a great deal of power,  if he'd only learn how to use it.  He has endorsement contracts with some powerful skating financers, particularly P&G.  The threat of his retiring would be something they would not like to see any time soon.  Competition organizers, who when Yuzu is competing can count on sell-outs at least for the men's events, value his presence (even if it means bringing in an extra contingent of flower kids to handle the Poohbursts).  He should simply say that if the disadvantageous scoring continues he'll consider retiring to avoid the hassle.  Of course I know, as all of you also, that Yuzu wants to compete as long as it remains possible for him to bring in the gold.  In basic monetary terms Yuzu is worth considerably more than any other male skater out there.  He should take advantage of that, wanting the scoring simply to be fair and not put to his advantage.  It has been said that one should walk quietly but carry a big stick.  Yuzu has a big stick and he should realize there are some times one needs to use it.

he wouldn't be Yuzuru if he'd do that .

At the very end of the run,what one does on the ice it's what matters :forgets the crazy scoring,the influencial federations,the talks ,when he skates he has something way more then the rest of his competitors .

If he can skate they way he did coming from injuries immagine what he'll do once recovered:party0035:

34 minutes ago, mercedes said:

Exactly. Yuzu's strategy has always been to be so good that judges are compelled to give him good scores no matter what. Instead of talking about scoring, he makes his statement by going out and delivering so much excellence that he's challenging the judges to dare to give him poor scores. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That question goes to the core of "what is the job of a figure skating commentator?" Is it really the commentator's job to tell the viewers about every little or big flaw in every single program, by every skater? Can you imagine what that would be like?  "Up next is Yuri Katsuki, who hasn't been able to do a clean program to save his life for the last two years. The reason being, ( whole bunch of nitpicky negative stuff). But he keeps on landing in the top five because the judges are all biased or paid off by his coach. I sure hope he doesn't screw it up this time." Seriously, no one would watch anymore and all the skaters would feel like killing themselves! 

In other words, no matter what Kurt's actual opinion of the judging is, he's never going to say it on air if he disagrees with it. But pay attention to all the times he says he agrees with the judges instead.

I think some of this also comes down to personal preference in terms of commentary styles. Personally, someone like Ambesi is much more my style because he tells it like it is, isn't interested in PR nonsense from the big feds, and isn't afraid to call out bad or unfair judging as it's happening and even highlight the bias of judges from certain countries. And he can back up all of his opinions with technical knowledge, he's not mean or snarky just for the sake of 'entertainment' like Tara & Johnny. So, he's not going to search for positives to highlight about Nathan just because he won while ignoring the negatives, but he's also not going to be like 'Nathan sucks and only won because he's American'. He just explains in a clear and straightforward way that while Nathan won because he made fewer mistakes, Yuzu is still the GOAT and a much better skater overall and that it's a major problem that the scoring isn't reflecting that properly. 

6 hours ago, mercedes said:

At the very end of the run,what one does on the ice it's what matters :forgets the crazy scoring,the influencial federations,the talks ,when he skates he has something way more then the rest of his competitors .

If he can skate they way he did coming from injuries immagine what he'll do once recovered:party0035:

I agree. Other people in his position might be tempted to actually use their power to influence other people and things to their own advantage, but not Yuzu. He has too much integrity for that. And this is one of the things I admire most about him. He leaves all that politicking, bitching and complaining to other people. And even during hardships and failures that are true tests for a person's character, Yuzu always keeps his integrity and is true to himself.

The only place where Yuzu shows his full power is the ice. And on that slippery surface, he's unsurpassed and will be for a very, very long time, maybe forever. I just re-watched CiONTU and even though I've watched his performances in these shows multiple times, I'm once again blown away by how Yuzu just moves on the ice. His grace and elegance on the ice is out of this world. His love and passion for skating is so obvious every time he steps on that frozen water.

And this is something that differentiates him from other skaters that I've seen. For Yuzu, skating isn't just something that he does and excels at. He literally becomes skating. He is skating. Every time he steps on the ice and starts skating, it's like he enters another magical realm where the laws of earthly physics don't matter. Yuzu creates beauty that is out of this world. It's a magical experience. And I feel soo fortunate that I get to witness this. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

5 hours ago, micaelis said:

I think you are overestimating Yuzu's sponsors. If sponsors = power in the skating community, then given all major ISU sponsors are Japanese companies,  JSF should be the most powerful federation. Yet JSF had been completely useless again and again - with the exception of Uno, all Japanese skaters have been severely underscored both past and present.  Those in power at ISU have been from the Western countries and big 3 federations for a century, and they aren't going to let late-comer Japan join the party easily. And given JSF has earned so much money, they don't feel the need to for politicking like the other Feds - whether Yuzu wins silver or gold, the fans will still pay to see him anyways, so what do the JSF care?

And here is where I think Japanese audience being not nationalistic and welcoming of all foreign skaters actually hurts their own skaters.  The federations earn a cut of skater's show & commercial earnings, and most of that money is in Japan currently,  so they also want to milk all they can out of the Japanese audience, and the way to do it is to suppress Japanese skaters and promote their own. If Rika and Kaori are champions everywhere, do you think the Japanese will still care about Medvedeva and Zagitova as much and even give them commercials? probably not, since they have their own to support.

People are baffled why ISU and JSF don't appreciate Yuzu more given he is the cash cow, but from their POV, he wasn't the chosen cash cow they have wanted to create for the two Olympics (that was clearly Patrick for Sochi and Nathan for PC), and for JSF, had he not showed up at the Olympics, Japanese men would have won gold anyways (and to the skater they prefer). To them, he is the anomaly that overthrew their original narratives. And given he is the anomaly, Yuzu acts in a way outside of  their control and plans, so they actually don't know what to do with him. 

Regarding Yuzu using power. I just don't think he is the type of person who will use power for his own benefit.

He will just try to do his best and win by getting it in the most legal method possible.

To be honest he could be disappointed about his scores but never commented. But when Shoma was low balled in worlds he commented that how is that possible?

And he showed a different kind of upset face imo. I think during that event he was hoping he and Shoma would be at the podium.

And judging his hermit attitude, he probaly wouldn't take the trouble on getting attention and ask for petition to get his way.

Because in the end he might just be thinking: I am Yuzuru Hanyu a skater from Sendai. I want to compete and win as much as I can. Whatever is given along the way I am thankful for all of that.

I am so glad there is a person I can look up too like that even if its just my one sided opinion