General Yuzuru Chat

Hi guys. Yuzu is still in Japan I presume? Wonder if he is getting his costume ideas done whilst he is here, because he will have to do it before Faoi if he wants to reveal new programs there! 

I loved last season's costumes! 10/10 for the whole season.

This season I am hoping for new colors!

Something very RED!!

I read an interview after 2016 Worlds, and he said he wanted to try Jazz, so maybe this season... hopefully Jazz or Tango....

I

40 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Yes, really. If you've watched how judging works, this is exactly what would have happened. When Fernandez was considered second best (like with his performance at the Olympics) he was placed 4 points behind (Unless you consider that "close for excitement" which I can't help). The judges would have clinged onto Chen's inferior quality if Yuzuru had delivered, his place is still second in the judges' eyes, but very close. He hadn't even exceeded 45 PCS before this, IIRC, and even here he couldn't even cross approach 110, which is where Yuzuru would have been with the 4S. That's already 3 points while still considering the judges doubting his ability to deliver in the LP. The momentum within events has always worked like this.

That may be true up to OG 2018. But this Olympic cycle onwards it is clear  they are gearing/pushing for Nathan to be the next OG champ. Nathan was still young & new 2016 to 2018. 

So, unless Yuzuru ups his tech, BV game, the judges will go with Nathan. The message is they want a North American to win it in 2022, that the Asians had their time, now its USA's turn for a piece of the pie. 

Which is unfortunate but not surprising

18 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

Also...I predicted this before but looked like a pessimist...but using Yuzu's picture and then talking about him for 5 seconds was...kinda low?

It is even okay for me if them didn't mention his name, since part of the broadcast content based on the questions audience raised, but mentioin Yuzu for 5 secs in that way  ... just blow up my mind. 

8 minutes ago, eagle said:

But this Olympic cycle onwards it is clear  they are gearing/pushing for Nathan to be the next OG champ.

8 minutes ago, eagle said:

So, unless Yuzuru ups his tech, BV game, the judges will go with Nathan.

How is this "clear" to you, might I ask? Based on a season consisting of Yuzuru winning both his GP events by wide margins, not being participate in the GPF and letting Chen thus build his momentum, and then giving a less than stellar SP performance at worlds?

Again, Chen had 107 for a clean SP event. He crossed 45 PCS for the first time ever, AFTER Yuzuru failed to deliver a clean SP. His GOEs aren't as high as Yuzuru's when both clean. It's not nearly as cut and dry as the soap opera-level "Asia has been dumped by the ISU in favour of the US" (as if it ever was the ISU's love in the first place!) reasoning going on.

1 minute ago, twitwi said:

It is even okay for me if them didn't mention his name, since part of the broadcast content based on the questions audience raised, but mentioin Yuzu for 5 secs in that way  ... just blow up my mind. 

I mean the method of taking audience questions was kinda dumb to begin with? Why call it a season recap if they don't actually do the recap on the the 4 disciplines first THEN take audience questions...that would be more fair for everyone. I wouldn't have minded if they took time to do that. 

13 minutes ago, eagle said:

That may be true up to OG 2018. But this Olympic cycle onwards it is clear  they are gearing/pushing for Nathan to be the next OG champ. Nathan was still young & new 2016 to 2018. 

So, unless Yuzuru ups his tech, BV game, the judges will go with Nathan. The message is they want a North American to win it in 2022, that the Asians had their time, now its USA's turn for a piece of the pie. 

Which is unfortunate but not surprising

They always degraded Asians. In their mind Figure skating is just for white people (North America , Europeans). Asians have to be very very good and above the class that they can't denied it to have a chance at all (see Yuna and Yuzu). It just that Yuzu happened out of their expectation and he's too good and breaking their system. So their are out for revenge. 

Imagine if there's another American who could quads AND white. They would drop Nathan instantly. 

26 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

How is this "clear" to you, might I ask? Based on a season consisting of Yuzuru winning both his GP events by wide margins, not being participate in the GPF and letting Chen thus build his momentum, and then giving a less than stellar SP performance at worlds?

may i say  because the way they scored the FS? how the PCS and the GOE is given? 

and over all season's  the short stsq score? and the way they promote him? 

by 20+ gap, they CLEARLY want to send the signal, even if Yuzu did't make the error in short which caused  the12 points lost, nathan would have won finally.

And yuzuru himself realized ISU is somehow sending the signal, and said he must get 4LZ/4A (4F?) in his arsenal, otherwise they will underscore him and overscore the chosen one.

I think he himself knows much better what is going on in the system.

1 hour ago, twitwi said:

okay, i finally got some time (during working and set this as my working BGM) to watch this.

And i was shocked, what did he imply? Yuzu didn't have a easy and beautiful quads? and did he mean in some competitions he didn't deserve to win but anyway he won because this "magic"

aside from this, I thought I heard kurt said something like " we should only have french ice dance team and nathan chen's skate"

the world  is even worse than i thought...

He also mentioned that Zhou under-rotated even on his waltz jumps. That surprised me. 

3 minutes ago, freyaminnie said:

Imagine if there's another American who could quads AND white. They would drop Nathan instantly. 

I think you're exactly right about this. And if someone like Jason Brown had been doing even just a 4T and 4S for the past few seasons, Nathan never would have risen to the US #1 spot in the first place, there would be a huge PCS gap between Jason and Nathan, and the whole narrative in the American media would be about Jason being the total package and Nathan needing to work harder on his artistry.

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He also mentioned that Zhou under-rotated even on his waltz jumps. That surprised me. 

I think he said that as way to say he doesn't under-rotate and that it's his ankles creating that illusion. That's how I interpreted that statement...because it's like...impossible for someone to under-rotate a waltz jump???

49 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

Also...I predicted this before but looked like a pessimist...but using Yuzu's picture and then talking about him for 5 seconds was...kinda low?

I was just about to watch.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm to the point that I'm often annoyed when I see Yuzu get mentioned or his picture posted.  It just feels like they're using him for self promotion, especially when they don't have anything new or nice to say about him.  

7 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

I think he said that as way to say he doesn't under-rotate and that it's his ankles creating that illusion. That's how I interpreted that statement...because it's like...impossible for someone to under-rotate a waltz jump???

No. Go back and watch the Facebook Live again, in the original English. Kurt said they ( he, Lori Nichols, and Vincent)  were working together on Vincent's jumps, and every single jump Kurt asked Vincent to do, Vincent landed them all the same way, with his foot just about a quarter turn short of the full rotation. And no matter what they tried, it wouldn't go away. So on impulse,  Kurt asked Vincent to do a waltz jump, and the same borderline under-rotation was still there, even in the waltz jump which is only a half rotation to begin with. Kurt didn't say what happened after that, but he did say that he hoped that realization helped Vincent make changes and fix his jumps. Kurt didn't say what realization he meant, but I'm assuming that Vincent realized he had a fundamental problem with his jump technique right from the very basics. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No. Go back and watch the Facebook Live again, in the original English. Kurt said they ( he, Lori Nichols, and Vincent)  were working together on Vincent's jumps, and every single jump Kurt asked Vincent to do, Vincent landed them all the same way, with his foot just about a quarter turn short of the full rotation. And no matter what they tried, it wouldn't go away. So on impulse,  Kurt asked Vincent to do a waltz jump, and the same borderline under-rotation was still there, even in the waltz jump which is only a half rotation to begin with. Kurt didn't say what happened after that, but he did say that he hoped that realization helped Vincent make changes and fix his jumps. Kurt didn't say what realization he meant, but I'm assuming that Vincent realized he had a fundamental problem with his jump technique right from the very basics. 

Leave it to Browning to be one of the few who know what they're talking about.