General Yuzuru Chat

Sendai city official web site is publishing new guidebook 'Sendai Meguri' in coming June 2019. At the monument design reveal ceremony, new issues were given away to the ceremony attendees as pre-release. Digital version will be available on their official website when it's ready.

https://www.sendai-meguri.jp/

The title of the page "Photogenic Sendai" with Yuzu's smiley face is apt :img_21:

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm concerned by this wording.  you think he means he's never been able to land it cleanly?  I thought he said that he did, but only like 5% of the time or something.

Tbh it's unclear to me if he means "cleanly by ISU standard" "with quality deem worthy" or just "land it in competition"...

Maybe more translations and input from satellites who speak japanese can give us more insights:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I find the final bit interesting, it sounds to me as: he will bring Nessie to comp, that's what he's aiming to, and he hopes to be the first one to get it ratified...but regardless, he wants that jump...I suppose he knows about those wtt attempts😅  guys I'm laughing at my autocorrect changing wtt in wtf :laughing: can't say it's wrong tbh :smiley-laughing021:

I'm impressed at him being so aware of many things happening in the world - France, Taiwan...Yes those are big news reported internationally, but it feels like those news weren't just "something happening somewhere to someone else", he has linked them to his own experience and Tohoku and focused on the efforts to help and rebuild:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: 

10 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm concerned by this wording.  you think he means he's never been able to land it cleanly?  I thought he said that he did, but only like 5% of the time or something.

IIRC, he has never said that he had landed the jump cleanly, although there have been some people who said or implied that they witnessed or heard about him practicing it.

There are other articles reporting his comments with more details and I guess they might have already been translated and shared in the thread made by yuzuangel, but in Japanese, he said he wants to master the jump, not just to land it. He wants to make it one of his reliable weapons, or reliable friends like 3A, 4T, etc. Just to land it is no longer his dream, but his goal, and now to execute it beautifully in a competition for the first time in history is his dream.

ETA: @ralucutzagy has already shared one of the other articles above. Should have read this thread more carefully:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

10 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

"Aku made shitsuji desu kara."

[I'm a butler through and through, you see.]

There was a time when I really imagined Yuzu skating to the anime OST of Kuroshitsuji aka Black Butler. We're getting closer and closer... white gloves, black suit, clearing up the stage with style... Would be poetic to serve the diabolic 4A as a demon butler on the silver platter...

Spoiler

DgjfHnPXUAA6Qph?format=jpg&name=900x900

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

"Aku made shitsuji desu kara."

[I'm a butler through and through, you see.]

There was a time when I really imagined Yuzu skating to the anime OST of Kuroshitsuji aka Black Butler. We're getting closer and closer... white gloves, black suit, clearing up the stage with style... Would be poetic to serve the diabolic 4A as a demon butler on the silver platter...

Hide contents

DgjfHnPXUAA6Qph?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now, that's one I never thought of, but I could totally see it. Although if it's anime programs, Yuzu might do Tokyo Ghoul first since he's a fan. 

The CBC live stream (with PJ, Carol, and Kurt) , for anyone who's curious, mentioned Yuzu's amazing presence on the ice and how he's magical (for maybe 5 to 10 secs) but didn't really say much else.

The specific quote was in regards to how Kurt doesn't think athleticism is influencing the marks too much (LOL) because, "we have seen skaters come up who could quad, easily and beautifully, and they did not rise to the top, they were most often suppressed by someone like Yuzuru Hanyu who had a magic, who had a flair with the blade, who stood at centre ice and like... (Plushenko)... (paraphrased: could control the crowd)" etc. 

Note the use of past tense (had) which is most likely not intentional but as an English Major/Teacher it was hard for me not to say anything.

So only watch if you want to hear some 20-something minutes of discourse about Shoma's arms during landings, Vincent NOT under-rotating (because Kurt gave him some helpful tips and because this season has improved his confidence), the French Ice Dance team having very subjective scoring (although deserved), and just some general fluff about hard-working skaters. 

EDIT: That photo promo really feels like a let down now.

:notamused:

13 hours ago, LourdesMoon said:

The CBC live stream (with PJ, Carol, and Kurt) , for anyone who's curious, mentioned Yuzu's amazing presence on the ice and how he's magical (for maybe 5 to 10 secs) but didn't really say much else.

The specific quote was in regards to how Kurt doesn't think athleticism is influencing the marks too much (LOL) because, "we have seen skaters come up who could quad, easily and beautifully, and they did not rise to the top, they were most often suppressed by someone like Yuzuru Hanyu who had a magic, who had a flair with the blade, who stood at centre ice and like... (Plushenko)... (paraphrased: could control the crowd)" etc. 

Note the use of past tense (had) which is most likely not intentional but as an English Major/Teacher it was hard for me not to say anything.

So only watch if you want to hear some 20-something minutes of discourse about Shoma's arms during landings, Vincent NOT under-rotating (because Kurt gave him some helpful tips and because this season has improved his confidence), the French Ice Dance team having very subjective scoring (although deserved), and just some general fluff about hard-working skaters. 

:notamused:

Its just pretty frustrating to know how commentators who are skaters themselves incorrectly judge jumps i.e. Johnny and Tara also said that about Vincent at SA. I genuinely wonder if it is intentional. Maybe I just want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are just trying to be nice or do their job? I mean I would like to just think this is a harmless mistake but imagine how many people could buy into it when it is  being broadcasted nationally or even internationally. and to think I used to rely on the commentators back when I first started watching figure skating, this is pretty sad