General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, ruruzest said:

not sure what the golden portion is but Yuzu is The Golden Boy!

@kaeryth beat me to it, but what they're talking about is the Golden Mean, not the 'golden portion'. Basically it's considered the ideal ratio of length and/or width to height to produce an image pleasing to the eye.

9 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

There are so many new active members at PH. The forum really grew alot in terms of active members. We are nearly at 4500 members.

And then we will be at 5000 soon! 

It's so nice to keep have the fanbase growing even after the olympics. Usually the post olympic season is when newbies hop onto the fandom the most. 

Anyone know how many members PH had last year of April? 

I am one of them. I joined last year after the Olympic. I didn't know then that I would step on a very stressful road. :waffle:

After about a year, I feel like I went through a circle: start with the dry period, the expectation to see Yuzu appear from his cave, media day, new programs, new costumes, expectation to see him polish his programs. Then he got injured, disappeared. I waited for his comeback. He came back, my heart was filled with excitement and happiness to see him and his great performance, then he disappeared. Now with the dry period, a new circle has started I guess. I really admire fans who went through many seasons with him and still have hair! 

10 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

There are so many new active members at PH. The forum really grew alot in terms of active members. We are nearly at 4500 members.

And then we will be at 5000 soon! 

It's so nice to keep have the fanbase growing even after the olympics. Usually the post olympic season is when newbies hop onto the fandom the most. 

Anyone know how many members PH had last year of April? 

We had ca. 2900 members a year ago in April. Apart from the period when the Planet was born (end of April-May 2017), we had the most registrations after the Olympic Games, especially in April when we had hundreds of new satellites within a month. 

The Olympic Games brings huge attention and many people who don't follow the sport - or just watch it every four years -  watch figure skating at this time and they discover skaters as well. With Yuzu winning the gold back-to-back it was a whole different level then, because he was already extremely popular before, but his second OGM brought many new fans to the sport as well. :8232307:

Edited:

I think this side-by-side comparison of 16-year-old Yuzu and today's Nathan speaks for itself. Already at that time Yuzu's technical and artistic abilities were extraordinary.

I guess getting angry and ranting doesn't help in any way. So, I'll just try to keep calm and trust that Yuzu and his team will make the best out of this situation.

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Edited:

I think this side-by-side comparison of 16-year-old Yuzu and today's Nathan speaks for itself. Already at that time Yuzu's technical and artistic abilities were extraordinary.

I guess getting angry and ranting doesn't help in any way. So, I'll just try to keep calm and trust that Yuzu and his team will make the best out of this situation.

:consoling2::meditationf:

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Edited:

Etude is the most underrated program in the history of underrated programs :knc_brian3:

Yuzu skated this at 16.....:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: What a talent.....

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

:peekapooh:

I'm transcribing the whole first day of Continues With Wings but i'd like some help to check some words and translating the thing :slinkaway: if anyone wants to help, please PM me :D

I'm of absolutely no use but want to say how grateful I am that you took on this project.  

On 4/14/2019 at 7:15 PM, micaelis said:

Everybody, for those who believe in the power of prayer, I need all that I can get.  I'm about to head to the hospital in order to have a number of things checked into and actions taken to ameliorate them.  There are more than one issue involved so I don't know how long I'll be there.  I'll be out of touch since I have no cell phone or tablet so I'll reestablish contact once I'm back home.  Until then a grand silence from these quarters.  This forum has become very important to me and I hope there will be some years left for me to continue to be a part of it so you can take heart from a line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger -  I'll be back.

pray for your recovery 

hope you ll be back soon

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Edited:

Nathan dances while he's on skates. 

Yuzuru skates. 

I would say this is the first difference. Nathan does things with his upper body that have nothing to do with the act of skating per se, which, contrary to this, Yuzuru uses to express himself, his emotions. The performance result is completely different, even if it's hard to put it into words. One would say that the dancer is the better interpreter, but I disagree. Nathan disregards his feet and legs while he's performing his choreography, which I wouldn't go as far as to say that it corresponds to his emotions. It's not that it's an upbeat program so it cannot be emotional, I just... don't understand how he's feeling and what he's trying to say. But, for example, I understand what Yuzuru wants to convey in LGC, pretty clearly: I am the rockstar of skating, and the things I do on the ice are crazy, and y'all love it. (which is true hehehe). But Nathan's programs always leave me like: what was that skating for?? What's the meaning of it? The answer is: there is none. Because the idea of performance, the idea of interpretation, is completely different. 

Nathan is a good entertainer, I would say. Yuzuru is not an entertainer. Yuzuru becomes expression, emotion itself when he skates, like listening to a musical concert or watching a painting, because he's put so much effort, so much study, so much thought to each and every movement until it became natural for him to skate like moving art, every time with his heart on his sleeve.

These are two types of skating that just... cannot be compared. And the fact that most judges still don't aknowledge this, and don't think that it's important to highlight this difference... well... I always knew the world was full of morons, so it doesn't come as a surprise. It just makes me angry because little kids with 0 knowledge of skating would probably be able to see more than these judges. 

I would love to send Jackie Wong that tweet by the way.