General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, faeline said:

So, I going about trying to make my Yuzu timeline project (something for me to do during off season) so I'm watching a crazy amount of Yuzu interviews/shows/features... and suddenly two moments that made my heart skip a beat.

could you explain more about your project?  I think I've been working on something similar! I'm just making a list of significant moments in his life and career - records, awards, charity, etc. I'm hoping to have something for every day of the year and making a calendar out of it - though realistically, it'll just be a thread here starting in January :arrow-head-smiley-face:

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

Everybody, for those who believe in the power of prayer, I need all that I can get.  I'm about to head to the hospital in order to have a number of things checked into and actions taken to ameliorate them.  There are more than one issue involved so I don't know how long I'll be there.  I'll be out of touch since I have no cell phone or tablet so I'll reestablish contact once I'm back home.  Until then a grand silence from these quarters.  This forum has become very important to me and I hope there will be some years left for me to continue to be a part of it so you can take heart from a line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger -  I'll be back.

Take care and rest assured you got our prayer support to those who will.

See you soon.

10 hours ago, micaelis said:

What we have to remember about Yuzu is his undoubted integrity and desire that all who compete against him do as well as possible.  He wants to win by committing his clean skate after everyone else's clean skate.  What we also have to remember is that it's basically only the American media buying into the notion that Nathan Chen is now the number one skater.  Yuzu is still the skater other skaters train against, not Nathan.  True number one is not a function of victories but of the notion of 'the one to beat'.  That remains Yuzu and all the other skaters know that Nathan would not have beaten a Yuzu not skating through recent injuries.  Nathan lucked out by skating against a Yuzu who was, as at the Olympics, skating on pain-killers.  That is not a true victory, just as Shoma knows his three consecutive Japanese championships all have an asterisk, an asterisk symbolizing Yuzu wasn't there.  As for judging, I think the message should be getting around that the judges are also being judged by the figure-skating fans, not just of Yuzu but of others (except perhaps the Americans).  They want fairly-judged competitions.  Other skaters want clean judging also since only with clean judging can their own achievements have credibility.  While Nathan's skating is impressive, it would be nothing without his aerial antics and if a contest were held between Yuzu and Hanyu where no jumps are allowed Yuzu would clean up. 

In any case the season is now completed and the ice show season is just ahead.  Except for Sendai I hope Yuzu stays away from the shows this summer and works extra hard to get his injury behind him and goes into next season with a clean bill of health and a resolve to skate as safely as possible in order to still remain competitive.  I do think it imperative that he put together two programs that are intended to highlight his artistry as much as his athleticism.  He did that with Otonai but I think he didn't quite pull it off with Origin.  He needs a program with the power of RJ1 or POTO to claim the spotlight.  Those were programs with over-the-top dramatics. I think also he should return to the spirit of PW and LGC for his short.  Those two programs really highlighted the 'bad boy Yuzu' that every now and then surfaces.  But to reiterate, we need a Yuzu who spends these next few months healing completely and then competing wisely to avoid yet another injury.  Yet another abbreviated season is not what Yuzu's biography needs.  We need a clean season with clean wins everywhere his skates touch the ice.  In short, we need the Yuzu of 2009/10, Yuzu's last season on the junior level where, according to one commentator, he won 'everything in sight'.  

You will be in my prayer. Hope you come back to the planet soon:grouphug:

There are so many new active members at PH. The forum really grew alot in terms of active members. We are nearly at 4500 members.

And then we will be at 5000 soon! 

It's so nice to keep have the fanbase growing even after the olympics. Usually the post olympic season is when newbies hop onto the fandom the most. 

Anyone know how many members PH had last year of April? 

@micaelis as someone who has spent a good deal of my life in hospitals, you have my sympathy and empathy! You have all of our prayers and good wishes for recovery from and/or amelioration of your various medical issues. It is a good thing that you don't have a laptop to take to the hospital with you. The last time I was in hospital in October and November last year, I used the hospital's unsecured Wi-Fi network and was hacked!

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

could you explain more about your project?  I think I've been working on something similar! I'm just making a list of significant moments in his life and career - records, awards, charity, etc. I'm hoping to have something for every day of the year and making a calendar out of it - though realistically, it'll just be a thread here starting in January :arrow-head-smiley-face:

Oh what I intend to do is to build a wordpress page with a timeline theme and go chronologically from 1994... it should have events, links to interviews/shows/competitions, some videos/images I would host myself, some not (if the fan sub does not want re-posting), with links to credits... hopefully, I can also link up which event comes from which interview/book, etc. This can be continuously updated as and when more information comes in, so it will be a dynamic timeline. The idea is to list everything, such as first 3A, coach changes. As of now it's on my private webserver and an excel sheet as I'm combing through stuff to sort through the massive information available.