General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think Japan Open coincides too closely with ACI, right? It's at the very start of the competitive season. From Yuzu's POV, I would guess it's probably more worthwhile to do ACI and get scores that count towards the ISU standings and so on. 

I suspect if Yuzu ever did do Japan Open, he'd be doing it the same way Nobu does. i.e, not while he's still competing officially.

So the scores at JO never get validated by the ISU system? Thanks for sharing that info. 

I also think he might not do it because they don't do short programs. But JO is a lot of fun, because so many people are in the audience. Plus he can compete with Javi again if he competes at JO. 

23 hours ago, faeline said:

Good thing it was SEIMEI and not LGC, otherwise we'd all be distracted during the slowmos. Is it wrong that I'm liking LGC more and more as I watch it?

It’s ok dear. I mean who can resist? :8788161:

30 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

The tree is still small but will grow much bigger and will have more flowers bloom in the future just like the seeds that Yuzu had planted on fs ground will flourish in future skaters. Nurture and give them time to grow into what they meant to be. Hana wa saku and Hana ni nare. 

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

So the scores at JO never get validated by the ISU system? Thanks for sharing that info. 

I also think he might not do it because they don't do short programs. But JO is a lot of fun, because so many people are in the audience. Plus he can compete with Javi again if he competes at JO. 

JO is some commercial events and i prefer he dont go to that, meaningless for him. 

We must understand, he is very special and different in this area. His every performance every word is being analyzed via microscope, and others don't need to adjust their conditions for this kind of events,  if you look back at what other players did in previous JO, some of them fell into pieces, but no one will make essays on that.  But he will be criticized if he didn't show his good condition in such kind of competitions, no fun for him. He can relax in shows, even in shows his attitude is more sincere than others. 

For others, life is much easier.

1 hour ago, twitwi said:

JO is some commercial events and i prefer he dont go to that, meaningless for him. 

We must understand, he is very special and different in this area. His every performance every word is being analyzed via microscope, and others don't need to adjust their conditions for this kind of events,  if you look back at what other players did in previous JO, some of them fell into pieces, but no one will make essays on that.  But he will be criticized if he didn't show his good condition in such kind of competitions, no fun for him. He can relax in shows, even in shows his attitude is more sincere than others. 

For others, life is much easier.

True. Even Nathan had a very rough start to the season with JO. That being said, I think a B-Competition that is set place in Japan is exciting in of itself. Autumn Classics is great, if not for those glass fences that block photographers and fans view.

I love him going to ACI every year as a checkup before the GP starts. 

Next season, I am hoping for SC and NHK, because he does have more choices than Shoma to pick whichever GP he wants to compete in, and I always felt NHK was a great choice for Yuzu. 

Also in 2021, Asian Winter Games will have figure skating. Shoma has competed in the past and he got Gold. 

Any chance Yuzu might compete for this game if he stays in competition until then? Or do you think this is too small of a competition for someone as the like of Yuzu?

So, I going about trying to make my Yuzu timeline project (something for me to do during off season) so I'm watching a crazy amount of Yuzu interviews/shows/features... and suddenly two moments that made my heart skip a beat.

1) CwW - R+J 1.0, when he opened the door and looked up at Juliet - and that expression of falling in love at first sight.

2) WTT Phantom, when he said goodbye to Christine (and the program), with the expression of pain and longing, before putting back on his mask.

Did anyone else have the same kind of experience?

12 hours ago, kaeryth said:

English Sub for Worlds'19 Small Medal Ceremony

It’s wonderful how Yuzu always thanks his fans and acknowledges their support. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I believe that in the end, Yuzu’s love for skating and his integrity as well as his superior technical skills and artistry will overcome any kind of obstacles and injustice. Yuzu is greater than any fake hype or overscoring.

Yuzu, we always have your back! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

48 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I believe that in the end, Yuzu’s love for skating and his integrity as well as his superior technical skills and artistry will overcome any kind of obstacles and injustice. Yuzu is greater than any fake hype or overscoring.

What we have to remember about Yuzu is his undoubted integrity and desire that all who compete against him do as well as possible.  He wants to win by committing his clean skate after everyone else's clean skate.  What we also have to remember is that it's basically only the American media buying into the notion that Nathan Chen is now the number one skater.  Yuzu is still the skater other skaters train against, not Nathan.  True number one is not a function of victories but of the notion of 'the one to beat'.  That remains Yuzu and all the other skaters know that Nathan would not have beaten a Yuzu not skating through recent injuries.  Nathan lucked out by skating against a Yuzu who was, as at the Olympics, skating on pain-killers.  That is not a true victory, just as Shoma knows his three consecutive Japanese championships all have an asterisk, an asterisk symbolizing Yuzu wasn't there.  As for judging, I think the message should be getting around that the judges are also being judged by the figure-skating fans, not just of Yuzu but of others (except perhaps the Americans).  They want fairly-judged competitions.  Other skaters want clean judging also since only with clean judging can their own achievements have credibility.  While Nathan's skating is impressive, it would be nothing without his aerial antics and if a contest were held between Yuzu and Hanyu where no jumps are allowed Yuzu would clean up. 

In any case the season is now completed and the ice show season is just ahead.  Except for Sendai I hope Yuzu stays away from the shows this summer and works extra hard to get his injury behind him and goes into next season with a clean bill of health and a resolve to skate as safely as possible in order to still remain competitive.  I do think it imperative that he put together two programs that are intended to highlight his artistry as much as his athleticism.  He did that with Otonai but I think he didn't quite pull it off with Origin.  He needs a program with the power of RJ1 or POTO to claim the spotlight.  Those were programs with over-the-top dramatics. I think also he should return to the spirit of PW and LGC for his short.  Those two programs really highlighted the 'bad boy Yuzu' that every now and then surfaces.  But to reiterate, we need a Yuzu who spends these next few months healing completely and then competing wisely to avoid yet another injury.  Yet another abbreviated season is not what Yuzu's biography needs.  We need a clean season with clean wins everywhere his skates touch the ice.  In short, we need the Yuzu of 2009/10, Yuzu's last season on the junior level where, according to one commentator, he won 'everything in sight'.  

2 hours ago, faeline said:

So, I going about trying to make my Yuzu timeline project (something for me to do during off season) so I'm watching a crazy amount of Yuzu interviews/shows/features... and suddenly two moments that made my heart skip a beat.

1) CwW - R+J 1.0, when he opened the door and looked up at Juliet - and that expression of falling in love at first sight.

2) WTT Phantom, when he said goodbye to Christine (and the program), with the expression of pain and longing, before putting back on his mask.

For me:

1) WC 2015 Phantom after the last jump, the energy he put into that moment and in the chsq, I always tear up a bit.

2) The beginning of the chsq in OG Seimei, love that.

Plus (not a moment tho.....), I don't know why but I have a strage obsession with his 4cc 2017 LGC and H&L 😂

4 hours ago, faeline said:

The programme that will always make me skip a bit is his Ballade SP at GPF 14: it was his 'rebirth' competition after the disastrous Cup of China, and he was the first one to skate, having managed to squeeze himself into the top 6 by the smallest of margins (always beating the odds...). There is this moment where he slows down on he ice during the programme and he looks so elegant and fragile at the same time it makes my heart stutter (1:55 in the linked video). And then there's the fall, and his laugh, because he doesn't care about the fall, he's just happy to be back. I love this fall, a bit like the one in RJ1 at WC 12, because it unleashed his power and passion of the ice. God I really love this programme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KERHD3glP_k

Everybody, for those who believe in the power of prayer, I need all that I can get.  I'm about to head to the hospital in order to have a number of things checked into and actions taken to ameliorate them.  There are more than one issue involved so I don't know how long I'll be there.  I'll be out of touch since I have no cell phone or tablet so I'll reestablish contact once I'm back home.  Until then a grand silence from these quarters.  This forum has become very important to me and I hope there will be some years left for me to continue to be a part of it so you can take heart from a line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger -  I'll be back.