General Yuzuru Chat

I just can't believe we've only got to see HYK twice as a gala ex program this season. I know we've seen it plenty of times at FaOI but as a competition exhibition gala program, only twice...:sadPooh:

Maybe not so much nowadays but traditionally, when Japanese say hana (花=flower), it usually means cherry blossom. Short life of the cherry blossom flower had inspired so many authors/poets/artists to produce art pieces. When I watched HYK @WC2019, it reminded me of this short poem which was written by Fumiko Hayashi:

風も吹くなり 雲も光るなり

生きてゐる幸福は 波間の鴎のごとく漂渺とたゞよひ

生きてゐる幸福は あなたも知ってゐる 私もよく知ってゐる

花のいのちはみじかくて 苦しきことのみ多かれど

風も吹くなり 雲も光るなり

Translation:

Wind blows, cloud shines

Happiness of living a life drifts like a seagull bobbing  between the waves in the ocean

Happiness of living a life, you know it and I too know it well

Life of a flower is short and full of hardships though

Wind will blow, cloud will shine

The beauty of the cherry blossom is heightened by the shortness of its life. We see the life itself and its beauty in the flower. That's why we appreciate so much while we can.

End of WTT marks the end of fs season and I feel mixed emotions right now. Some positive and some not so positive. But all and all, it made me realise why Yuzu is so special. When he's in, the competition becomes alive. His skating creates moments and times that people will remember and cherish for years to come. It is not just a program that he performs but it becomes an experience. How many skaters can give such intense 4mins in your life? Life of a flower may be short but an image of the beautiful flower can live forever in your heart as long as you live.

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Maybe not so much nowadays but traditionally, when Japanese say hana (花=flower), it usually means cherry blossom. Short life of the cherry blossom flower had inspired so many authors/poets/artists to produce art pieces. When I watched HYK @WC2019, it reminded me of this short poem which was written by Fumiko Hayashi:

風も吹くなり 雲も光るなり

生きてゐる幸福は 波間の鴎のごとく漂渺とたゞよひ

生きてゐる幸福は あなたも知ってゐる 私もよく知ってゐる

花のいのちはみじかくて 苦しきことのみ多かれど

風も吹くなり 雲も光るなり

Translation:

Wind blows, cloud shines

Happiness of living a life drifts like a seagull bobbing  between the waves in the ocean

Happiness of living a life, you know it and I too know it well

Life of a flower is short and full of hardships though

Wind will blow, cloud will shine

The beauty of the cherry blossom is heightened by the shortness of its life. We see the life itself and its beauty in the flower. That's why we appreciate so much while we can.

End of WTT marks the end of fs season and I feel mixed emotions right now. Some positive and some not so positive. But all and all, it made me realise why Yuzu is so special. When he's in, the competition becomes alive. His skating creates moments and times that people will remember and cherish for years to come. It is not just a program that he performs but it becomes an experience. How many skaters can give such intense 4mins in your life? Life of a flower may be short but an image of the beautiful flower can live forever in your heart as long as you live.

This is such a beautiful thing to write down, I really felt* what you meant with the beauty of the flower.

Amidst all the chaos to be able to still witness Yuzu's skating is such a privilege to have :cri:

Spoiler

* I wasn't so pumped up initially for my *hanami* plan this year, but this week when I checked for the weather for the trip I finally decided that I should better go for it anyway (I only got Thursday if I want to go for it on a sunny weather, and I cannot really postpone it any further), and I am glad that I did. It really filled me with joy, looking at the cherry blossoms (the one I saw was from fruit cherry trees though, not the ornamental varieties brought all the way from Japan ).

Also now when I see cherry blossoms this year I felt like "Yuzu came to (the city I live in) as well", or when I see a baby goat "Ooooh I visit baby Yuzu!" :goat:

...I am going slightly mad :animated-smileys-disguised-062::animated-smileys-disguised-062::animated-smileys-disguised-062::animated-smileys-disguised-062:, good Lord, this drought can't be good for my mind :1::xD:

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

It is not a sporting event.  It is an event to honor Yuzu and the tickets are not sold.  I think the sellers are shameless🙄

Thats what i thought ! It’s rude and a disgrace , there are People that really want to Go to see Yuzu and there are people who got a ticket and making a profit out of it and I know that Yuzu would never approve!

Hi folks. Been away from Planet Hanyu for so long! 

:winky:

Really missed having discussions here. 
Just wondering this one question that keeps coming up on Japanese Yuzu Threads.

So about Japan Open and IMG and Yuzu. 

Some are saying Yuzu can't compete at Japan Open mostly because JO is highly affiliated with IMG and mainly Japanese skaters in the IMG Agency get first spots to compete there.

Naturally, because Yuzu is not in IMG, it will be hard for JO to invite him to compete there.

What is this logic? I don't know much about Japanese skating agencies and competitions like JO, so I am deeply confused.

Also do you guys think Yuzu will ever compete at JO in the future?

7 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Hi folks. Been away from Planet Hanyu for so long! 

:winky:

Really missed having discussions here. 
Just wondering this one question that keeps coming up on Japanese Yuzu Threads.

So about Japan Open and IMG and Yuzu. 

Some are saying Yuzu can't compete at Japan Open mostly because JO is highly affiliated with IMG and mainly Japanese skaters in the IMG Agency get first spots to compete there.

Naturally, because Yuzu is not in IMG, it will be hard for JO to invite him to compete there.

What is this logic? I don't know much about Japanese skating agencies and competitions like JO, so I am deeply confused.

Also do you guys think Yuzu will ever compete at JO in the future?

I think Japan Open coincides too closely with ACI, right? It's at the very start of the competitive season. From Yuzu's POV, I would guess it's probably more worthwhile to do ACI and get scores that count towards the ISU standings and so on. 

I suspect if Yuzu ever did do Japan Open, he'd be doing it the same way Nobu does. i.e, not while he's still competing officially.