General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, YuU said:

Sorry, just one correction for the translation: He's written'' 僕のことは'' , not ''僕のことば''. So, the translation shold be ''But don't forget me'' (僕のことは忘れないで), not ''But don't forget what I said''(僕のことば忘れないで). Yuzu is so adorable!

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm not Japanese but I'm aware of the importance of this, not simply because it is the present emperor's 30th anniversary as Emperor but also that it is his last.  On the 30th of April he will be abdicating the throne (due to age, his idea) and his son will ascend to it.  Thus this anniversary is very important and it's quite an honor for Yuzu to be invited to contribute to this volume.  I'm certain most of the messages will be thanking him for his service and wishing him well for his remaining years and each will have it's own additions.  Yuzu might thank him for any special attentions he (the emperor) may have given to the reconstruction effort and other measures of support and perhaps also to the two times he met the emperor (the emperor's garden party) after his two Olympic victories.  As with all things Yuzuru it will be well thought out and totally sincere.

17 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Another proof of the power and attraction of Yuzuru Hanyu. :dancingpooh:

I guess I must have missed something.  I didn't think Yuzu was going to do ice shows this summer in order to fully recover.  So he is going to do the shows, which means the producers must be paying top money to have him.  As always he's the unofficial headliner.  When's the last time Yuzu was not the last introduced in the opening of an ice show?  Has to be ancient history. 

5 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I guess I must have missed something.  I didn't think Yuzu was going to do ice shows this summer in order to fully recover.  So he is going to do the shows, which means the producers must be paying top money to have him.  As always he's the unofficial headliner.  When's the last time Yuzu was not the last introduced in the opening of an ice show?  Has to be ancient history. 

As far as I know, Yuzu hasn't confirmed doing the shows yet. But people are still willing to pay huge amounts of money just in the hope of seeing him...

14 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I just checked the FaOI website. He's not listed as a skater - the price has gone that high just based on the hopes that he won't be able to stay away from Sendai.

16 minutes ago, river said:

I just checked the FaOI website. He's not listed as a skater - the price has gone that high just based on the hopes that he won't be able to stay away from Sendai.

i think he'll do   Sendai(you had to tie him up his bed or something to stop him probably)even if he can't jump he can do somenthing a la Ciontu.

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you, Max. :clap:

Agreed, GOAT!! :img_21:

I'm a little bummed about what’s going on with the crazy PCS inflation for US skaters. It’s leaving an “icky” feeling I can’t shake.  It’s hard to see FS as a sport when there are no standards for judging. 

I think I’ll just wait for Yuzu to skate again in shows and then next season, otherwise I’m losing all interest in non-Yuzu competitions and FS in general. 

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you, Max. :clap:

:ohmygod: MAX SNAPPED,LMAO!

I mean it's understandable that someone with a brain and love&knowledge of the sport would snap at this point seeing not only the obscene scoring,but also all the alternative facts and the bullshit narratives and the aggressive rewriting of the history coming from NA rn plus the raging ignorance of some ~fans~ of the sport who don't even know basic rules or what PCS is and spoke of aRtiStry like we're still in 1993,yet still have the nerve and the mind-blowing confidence to continuously spout their terrible,embarrassing,offensive takes that fully expose said ignorance.Keep putting them in their place tbh!