General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Another fun fact: Yuzu, Jason and Kolyada are all 24 years old. Yuzu started his senior career in 2010, Jason in 2013 and Kolyada in 2015. Never noticed that before.

So when Kolyada started his career, Yuzu had already won one Olympic gold, one world title, world silver and bronze and two golds in the GPF. Just sayin'.

That's wild. I laugh when people say Yuzu needs to get his aged injury-ridden carcass off the ice, haul his gold medals gratefully into the retirement home already and leave the sport to the young men, and then say in the same breath, don't worry, Misha and Jason have the next quad before Beijing to improve. Jason's got his Young 'N' Fresh With A New Lease On Life narrative around him and Misha is forever The Boy Who Will Get Some Consistency Next Season And Then He'll Definitely Conquer, while Yuzu's over there being Old Man Yells At Wall.

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

That's wild. I laugh when people say Yuzu needs to get his aged injury-ridden carcass off the ice, haul his gold medals gratefully into the retirement home already and leave the sport to the young men, and then say in the same breath, don't worry, Misha and Jason have the next quad before Beijing to improve. Jason's got his Young 'N' Fresh With A New Lease On Life narrative around him and Misha is forever The Boy Who Will Get Some Consistency Next Season And Then He'll Definitely Conquer, while Yuzu's over there being Old Man Yells At Wall.

Your point is extremely well taken. I must confess, though, that it left me with an image of Yuzu as an actual old man, yelling at a wall -- and it was oddly satisfying ... This bodes extremely ill for my sanity during the extended drought to come. 

:hihi:  :embSwan:  :crazyshit:

4 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Your point is extremely well taken. I must confess, though, that it left me with an image of Yuzu as an actual old man, yelling at a wall -- and it was oddly satisfying ... This bodes extremely ill for my sanity during the extended drought to come. 

:hihi:  :embSwan:  :crazyshit:

It would look the same as a pre-practice ACI video except Yuzu would have a really long stringy white mustache and he wouldn't have headphones in.

I wish Yuzu would go for 4F! and 4A. :D There's no bad shit attached to either, the 4F will be endlessly entertaining and maybe people will chill a bit about his toes if they're all scrutinising his inside edge to see if they can find faults with it - throw them a bone - and he trained the 4A at TCC for ages without any high-impact injuries (that we know of, anyway). For my own sanity, I don't want to see the 4Lz. I have trauma. His axel technique is just so good, I'll worry much less.

Of course, this is all before we see the first one attempted in practice, I will faceplant on my laptop out of sheer terror and amazement when it happens whatever I say now about worrying less.