General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'm rewatching CiONTU with my mom right now and I totally cracked up :LOL:

Hide contents

Yuzu said for the 241754th time "arigato gozaimashita".

Mom's reaction: "What alligator is he talking about? I thought his favorite animals are cats?"

Spoiler

Hmmm, in that version of things he always speaks of alligators! 

20 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'm rewatching CiONTU with my mom right now and I totally cracked up :LOL:

Hide contents

Yuzu said for the 241754th time "arigato gozaimashita".

Mom's reaction: "What alligator is he talking about? I thought his favorite animals are cats?"

My mom during the Plushenko interaction in CiONTU “He looks like you when you look at him.” 

Mom! It’s not the same!

The PCS inflation of the last few years becomes very obvious on this graph. When Yuzu and Javi started out, they had to improve and earn their way to higher scores while younger skaters just get them handed out like free samples.

And the free GOE handouts to certain skaters obviously makes this whole biased scoring even worse... :yznotimpressed:

But I think it's so cute how Yuzu and Javi's scores move up together. What a wonderful journey they've had together... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

The PCS inflation of the last few years becomes very obvious on this graph. When Yuzu and Javi started out, they had to improve and earn their way to higher scores while younger skaters just get them handed out like free samples.

And the free GOE handouts to certain skaters obviously makes this whole biased scoring even worse... :yznotimpressed:

But I think it's so cute how Yuzu and Javi's scores move up together. What a wonderful journey they've had together... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

also interesting is the lenght of that journey,with up and downs of course but still at the top.

I'd love one day to have an interview with the two of them.

And since Im still salty after WCC, I love love to see yuzuru gold line to peak high above everyone else

27 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

It's interesting, too, that Yuzu's PCS needed 7 seasons to stabilize around 9.5. From 2013 to 2017 it looks like Yuzu had to relearn "artistry" 3 or 4 times. In early 2014 he was great, then he had a numpty phase until late 2015, where he was the greatest ever, in 2016 he was average again...but only for a short time, well. Because reasons.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

It's interesting, too, that Yuzu's PCS needed 7 seasons to stabilize around 9.5. From 2013 to 2017 it looks like Yuzu hat to relearn "artistry" 3 or 4 times. In early 2014 he was great, than he had a numpty phase until late 2015, where he was the greatest ever, in 2016 he was average again...but only for a short time, well. Because reasons.

:deadinside: no comment, by the way Jason, Misha and Shoma all started lower than Nathan....I'm......how? Why? :knc_tracy1:

12 minutes ago, Marte said:

:deadinside: no comment, by the way Jason, Misha and Shoma all started lower than Nathan....I'm......how? Why? :knc_tracy1:

Another fun fact: Yuzu, Jason and Kolyada are all 24 years old. Yuzu started his senior career in 2010, Jason in 2013 and Kolyada in 2015. Never noticed that before.

So when Kolyada started his career, Yuzu had already won one Olympic gold, one world title, world silver and bronze and two golds in the GPF. Just sayin'.

5 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Another fun fact: Yuzu, Jason and Kolyada are all 24 years old. Yuzu started his senior career in 2010, Jason in 2013 and Kolyada in 2015. Never noticed that before.

So when Kolyada started his career, Yuzu had already won one Olympic gold, one world title, world silver and bronze and two golds in the GPF. Just sayin'.

and then there is Patrick who is the only one with no correlation between *number of quad / PCS* or *clean program / PCS* :headdesk:at least it is justified by the reality of his SS:smiley-laughing021:

On 4/8/2019 at 10:32 PM, Henni147 said:

I had a dream today and when I woke up at 06:18, I had to go to my desk and draw immediately so that I didn't forget a single detail. It was totally weird and captivating at the same time:

Hide contents

KITzVnA.jpg

Yuzu was skating. I don't know, if it was a competition or not, but he jumped quite a lot, so it was probably a freeskate.

At first glance his costume looked like some crazy body painting or tatoo, but it was a very thin, skin colored shirt with printed pictures and texts.

On his left arm there were tables, jump layouts, figures, a trajectory of a jump and other technical stuff. His right arm showed a timeline of his competitive career with three Olympic rings, various major titles, records and other notes.

I was a bit irritated by the clock, until I figured out the meaning of 20:22:03 ---> Third Olympics in 2022. The funny thing is: when you turn the pic 90° clockwise, the watch hands build a "Y" (for Yuzuru?)

Below the clock and the wings there are multiple newspaper articles, quotes and autographs from skaters, who inspired or supported Yuzu during his career. I couldn't draw all of them in detail, but it looked simply amazing.

The music was a medley of "Crystalline" and "Timeless". When I watched it, it made me feel that Yuzu wanted to make himself crystalline from outside and inside. Make his feelings accessible and understandable for everyone like an open book. And his skating is truly timeless, aye? It recreates the sport's history and inspires young talents in the future.

I honestly have no idea, where this image came from, but I had to save it on a piece of paper and share it here as quickly as possible. It's sad that I couldn't reproduce it 1:1, but I hope it's good enough to create a rough idea :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

This is amazing.

Even only by reading your description and seeing the drawing, I could get an impression of what the dream must have been like, so thank you so much for sharing.   :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: :7938863: 

And the music too! Everything fits so well.

Maybe something like this would feel pretentious for anyone else, but Yuzuru is already a legend and this would be so epic. For once I hope Yuzuru is reading this forum and takes inspiration from your beautiful dream :yes: