General Yuzuru Chat

4 часа назад, Hydroblade сказал:

Welcome:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

You came just in time to begin worrying about the program announcements, the ice shows, the Sendai monument and media day <3

Oh, thanks! There's no way we can stop worrying about him even for a second, right? :xD:

3 часа назад, Geo1 сказал:

Your English is great! Please post more often!

Thank you! I'll try my best! 

36 минут назад, VyVy99 сказал:

This looks mesmerizing! It kinda reminds me of Prison Break theme, very stoic and mysterious. You’re very talented! :softYuzu:

:10742289: I never thought the blabering I wrote here can motivate anyone, but many folks in the planet sure are talented and inspiring. Pls join us more often in the daily struggle of missing and loving him <3 

The happiness he brings in return is worth all of this struggle, indeed. Thank you! :59227c768286a__s:

7 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

Henni this is so beautiful, the drawing and the dream.

I hope this comes true, I was actually thinking can Yuzu pull of a six quad free program in Beijing 2022 if he heals at most 90%?

4A,4Lz,4F, 4Lo, 4T-3A and 4S? How much points will this have?

And for his short is this allowed? 4A, 4T-3A,3A?

Will he go to be the first man to achieve 350 or 400?

Please right ankle heal fast and make henni's dream come true.

Sequences are not allowed in the SP plus the Axel jump (here 3A) cannot be repeated as a solo or combo jump. So the 4T+3A seq would be double-invalid. What he can do (and it's not unlikely imo): 4A, 3A, 4T+3T (+10%)

In the free... Beat me, but if he ever manages to do 4A, 4Lz AND 4F in the same program, he will say goodbye to 4Lo. That's my guess, since Yuzu said himself that the 4Lo depends too much on the ice conditions and is the least reliable quad (so it's not worth the low BV). [And it messes up the quality of his 4S...]

You could argue: "But what if Nathan lands 6 quads and outscores him on GOE and PCS?"

1. Nathan will have to deal with the 4Lo/4S rivalry and wonky conditions, too. So the chance that he skates clean with 6 quads is not very high. (Kudos to him, if he can, but I don't think it's very likely).

2. If Yuzu is able to do the 4A in both short and free, he will have the GOE advantage: The max. GOE for the 4A is 6.25. Even with average +3s he can score nearly 4 GOE. Add a 4Lz or 4F with 4 GOE and everyone can go home.

However. Yuzu's health has top priority at the moment and it's uncertain, if his ankle is able to bear so many quads... Let's say he jumps 10 quads per day and we have 200 practice days per season (is that realistic?) That would mean 6000 quads until Beijing... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

EDIT: I think the 350 point barrier is somewhere on the radar (SP 115 + FS 235). Incredibly hard, but not impossible. 400 points are impossible without multiple quintuples and I don't believe that we will see anyone surpassing it during the next cycles.

5 минут назад, Henni147 сказал:

Sequences are not allowed in the SP plus the Axel jump (here 3A) cannot be repeated as a solo or combo jump. So the 4T+3A seq would be double-invalid. What he can do (and it's not unlikely imo): 4A, 3A, 4T+3T (+10%)

In the free... Beat me, but if he ever manages to do 4A, 4Lz AND 4F in the same program, he will say goodbye to 4Lo. That's my guess, since Yuzu said himself that the 4Lo depends too much on the ice conditions and is the least reliable quad (so it's not worth the low BV).

You could argue: "But what if Nathan lands 6 quads and outscores him on GOE and PCS?"

1. Nathan will have to deal with the 4Lo/4S rivalry and wonky conditions, too. So the chance that he skates clean with 6 quads is not very high. (Kudos to him, if he can, but I don't think it's very likely).

2. If Yuzu is able to do the 4A in both short and free, he will have the GOE advantage: The max. GOE for the 4A is 6.25. Even with average +3s he can score nearly 4 GOE. Add a 4Lz or 4F with 4 GOE and everyone can go home.

However. Yuzu's health has top priority at the moment and it's uncertain, if his ankle can bear so many quads... Let's say he jumps 10 quads per day and we have 200 practice days per season (is that realistic?) That would mean 6000 quads until Beijing...

Everybody is saying 6 quads, but don't the new rules say 4 different quads max in FS plus one can be repeated in combo so 5 in total? Or am I mistaken?

5 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

Everybody is saying 6 quads, but don't the new rules say 4 different quads max in FS plus one can be repeated in combo so 5 in total? Or am I mistaken?

An overall quad restriction in the free was discussed but not adopted, if I'm not mistaken. If you can jump all six types and repeat one in combo, 7 quads in total are still possible. Plus two in the short make 9 quads in one competition.

24 минуты назад, Henni147 сказал:

An overall quad restriction in the free was discussed but not adopted, if I'm not mistaken. If you can jump all six types and repeat one in combo, 7 quads in total are still possible. Plus two in the short make 9 quads in one competition.

Oh, I see. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

7 quads in a 4 minute FS? That would mean jumping a quad every 30 seconds...there'd be no time left to do things like combination spins and step sequences. Maybe if the skater was capable of tossing off a quad-quad combo literally right out of the gate at the start of the program, they could get the rest in, but the odds are really low. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

7 quads in a 4 minute FS? That would mean jumping a quad every 30 seconds...there'd be no time left to do things like combination spins and step sequences. Maybe if the skater was capable of tossing off a quad-quad combo literally right out of the gate at the start of the program, they could get the rest in, but the odds are really low. 

Yes. That's why I would calculate with 5 quads in 4:00 minutes. Even 6 are veeery ambitious with spins and steps and transitions inbetween. I don't expect any skater to attempt 7 quads in the free.

EDIT: in Yuzu's case 5 quads and 2 triple Axels should be really tough to beat. Just imagine a system-friendly content like this:

Spoiler

4A

4Lz

4F

4S

X 4T+3T

X 3A+3T

X 3A+1Eu+3S

BV: 104.17 (spins and sequences included)

Max. GOE: 44.65

Max. TES: 148.47

I say system-friendly, because:

• At the moment jumps with the biggest benefit/output are solo jumps with high base value. They receive full GOE award and the judges tend to give +4 and +5 more often for solo jumps than combos.
  • In combinations only the jump with the highest BV is credited with GOE, the rest can go home. So it makes sense to pair jumps with high and low BV in combos and put them into the second half to max out the reward.
  • Sequences are punished twice: -20% BV and GOE credit for only one jump. So the 3A is an absolute loser in this sort of sequence judging. [In his FS in Saitama his solo 4T received 13.30 points, the sequence earned 18.52, so poor baby 3A got away with a bit more than 5 points. That equals a solo 3A with both hands down.]

The FS layout above combined with the following SP layout could have multiple advantages for Yuzu:

Spoiler

4A (4S)

3A

X 4T+3T

1. The arsenal of jumps that he has to practice, is not too big (4S/A and 4T+3T would appear in both SP+FS):

New: 4A, 4Lz, 4F (step by step, one per season or sth)

Familiar: 4S, 3A, 4T+3T, 3A+3T, 3A+1Eu+3S

2. His success rate and scoring on the familiar jumps is very good. With 4Lo in exile his 4S should be fine, too.

3. As mentioned above the layouts would be ideal in terms of maximum output. He would waste as few points as possible.

5 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yes. That's why I would calculate with 5 quads in 4:00 minutes. Even 6 are veeery ambitious with spins and steps and transitions inbetween. I don't expect any skater to attempt 7 quads in the free.

Ah, I see. When you said this:

"If you can jump all six types and repeat one in combo, 7 quads in total are still possible. Plus two in the short make 9 quads in one competition."

I misunderstood that to mean thst you thought it might happen, not that it was possible but unlikely

On 4/8/2019 at 12:38 AM, LadyLou said:

what a meanigful way to end the Kose blog:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'll miss the little updates, but well, we know our favourite ninja is in his cave working hard (and hopefully doing many things he likes, like skating, listening to music and playing video games and who knwos, watching cute cats vids:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:)

we know it is

I wonder if ISU will adjust BV again in the future or if we must be resigned that BV will stay as they are (for sequences too) till the next big rules ovehaul...hope dies last, they say:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

what I took  from Kaerb's translation was roughly the same, as in:

1) the claim that someone was asking to badmouth Yuzu AND prop 3 other skaters couldn't be verified (hence it's possible the original claim wasn't to be taken at face value, and the reason of such a claim woud then be open to any kind of speculation)

2) on Crowdworks, most requests for content about Yuzuru "merely" wanted something written about him, likely to get views (at this point mentioning him on media is quite a good bet to get clicks)*. It's entirely possible J-cast is doing exactly the same now - trying to get those views thanks to fans reacting to the article (and with that content, fans's strong reaction was predictable)

(*I guess it's also more likely to get clicks when posting positive things rather than negative stuff. afaik, sometimes fans have tried to "boycot" trash articles, so maybe "any press is good press" isn't always true...)

Well, I'd be a bit skeptical about Yuzu fans paying for positive content about Yuzuru (he doesn't really need it and thousands of people are doing that for free anyway, everyday, everywhere), and tbh, I don't think he needs to be painted as a victim though deception, there are already so many things in his life that make people "take his side"...tho I don't claim to know the minds of the most extreme fans, one can't deny extreme fans do exist in every fandom. On the other side, I find believable that people would want to have Yuzu content posted on their own websites, not on twitter or other platforms where they can't monetize on the views...

(as for antis jumping in to claim evil fanyus are the masterminds behind everything, well, I'm not surprised and tbh only a very naive evil mastermind wouldn't have forseen it. Making a claim that can't be supported with some kind of evidence is 100% sure to backfire badly)

also, @kaerb

Hide contents

what is the name of the company exactly, Crowdworks or Cloudworks? I'm confused also because of the legal name of the first company :14066882: googletranslating the sites, I think it's the first, like in MoriaPolonius's post

Oh oops, belated clarification. It must be Crowdworks if that's the registered name. I'm not technically wrong I think because クラウド  is also romanised as 'Cloud' (eg. Cloud Strife's name) but I should have checked. My apologies! 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Isnt 3A compulsory? So, its 6 quads + 3A. Thats why people keep saying Nathan can go for 6 quads in free prog. 

Jumping 4A + 6 other quads seems too much for any skater to achieve.

1 hour ago, eagle said:

Isnt 3A compulsory? So, its 6 quads + 3A. Thats why people keep saying Nathan can go for 6 quads in free prog. 

Jumping 4A + 6 other quads seems too much for any skater to achieve.

This is just theoretical:

ISU allows you to jump two different quads plus one 3A in the short and seven quads plus two 3As in the free (nine quads plus three 3A in total).

The layout with the highest possible BV under current rules (without quints) is:

SP: 4A, 3A // 4Lz+3Lz (with change of rotation direction), CCoSp4, FLSp4, CCSp4, StSq4   BV: 53.44

FS (edited): 4T, 3A, 3Lz, 3F // 4A+4Lo, 4iA+4S, 3iA+4F+4Lz (with change of rotation direction)

(i = inside edge landing), FCCoSp4, CCoSP4, FCSp4, StSq4, ChSq1   BV: 129.07

Never say never, but I say that this will never happen :xD:

People say that Nathan could land six quads plus one 3A in the FS:

4Lz, 4F, 4Lo, 4S, 4T (2×), 3A

I have my doubts that he can, but we will see.