General Yuzuru Chat

40 minutes ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

For jump combos, is the combination BV just the sum of the BV of the elements? Or is it different?

It's the sum of the BV. 

Here's a link to the worksheets I use for a short cut - most of the credit goes to Shanshani.  I just modified them for my needs.  

"Reverse GOE" is used to find the raw GOE marks of the judges.  I also use it to figure out scores if a skater didn't make mistakes. Enter the factored GOE into the light pink GOEP box and it will calculate the raw GOE into the light blue GOE box.

"Layout" is the original protocol that Shanshani made. I pretty much use it to see bv and the effects of the different GOE scores.

"Scorecard" is what I use when I want to rescore events.  The green boxes represent each bullet.  The red is the total number of reductions.  Sometimes you have to hand change the final GOE because the math doesn't end right.

This is view only so you'll need to save it to your Drive before you can use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AgOJKPfj4YBcymwA8yx-wjo-9-RXFYFDkMMID_IuVFI/edit?usp=sharing

21 minutes ago, Fay said:

They are going to sell record amount of stuff, right? 

absolutely!

It's very interesting the amount of power he has regards to this...I cannot think of another athelete rapresenting a  definitely less popular sport that could do the same.

I mean here Ronaldo pops up everywhere but it's football we're talking about.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:07 AM, ralucutzagy said:

Who is the blond lady? They are all vvv impresed abt Fanyus and abt Yuzu's rockstar statute.

Sorry to try to give very late an answer to the question "Who is the blond lady in this video with Jackie of rocker skating.?"

She is Andrea Joyce a sports reporter for NBC Sports Television. She works on figure skating competitions, so she is quite familiar with skating stars as is Yuzuru. She seems to admire Yuzuru very much, not only as a champion, but as a legend who has many fans around the world. Not only he is dominating his sport for many years, like Fererer or Serena in tennis, but nobody is the subject of love and obsession for him like Yuzuru.

Jackie said Yuzuru is a rock star.

1 hour ago, faeline said:

Based on my shitty Japanese, it says if you spend more than 5,000 YEN on Sekkisei products, you can join a draw for the following Yuzu handsigned items:

- Signed Figure Skates (5 winners)

- Signed Original T-Shirts (500 winners)

- Signed Original Mugs (500 winners)

- Signed Clear Files (2,500 winners)

I can see him signing perhaps those five big winners but I can't imagine Yuzu, as determined as he is to be genuine, signing an additional thirty-five hundred items.  The signatures, however, might be the contest authorities' means of saying this is a Yuzu-approved operation.

16 часов назад, Henni147 сказал:

I'm so sorry... :8788161:

Скрыть контент

Fast forward to CiONTU 2022. Final day:

Lights turn off. Spotlights on. Yuzuru Hanyu enters the stage in a stunning black and red Flamenco dress, plucking the tips of long black shimmering gloves and holding a frilled fan with red flower patterns in his hand. Closed.

"Yaaah... You know that I used nearly all warhorses I can think of during my competitive career. Swanlake. Romeo and Juliet. Twice [laughs]. Phantom of the Opera. Does Otonal count, too? Oh, that's really a lot [laughs]! However, there's one particular program that I just never dared to pick yet. It's long overdue, right?"

The lights turn dimmed red. He opens the fan with a delicate hand movement and puts on an irresistible smile.

Carmen music starts to play. Followed by the slowest, deepest and sassiest forward crossrolls in the history of figure skating.

No jumps. No spins.

After 5:00 minutes the crowd escalates and needs extra tissues from staff members to wipe away all the sweat and nosebleed. Nobu collapsing in the commentary box. Max Ambesis' latest Twitter update:

| "Now THAT'S how you skate to Carmen! Welcome back to Planet Hanyu! Population: one. Him! Just look at THIS!!!"

| The shared video has been deleted due to copyright issues.

Inman: What passion?

This! :68468287: :1497158260_5GOE:

10 minutes ago, faeline said:

Anyone knows about this happening? What is wrong with people?

I don't get it. Anti fans doing this I could see, but big companies? Why would they? It makes no sense. Most big companies have better things to do with their time.

Clicked through to the original article and if Google Translate is correct, what it actually says is the jobs recruiting people to write such things on social media have been posted multiple times on a crowdsourcing job site ( sounds like a Japanese version of TaskRabbit) but that the recruiting company could not be identified. It also says that there are jobs looking for people to write any kind of fan opinion about all kinds of celebrities posted by 'publishing' companies. 

So not as bad as first appeared but disturbing all the same

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't get it. Anti fans doing this I could see, but big companies? Why would they? It makes no sense. Most big companies have better things to do with their time.

I'm as confused as you are.

Meanwhile, facing withdrawal already, sipping Yuzu tea. :headdesk:Someone save me!!!

22 hours ago, faeline said:

Anyone knows about this happening? What is wrong with people?

@kaerb made a translation

It looks like some just want to "exploit" any kind of visibility Yuzuru brings. Even trash articles will result in visibility, which is why sometimes it's better not to give them views (especially if we know other people already replied to correct misinformations and such)

Spoiler

btw this is what I do with TSL or some other particularly annoying english content, if sources I trust have already shared a summary...

of course ideally it would always be better, when possible, to form your own opinion after watching/reading first-hand, but sometimes one has to find some balance between the quality of the info and not giving clickbaiters satisfaction:/

It also looks like some might also want to smear Yuzuru's reputation, be it to make Yuzuru's name less "appealing" on the market and to media to make room for other stars (not necessarily skaters, though) or just because they have some very sick hatred against him.

It's very sad and very ugly:sad4:

Good to know ANA has been made aware of that, maybe they'll be able to do something about that, or at least monitor (and also warn Yuzuru, tho it's likely he already knows some people just can't stand that he exists)

Unrelated:

:sigh:

I'll miss it. I know it was only a few sentences or 25s of audio, without any real new info, but still...Yuzu back to full-ninja and the real Drought will start :smiley-sad030:

I guess we'll need to start the countdown to when we can expect to see him next...

edited to embed twitter links