General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Cripes. We actually do have good bands and good singers, you know. They just never seem to get popular outside of Canada.

Anyway, on a more serious note, Diana Krall would probably fit the bill. Jazz piano, everyone's favorite. Google her "Cry Me A River" and you'll see. 

I love that song but I have an attachment to the Julie London and Mari Wilson versions - the former my mothers favourite, the latter in my own youth.

8 hours ago, Marte said:

Ah :rofl2:......to me it looks like a flamenco dress, something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

PRIMAVERA.jpg

I'm so sorry... :8788161:

Spoiler

Fast forward to CiONTU 2022. Final day:

Lights turn off. Spotlights on. Yuzuru Hanyu enters the stage in a stunning black and red Flamenco dress, plucking the tips of long black shimmering gloves and holding a frilled fan with red flower patterns in his hand. Closed.

"Yaaah... You know that I used nearly all warhorses I can think of during my competitive career. Swanlake. Romeo and Juliet. Twice [laughs]. Phantom of the Opera. Does Otonal count, too? Oh, that's really a lot [laughs]! However, there's one particular program that I just never dared to pick yet. It's long overdue, right?"

The lights turn dimmed red. He opens the fan with a delicate hand movement and puts on an irresistible smile.

Carmen music starts to play. Followed by the slowest, deepest and sassiest forward crossrolls in the history of figure skating.

No jumps. No spins.

After 5:00 minutes the crowd escalates and needs extra tissues from staff members to wipe away all the sweat and nosebleed. Nobu collapsing in the commentary box. Max Ambesis' latest Twitter update:

| "Now THAT'S how you skate to Carmen! Welcome back to Planet Hanyu! Population: one. Him! Just look at THIS!!!"

| The shared video has been deleted due to copyright issues.

Inman: What passion?

2 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

Based on Yuzu's comments here it definitely seems like we're getting new programs next season, or at the very least a new free. 

I think he can comfortably retire Otoñal. Origin, in case he keeps it, might get a major overhaul (eg. more optimized scorewise, different ChSq and StSq, etc.).

I don't really have strong preference either way (ie. Yuzu keeping his current FS or creating completely new one), I'd be most glad if he has a program he can perform with full satisfaction. As simple as that 

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'm so sorry... :8788161:

Hide contents

Fast forward to CiONTU 2022. Final day:

Lights turn off. Spotlights on. Yuzuru Hanyu enters the stage in a stunning black and red Flamenco dress, plucking the tips of long black shimmering gloves and holding a frilled fan with red flower patterns in his hand. Closed.

"Yaaah... You know that I used nearly all warhorses I can think of during my competitive career. Swanlake. Romeo and Juliet. Twice [laughs]. Phantom of the Opera. Does Otonal count, too? Oh, that's really a lot [laughs]! However, there's one particular program that I just never dared to pick yet. It's long overdue, right?"

The lights turn dimmed red. He opens the fan with a delicate hand movement and puts on an irresistible smile.

Carmen music starts to play. Followed by the slowest, deepest and sassiest forward crossrolls in the history of figure skating.

No jumps. No spins.

After 5:00 minutes the crowd escalates and needs extra tissues from staff members to wipe away all the sweat and nosebleed. Nobu collapsing in the commentary box. Max Ambesis' latest Twitter update:

| "Now THAT'S how you skate to Carmen! Welcome back to Planet Hanyu! Population: one. Him! Just look at THIS!!!"

| The shared video has been deleted due to copyright issues.

Inman: What passion?

:dontdothistome::LOL::dpooh:

I'm a little late to the party, but my pet theory is that Yuzuru is using his Kose blog to help his international fans learn Japanese.  He probably knows a lot of people are learning Japanese in part because of him, so the blog entries are short and simple (and includes audio!).  The topics also remind me of something you'd see on a language learning website.  :laughing:   

37 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

I'm a little late to the party, but my pet theory is that Yuzuru is using his Kose blog to help his international fans learn Japanese.  He probably knows a lot of people are learning Japanese in part because of him, so the blog entries are short and simple (and includes audio!).  The topics also remind me of something you'd see on a language learning website.  :laughing:   

I think you're onto something there.  When you're just starting out with Japanese, being able to recognize basic sentences like "みなさん、こんにちは。羽生結弦です" is really fun. If he ever released a Learn Japanese With Yuzu series I think he'd have a lot of takers :gla: 

Kose Blog Update! https://ameblo.jp/kose-sports/entry-12443585070.html

Google translate:

Title: Favourite Music!

Hello. It is Hanyu Yuzuru.  

Do you have any music that you like?

When I feel a little depressed or want to give a feeling, listening to music sometimes means that I'm uplifting reflexively.  

I often listen to fast-paced songs and lyrics that can be empathic before the game.

A switch to have fun and focus on getting into music. The power of music is really great.  

Please tell me the songs that everyone is doing well! Have a nice day for you today!

12 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I think one of the problems with the Fanyu reaction is that they're coming off as emotional with very little explaining why they think the scoring was bad. It's easy to write such reactions off as just crazy fans being sore losers. I'm thinking of replying with a series of tweets explaining all the ways the judging GOE's were wrong to show that there is legitimate logic behind the statements but doesn't seem worth it if they don't read the comments.  Even if they do, likely that it still isn't worth it but at least I can feel like I did something.  I wish I could post that video someone here made showing the difference in transitions between the two but the ISU will probably just get it taken down.  

This is not entirely true, there are plenty of Yuzuru fans who point out rules and do comparative gifsets with annotations of steps and stuff like that. What's happening now seems to be that if anybody says anything about following actual rules and treating figure skating as a sport for scoring instead of judging by feelings, they're automatically labelled a Fanyu and then mocked with some sassy one-liner that's been recycled so many times that it's just boring now. Even Max Ambesi has been derided as a Fanyu doing Fanyu-things. It's as if being a fan of Yuzu is in itself a disqualifying feature now. You could try, of course, but you can be as calm and rational as possible and get the same response. 

This is my summary of Yuzuru's new interview, the last sentence can be translated differently by each translator so here is mine. Thank you for the quick updates everyone!

"GOE difference between his 4T and Nathan's 4Lz was big which came from this season the new rule was applied. But when he thinks about the risk in doing and failing in difficult things, he needs to care about the balance. It was not easy for all skaters to make the programs after GOE rule changed because it was unknown territory for all of them. This season made him consider how to do the things called transition such as steps, turns, one-foot skating in the programs of the next season. He doesn't jump on the same spot on the ice during the programs. Looking at both SP and FS, he jumps in the different places with different routes, changing the tone of the music, and adjusting the timing, etc. He does these details and that is his pride and his style, and if he doesn't care about that anymore, he will be losing his identity (of his skating). It made it clear this season that he has to make programs including his good points and to be able to deal with the evaluation by the judges at the same time."

Yuzuru Hanyu is full of sportsmanship, which makes him so great and special :bow:

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

This is not entirely true, there are plenty of Yuzuru fans who point out rules and do comparative gifsets with annotations of steps and stuff like that. What's happening now seems to be that if anybody says anything about following actual rules and treating figure skating as a sport for scoring instead of judging by feelings, they're automatically labelled a Fanyu and then mocked with some sassy one-liner that's been recycled so many times that it's just boring now. Even Max Ambesi has been derided as a Fanyu doing Fanyu-things. It's as if being a fan of Yuzu is in itself a disqualifying feature now. You could try, of course, but you can be as calm and rational as possible and get the same response. 

They dare not do that with Plushenko or TAT though. Both are strong personalities, if anybody messes with them esp TAT, I'll get popcorns ready.