General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Veveco said:

But... but... but... my offer of Céline Dion was already turned down. What other Canadian-mainstream-accessible-to-western-audience-and-#notflat music can we pick from?  Justin Bieber? (OK, I'll stop being a troll now. Even I couldn't live with that...)

Let’s stop with Hallelujah. Leonard Cohen was a Canadian too. 

2 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Or Cambridge 😛

He looks great in pale blue. I hadn’t realised before but now I need someone to photoshop his head onto the (hopefully winning) Cambridge cox for the boat race.

Please why all these terrible music suggestions? Are you trying to test the fandom to destruction?

Just now, Sombreuil said:

He looks great in pale blue.

Please why all these terrible music suggestions? Are you trying to test the fandom to destruction?

to satisfy ISU judges' uncultured western-centric tacky tastes.They truly seem to favor the programs with music that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

How about that disturbing US flag costume + skating on a Michael Buble music + registering to a Russian university? :mischief:  (Sorry UK, you're not influential enough to get Zuzu) Do we have all bases covered that way?

I think Yuzuru has enough fans from among the Russian side - TAT, Plushenko, Yagudin. Their own top Russian men skater, Kolyada dont get even 20% of praises that Yuzuru gets from these 3.

10 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

to satisfy ISU judges' uncultured western-centric tacky tastes.They truly seem to favor the programs with music that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Ah - so Vera Wang wetsuit costume and generic American college student rock or Canadian costume (you all know what I mean ) and one of the usual suspects?  I think he doesn’t want to win at that cost. 

3 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Ah - so Vera Wang wetsuit costume and generic American college student rock or Canadian costume (you all know what I mean ) and one of the usual suspects?  I think he doesn’t want to win at that cost. 

Hope so. I want my Sakura kept intact. 

27 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I'm sorry but this was so sweet, had to share.

It’s fabulous - same delight as in that Y spiral that is my new screensaver :loveshower:

35 minutes ago, eagle said:

I think Yuzuru has enough fans from among the Russian side - TAT, Plushenko, Yagudin. Their own top Russian men skater, Kolyada dont get even 20% of praises that Yuzuru gets from these 3.

But as we've seen from the Chinese judge at WC, popular support doesn't necessarily reflect on scoring. Can't take any risk. 

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

But... but... but... my offer of Céline Dion was already turned down. What other Canadian-mainstream-accessible-to-western-audience-and-#notflat music can we pick from?  Justin Bieber? (OK, I'll stop being a troll now. Even I couldn't live with that...)

Naaaah let's go with the OG Canadian pop idol, Paul Anka! 😛

...truth to be told, I don't think I'd mind that much Yuzu skating to Paul Anka's song, since he was good friends with Buddy Holly, who had a band named the CRICKETS (see the link people??), which would end up being a roundabout homage from one Cricket (from TCC) to another Cricket (from the band) in my conspiratorial mind! 😏😺😹

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Cripes. We actually do have good bands and good singers, you know. They just never seem to get popular outside of Canada.

Anyway, on a more serious note, Diana Krall would probably fit the bill. Jazz piano, everyone's favorite. Google her "Cry Me A River" and you'll see. 

2 hours ago, eagle said:

Man, every time I think I'm done feeling sorry for Kolyada...poor guy. 

2 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

Based on Yuzu's comments here it definitely seems like we're getting new programs next season, or at the very least a new free. 

Even if he uses the same music, it'll be completely different layout, I agree.