General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Oh right and this..I find this rule ridiculous. Why cant a skater do a 4a and then 3a or 2a? Im actually confused. and yes, another reason. If you are not in the final group...your pcs somehow drops.

It can be done as the solo jump, the rule only says that the 3A may not be repeated. It can also be done in combination (again, rule says Axel jump may not be repeated). 

32 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Oh right and this..I find this rule ridiculous. Why cant a skater do a 4a and then 3a or 2a? Im actually confused. and yes, another reason. If you are not in the final group...your pcs somehow drops.

A 4A in the SP wouldn't be realistic. If someone goes for a new and difficult jump first they always try it in the free program. But because no one ever tried a 4A (well except Dmitriev...) a rule like that in the SP is just not necessary now. Maybe in many years when more guys start jumping the 4A they'll change the rule but it won't be any time soon. 

5 minutes ago, guitarist said:

It can be done as the solo jump, the rule only says that the 3A may not be repeated. It can also be done in combination (again, rule says Axel jump may not be repeated). 

So you mean people can do 4axel instead of 2a or 3a to fulfill the axel element requirement?

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

So fast! lol

lovely i'm always impressed by the talent of fanyus😊

18 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

A 4A in the SP wouldn't be realistic. If someone goes for a new and difficult jump first they always try it in the free program. But because no one ever tried a 4A (well except Dmitriev...) a rule like that in the SP is just not necessary now. Maybe in many years when more guys start jumping the 4A they'll change the rule but it won't be any time soon. 

Can you imagine it? it'd be scary but glorious as well:omg:

44 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't believe 4A is allowed in the SP, only 3A or 2A. But yeah, getting buried in the SP is much worse, because it affects your starting order and thus your PCS for the free among other psychological reasons. They do say "You can't win the competition in the SP, but you can lose it."

I think 4A is allowed so long as it's in combination and you still do the solo 3A or 2A, but that would still be crazy. That's how Mao Asada used to include her 3A in the SP before it was allowed as the solo axel jump in the SP, she would do the solo 2A then a 3A2T combo and another solo triple.

50 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

I don't believe 4A is allowed in the SP, only 3A or 2A. But yeah, getting buried in the SP is much worse, because it affects your starting order and thus your PCS for the free among other psychological reasons. They do say "You can't win the competition in the SP, but you can lose it."

They say so, yet Yuzu won a few competitions with the SP. The Sochi Olympics for example, or GPF 2016 (which just serves to prove that he is not like others :img_21:)

38 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, that's what I meant. It'd be allowed in a combination but no one would do that lol

I thought you can do 4A as a solo quad? (ie. 4A 3A 3X^3T — ^any other type of jump other than Axel...just for the sake of variation, but actually one can put 2A3T if one wants...😏) ...just not as the required Axel type jump ....yet 😏

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

No one, it'd be too risky :) 

and there we were, few months ago... thinking, Yuzu would never do 4Lz again. Now he wants to jump ALL the quads. I would rather be prepared for anything. :68468287: