General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

I love Semei, but I also know I enjoyed it a lot more after seeing the movies and hearing the music in context, but how many Westerners would have seen those movies, especially before Yuzu skated to the music?

Like would you know Javi was doing a drunken pirate if not for the popularity of the POTC movies? Or would you think he was just being sloppy? Chaplin - another well known crowd friendly character that the casual viewing public can grab hold of.

So while Yuzu may be more unique and innovative, Javi can be easier for the audience to grasp. And judges are after all members of the audience.

(on a side note, I've now been converted to a huge fan of Nomura Mansai and Ito Hideaki. Thank you, Yuzu):tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

Exactly! my favorite Javi programs are Chaplin, Man of La Mancha and Malaguena, he was wonderful at the olympics (Javi where are you????where are the good old times???? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: Come baaaack :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:). 

Seimei is a program out of this world, I love the changes of pace in the music, for me it was love at first sight (I was like OMG so beautiful :knc_tracy1: ) but I didn't see the movie, now I'm curious:1:

13 hours ago, faeline said:

I guess, Yuzu should skate to the MOST AMERICAN THING EVER... The Star-Spangled Banner.

I recommend the Whitney Houston version :)

How about adressing the judges, S. Hamilton, TSL and every other annoying species with a black eyed 'piece'? :sipping:

Spoiler

Wrong information always shown by the media. 

Negative images is the main criteria.

Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria.

Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema.

What happened to the love and the values of humanity?
What happened to the love and the fairness and equality?
Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity!
Lack of understanding leading us away from unity...

Father, Father, Father help us!

Send some guidance from above

'Cause people got me, got me questioning:

WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

16 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Felt so much relieved yesterday when I could resume “normal routines” coming to this planet every few mins/hrs or whenever i want.  Thx admin!

Feeling extremely surprised and happy to see the update that the King (poster) arrived Hong Kong!  Hahaha.  Am going there on Sunday!!!   Can anyone tell how many stations should I go visit? 

FYI if this hasnt been mentioned before - on right hand side of poster near his collar, it reads:  

Hanyu Yuzuru

World Figure Skating 

Championships, Champion

Yes, you are and forever!!!

:devilYuzu:

6 hours ago, Flutterby said:

I actually really like Javi's style as well. It's very different from Yuzu's style to be sure, but it has its own appeal.  I'd say Javi tends to be more character driven (which can be more relatable for the casual viewer) and he projects outward to the audience. Whereas Yuzu is more abstract and internalized. (at least in competitive programs, as opposed to his EX)

On related note, I admire the fact that TCC doesn't try to force skaters to fit to one particular model or to be cookie cutter copies of each other. I like seeing different styles.

Although, in the end, they all wind up looking a bit like Brian. He's definitely good at transmitting his skating DNA. 

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

Now - how do we infiltrate the western markets? :mischief:

was just thinking of going down to my local luxury department store to see if they carry Kose and have the Yuzu ads. I think the odds are slim but it's worth a try. 

Yuzu: Getting plenty of quality rest is important for your health (and uhh your beauty I guess) :9:

Yuzu: By the way, I will be at this event live at 2 a.m. your time, doing interesting things and being very cute, just so you know :9:

Yuzu: Have a peaceful and uninterrupted sleep, love youuuu :9: 

1 minute ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu: Getting plenty of quality rest is important for your health (and uhh your beauty I guess) :9:

Yuzu: By the way, I will be at this event live at 2 a.m. your time, doing interesting things and being very cute, just so you know :9:

truest words ever spoken LOL

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

This is such a mood lol... and so true!