General Yuzuru Chat

Good sleep is important... ha!.. said the person who caused me insufficient sleep due to daily late night watching of his videos. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Is that all he says? 

He also said for good sleep, he will listen to relaxing music. And he asked readers to share with him their own method to good (fast?) sleep. 

2 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Good sleep is important... ha!.. said the person who caused me insufficient sleep due to daily late night watching of his videos. 

He also said for good sleep, he will listen to relaxing music. And he asked readers to share with him their own method to good (fast?) sleep. 

My method is DO NOT READ THE PROTOCOLS! Unfortunately I often don't follow my own advice and so sleep poorly. Don't read the protocols, Yuzu! 

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

My method is DO NOT READ THE PROTOCOLS! Unfortunately I often don't follow my own advice and so sleep poorly. Don't read the protocols, Yuzu! 

He has to. :) it’s his job. 

5 hours ago, Bilge said:

Question: does corret axis and posture is when your spine is perpendicular to the ice? Because i like Yuzu’s little tilt the most and perpendicular ones are kind of ugly looks more stiff. I mean when yuzu is a little tilted he get much more distance on the jumps and much better flow when exit but when i see some other which is not tilted its kind of has less flow as if they are just jumping where they are and falling the same position and its not that artistic imo

I agree that great posture in men sometimes comes off as stiff particularly if they're also not flexible. Men was usually my least favourite discipline probably because of this apparent stiffness. But I think Yuzuru's skating did benefit from his improved posture quite a lot.

Here's some photos. I don't know if it will be of much help since it translates better in movement. 

Look at young Romeo and Etude,  his shoulders are down and his torso is more paralel to he ice:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFeZPK81lRbiwKcShQuy2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-4javH51do8Q8vZzBJ1n

Compared to Kolyada's and Javier's torso theirs are straighter and more perpendicular to the ice, shoulders are also firmly to the back:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5QM4RXxzv0c75lr5iGRq

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbiYuWlXJ02YWTeYXAqZm

Yuzuru has a bad habit of slouching when he's tired, his posture usually fluctuates during the program. But this issue is much less present in his skating today. Yuzuru also has gorgeous posture on his landing positions so he's perfectly capable of those, here's an example:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGBRsxmAfySXEga4B9ia-

Hopefully it helped!

22 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I feel this blog is going to get a lot of music suggestions. Are you looking for new programme music Yuzupon lmao.

About the pointing toes and posture thing I really don't understand it.

All I know was when I first saw his triumphant smirk in PC Chopin and a series of performaces with ina bauers plus beillmann spins, I knew there was no escape.

10 minutes ago, Lambari said:

I agree that great posture in men sometimes come off as stiff particularly if they're also not flexible. Men was usually my least favourite discipline probably because of this apparent stiffness. But I think Yuzuru's skating did benefit from his improved posture quite a lot.

Here's some photos, I don't know if it will be much of much help since it translates better in movement but anyway: 

Look at young Romeo and Etude,  his shoulders are down and his torso is more paralel to he ice:

Compared to Kolyada's and Javier's torso theirs are straighter and perpendicular to the ice, shoulders are also firmly to the back:

Yuzuru has a bad habit of slouching when he's tired, his posture usually fluctuates during the program. But this issue is much less present in his skating today. Yuzuru also has gorgeous posture on his landing positions so he's perfectly capable of those.  

Hopefully it helped!

I agree, but I think that photo of Yuzu during Etude is a crossover and I don't think there are many skaters who keep their shoulders back during crossovers. 

I mean, look at Mikhail right here at the timestamp: 

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I agree, but I think that photo of Yuzu during Etude is a crossover and I don't think there are many skaters who keep their shoulders back during crossovers. 

Yes, I debated whether to include this photo or not.  I think the Romeo one indeed is a better example.

1 minute ago, Lambari said:

Yes, I debated whether to include this photo or not.  I think the Romeo one indeed is a better example.

I just put a timestamped video of Misha in my earlier comment and then went and watched a little Javi, and Javi's posture during crossovers does seem markedly better!

13 minutes ago, Lambari said:

I agree that great posture in men sometimes come off as stiff particularly if they're also not flexible. Men was usually my least favourite discipline probably because of this apparent stiffness. But I think Yuzuru's skating did benefit from his improved posture quite a lot.

Here's some photos. I don't know if it will be of much help since it translates better in movement. 

Compared to Kolyada's and Javier's torso theirs are straighter and more perpendicular to the ice, shoulders are also firmly to the back:

Yuzuru has a bad habit of slouching when he's tired, his posture usually fluctuates during the program. But this issue is much less present in his skating today. Yuzuru also has gorgeous posture on his landing positions so he's perfectly capable of those.  

Hopefully it helped!

Yup i noticed that too but to me stiff hands and arms are much bigger turn off than not pointed toes and down shoulders (etude photo is beautiful:7938863: chopin is gorgeous, his position is firm but hards are so relaxed and soft) 

I have no idea about traditional skating standards, but in dance there is a clear distinction between posture and the angle of the body. Good posture is more about the connection between head, shoulder, upper back/torso and hip placement to each other. The body should be "open", not slouched/turned in or arched. You can have a perfect posture with a torso at an angle or even parallel to the ground though. You don't have to be vertical all the time (in fact if you do, you are waaaay too stiff - like I tend to be :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:). So this talk about "balletic posture" always confuses me quite a bit. Either standards of posture are different in skating (are they?) or some of these commentaries by so-called experts are just misleading. In my humble opinion, Yuzuru's posture is pretty fine. If I want to nitpick, he could raise his chin a bit more, but that's about it as far as I am concerned.