General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, LourdesMoon said:

When they are evaluating Yuzu, it definitely feels nitpicky...it's like finding a cobweb on the Sistine Chapel and saying that it's ruining the aesthetic or ignoring the brilliance of the Mona Lisa just because it's small and can't touched up properly like other historical paintings. Who the hell cares if he "looks down," I barely notice this, and I'm pretty sure no one notices and cares when he's doing a billion other nuances and beautiful moves on the ice. I also don't understand the comments in their video (TSL) about his carriage...to me he's fluid, flexible and emotive...that's unique. If you want everyone to have the same style then why even have a competition? 

That's the thing, I think. He is different, he's nothing like what the ideal male figure skater is supposed to be, and yet he is the ideal male figure skater, I think it's been blowing their petty, narrow minds.

12 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

I also don't understand the comments in their video (TSL) about his carriage...to me he's fluid, flexible and emotive...that's unique. If you want everyone to have the same style then why even have a competition? 

Where TSL is concerned I feel like if you don't understand what they're going on about at any given time, you're doing just fine because neither do they. They had entirely different opinions about Yuzu earlier this season, and they were trashing Nathan and basically saying that people were delusional if they really thought that he could successfully balance school and skating. Now they're praising him and they've dusted off their old tired Yuzu critiques. It's like they're always trying to strike this weird balance of being contrarian about everyone who is popular and also simultaneously acting like they've always been on the bandwagon of whoever is most successful at the moment. 

Question: does corret axis and posture is when your spine is perpendicular to the ice? Because i like Yuzu’s little tilt the most and perpendicular ones are kind of ugly looks more stiff. I mean when yuzu is a little tilted he get much more distance on the jumps and much better flow when exit but when i see some other which is not tilted its kind of has less flow as if they are just jumping where they are and falling the same position and its not that artistic imo

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I do love Yuzu's lines, but they are different from what's taught under the so-called classical training. Which I can also appreciate very much, Jason has them! Yuzu's posture became dramatically better when his stamina increased and he learnt to control some of that wildness that's part of what makes him very special. It's not to some people's tastes and that's fine, but to say he has bad lines would be nonsense. Also he has started to really make an effort to point his damn toes, look at the tiny spiral in Origin! 

Your post reminded me that people have complaining abt Yuzuru's posture since he made his senior debut at 17. He slouches when he lacks stamina due to his asthma.

The pointing toes business,as a layman, till today I dont understand why the men need to point toes. The top men are doing 3 to 4 quads in 4 mins, where is there time to think abt  pointing toes.

Next season,this phenomena will spread to the ladies , - they will start quad & 3A craze.

7 minutes ago, eagle said:

Your post reminded me that people have complaining abt Yuzuru's posture since he made his senior debut at 17. He slouches when he lacks stamina due to his asthma.

The pointing toes business,as a layman, till today I dont understand why the men need to point toes. The top men are doing 3 to 4 quads in 4 mins, where is time to think abt  pointing toes.

Next season,this phenomena will spread to the ladies , - they will start quad & 3A craze.

It does make a difference to lines but unless you're actively looking at toes, stiff skating boots mean that except during long, held spirals or layback spins, it would be hard to tell if a skater does point their toes! I mean if TSL or the now infamous Joe were asked, without being given time to look it up, if Javi pointed his toes, or if Andrew Dodds points his toes, or if Kevin Aymoz points his toes, or if Deniss Vasiljevs does, or if Stephane does or Nobu does or Evan Lysacek did, do you think they'd be able to tell you? They'd have to go back and rewatch at least a few of them to be sure! But they've already got opinions about all of those skaters regardless of their pointy toes. The pointy toes debate about Yuzu is, to me, a sign that they really can't come up with anything else wrong and if they can't find faults with Yuzu, then damn he must be pretty much perfect as a skater. Because we know they're trying. They're really trying.

I mean I haven't a clue if Stephane is a toe-pointer, but I think he has gorgeous posture and beautiful lines, I can know that without ever looking at his toes.

32 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Question: does corret axis and posture is when your spine is perpendicular to the ice? Because i like Yuzu’s little tilt the most and perpendicular ones are kind of ugly looks more stiff. I mean when yuzu is a little tilted he get much more distance on the jumps and much better flow when exit but when i see some other which is not tilted its kind of has less flow as if they are just jumping where they are and falling the same position and its not that artistic imo

I don't know what is 'correct posture' but I have the same opinion as yours. 

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:8232307::8232307::8232307:

"It's ok. Take your own style, step by step."

Perfect timing in response to the interview on TSL :10814716:

My only experience with TSL was their talk about underrotations and prerotations (don't remember details, sorry). I got to the point where the guy they interviewed said that rewatching jump takeoffs for prerotations would ruin the spirit of the sport, with the hosts nodding in agreement, and I switched it off. I mean, sure, videos of questionable offsides in soccer, snapshots of the ball on the line in tennis, photofinish in running competitions - abolish them all, cause that would ruin the spirit :59227c768286a__s:

Yuzuru is a pioneer... Trailblazer.... He blows all the old f**rts ideas about men's single figure skating to smithereens.... Because he can do it all and yet looks like a young adolescent barely out of puberty (female sex according to Google) to boot. 

All I will say about Yuzu's posture and lines is that a large majority of his photos from any performance makes me want to sit down and do gesture drawings :xD: It's beautiful. A piece of art, haha.

(and sure, when he was younger he was more flaily and didn't have as good stamina. But that was years ago. And the wildness back then is still charming to me hahaha.)

13 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

All I will say about Yuzu's posture and lines is that a large majority of his photos from any performance makes me want to sit down and do gesture drawings :xD: It's beautiful. A piece of art, haha.

(and sure, when he was younger he was more flaily and didn't have as good stamina. But that was years ago. And the wildness back then is still charming to me hahaha.)

Exactly.