General Yuzuru Chat

Sometimes  I don’t know how these videos fall into my YouTube preferences, but I :img_21: this.  

I don’t understand a word of what he is saying but what I do see is his excitement of being at the Olympics.

I see his excitement when watching his idol succeed.

And I watch his excitement of being able to win.

I see a person wanting to achieve his goals while wishing the best for others. So many emotions.

:sadPooh::happy0065::cheer::hachimaki::softYuzu::9:

I haven’t watched or listened to the TSL recap with Inman but from what I’ve heard he doesn’t seem to be over enthusiastic about Nathan on all accounts either. I did watch his first interview with TSL and he struck me as extremely old fashioned and stuck in his tastes. I imagine he’d tend to find classic warhorse music more interesting and can’t understand the appeal of a program like Seimei. I think he also studied music in college so has knowledge, but if he really said that about the Onmyouji music then he’s making a very broad generalization of the music, and of his fellow Westerners which goes to show how narrow minded he likely is. 

15 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Sometimes  I don’t know how these videos fall into my YouTube preferences, but I :img_21: this.  

I don’t understand a word of what he is saying but what I do see is his excitement of being at the Olympics.

I see his excitement when watching his idol succeed.

And I watch his excitement of being able to win.

I see a person wanting to achieve his goals while wishing the best for others. So many emotions.

:sadPooh::happy0065::cheer::hachimaki::softYuzu::9:

I can watch his "Yatta... I'm first? I'm the first? Oh my god!" on repeat. He is so cute haha!

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But the thing is, even American skaters these days aren't skating to the kind of music this Inman guy seems to want. So his comment makes no sense.

I guess, Yuzu should skate to the MOST AMERICAN THING EVER... The Star-Spangled Banner.

I recommend the Whitney Houston version :)

1 hour ago, kiches said:

I haven’t watched or listened to the TSL recap with Inman but from what I’ve heard he doesn’t seem to be over enthusiastic about Nathan on all accounts either. I did watch his first interview with TSL and he struck me as extremely old fashioned and stuck in his tastes. I imagine he’d tend to find classic warhorse music more interesting and can’t understand the appeal of a program like Seimei. I think he also studied music in college so has knowledge, but if he really said that about the Onmyouji music then he’s making a very broad generalization of the music, and of his fellow Westerners which goes to show how narrow minded he likely is. 

There are tons of people studying music their whole life without understanding a damn thing about it, so it doesn't surprise me. Music requires open mindedness and intelligence to be listened without biases or your own cultural filter. 

1 hour ago, kiches said:

I unfortunately heard what he said and he is not overly enthusiastic about Nathan but he is probably trying not to showcase his bias...regardless he says things like 'Nathan has transitions out of his jumps' (because one of the guys questioned his lack of transitions so he said Nathan makes them after he lands......and I was like, where?) or that 'Vincent is more artistic than people realize' (he ranks Vincent higher than Kolyada from what I remember) and implies that Nathan IS superior to Yuzu because Yuzu has really bad posture in his opinion. He really drives that point home, to the point where he says his PCS scores/opinions rely almost solely on posture and musicality. He also implies Nathan is very musical, he might even think he's more musical than Yuzu. 

1 hour ago, faeline said:

I guess, Yuzu should skate to the MOST AMERICAN THING EVER... The Star-Spangled Banner.

I recommend the Whitney Houston version :)

Bruce Springsteen. Yuzu skate to Bruce Springsteen, choreographed by Daniil. The points will just come tumbling in.

4 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

I unfortunately heard what he said and he is not overly enthusiastic about Nathan but he is probably trying not to showcase his bias...regardless he says things like 'Nathan has transitions out of his jumps' (because one of the guys questioned his lack of transitions so he said Nathan makes them after he lands......and I was like, where?) or that 'Vincent is more artistic than people realize' (he ranks Vincent higher than Kolyada from what I remember) and implies that Nathan IS superior to Yuzu because Yuzu has really bad posture in his opinion. He really drives that point home, to the point where he says his PCS scores/opinions rely almost solely on posture and musicality. He also implies Nathan is very musical, he might even think he's more musical than Yuzu. 

:rofl3: Okay, sure, Jan. I mean Joe.