General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

It's a pretty dark dot, so I'd say it's more than one satellite ;) 

I think so too. Plus I think there’s a very large Japanese population in Brazil so I can easily believe there’s a strong contingent of Yuzu fans there. 

5 hours ago, freyaminnie said:

So after he declare his love and kiss her. He could probably get married to Ice-chan before he's 25 now right :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I saw recently on tv that a guy in japan got married to some computer generated image.... if he can do that, Yuzu can marry the ice.

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

Pretty fantastic! I like that one dot in the middle of Brazil. Who are you, oh satellite in the middle of Brazil? (I know it's not a pinpoint accurate map, but  there are no other dots around....it's a lone satellite.....supporting Fanyu-ism....)

:yes2:

I noticed that too!  And this one is in the middle of Mato Grosso state which isn't a superpopulated one and I think it isn't even at the capital of this state which is even more interesting.    The other dark dot in Brazil is exactly at a big metropolitan city so it was expected.  

There's a lot of dots in Brazil actually. I'm in one of the lighter ones near the litoral.  :lol:

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Updated PH demographics :D (not the most accurate locations, since they're taken from signup IPs which only roughly maps to locations AND people use VPNs but this just gives a general sense of things!)

2WsIQt9.jpg

eCqU4b8.png

That one dot in the middle of the Indian Ocean... I guess it's the Seychelles? Go you, brave satellite of the remote tropics! 

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Updated PH demographics :D (not the most accurate locations, since they're taken from signup IPs which only roughly maps to locations AND people use VPNs but this just gives a general sense of things!)

2WsIQt9.jpg

eCqU4b8.png

that's awesome!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::loveshower: so many satellites! from so many places! All here, ensnared by the gravitational pull of Planet Hanyu!:grouphug:

also, I need to connect to the Planet more when I am in my hometown, it feels unfair there are no dots down there sob

3 hours ago, ruruzest said:

ok I haven't listened to T*L because I'm a petty fanyu who doesn't want to give them views (also, I value my own mental health), so I don't know for sure what Inman said, but if Inman really said what he said about Seimei of all programs, that's such a shameful cultural (and racial) bias that, if I were to meet him in person, I'd need to make a really really BIG effort not to tell him exactly where he can shove that bias of his:gaah:

4 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Wow.  I'm surprised that the US has the most.  I thought this was mostly a European based forum

eta: now I feel silly.  I could have just looked at everyone's flags :doh:

I was surprised too, until I rembered USA's population is bigger than that of any European country AND they are native english speakers, too (and that Japanese, Russian and Chinese fans also have like a gazillion websites where to stan Zuzu in their own language). Also, yay, good taste has no borders:10742289:

Spoiler

....despite what some Inman guy says :P

Maybe it's incorrect to desume that all Yuzu fans form USA love and understand Seimei, but I bet Inman doesn't know how many of the people he presumes to speak for would rather... tell him exactly where he can shove that bias of his:goat:

I also want to apologize if sometimes my comments sound snarky against USA...I promise I only have some part of US media and some representatives of US skating (like Lorrie Parker and Inman :animated-smileys-angry-041:) in mind:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

if my criticism becomes too heavy or too generalised and makes american satellites uncomfortable, please let me know:10742289:

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

that's awesome!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::loveshower: so many satellites! from so many places! All here, ensnared by the gravitational pull of Planet Hanyu!:grouphug:

also, I need to connect to the Planet more when I am in my hometown, it feels unfair there are no dots down there sob

ok I haven't listened to T*L because I'm a petty fanyu who doesn't want to give them views (also, I value my own mental health), so I don't know for sure what Inman said, but if Inman really said what he said about Seimei of all programs, that's such a shameful cultural (and racial) bias that, if I were to meet him in person, I'd need to make a really really BIG effort not to tell him exactly where he can shove that bias of his:gaah:

I was surprised too, until I rembered USA's population is bigger than that of any European country AND they are native english speakers, too (and that Japanese, Russian and Chinese fans also have like a gazillion websites where to stan Zuzu in their own language). Also, yay, good taste has no borders:10742289:

Hide contents

....despite what some Inman guy says :P

Maybe it's incorrect to desume that all Yuzu fans form USA love and understand Seimei, but I bet Inman doesn't know how many of the people he presumes to speak for would rather... tell him exactly where he can shove that bias of his:goat:

I also want to apologize if sometimes my comments sound snarky against USA...I promise I only have some part of US media and some representatives of US skating (like Lorrie Parker and Inman :animated-smileys-angry-041:) in mind:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

if my criticism becomes too heavy or too generalised and makes american satellites uncomfortable, please let me know:10742289:

Isn't the Joe Inman quote about Plushenko? The Plushenko-Lysacek saga? I refuse to listen to TSL because they're just straight up alternative fact spouts so going off only the tweet, isn't that what it's about? Not Yuzu?

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Isn't the Joe Inman quote about Plushenko? The Plushenko-Lysacek saga? I refuse to listen to TSL because they're just straight up alternative fact spouts so going off only the tweet, isn't that what it's about? Not Yuzu?

Consider the timeframe. 2010 Olys would definitely be Plush and Lysacek. And the Japanese contenders were Honda and Dai T. , if I'm not mistaken.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Consider the timeframe. 2010 Olys would definitely be Plush and Lysacek. And the Japanese contenders were Honda and Dai T. , if I'm not mistaken.

And it was a whole big thing, I was a very casual viewer back then and I remember this. I think it's the Plushy-Lysacek quad-no-quad artistry thing.