General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I agree. I think his programs without any jump is still a lot more complete and interesting than 90% of other skaters'. I especially love that Mission Impossible perf. 

---

anyway, I've been ranting and retweeting rants on twitter 90% of my time these days. I feel like many people including myself are still unable to get over what happened at Saitama and the state of the current CoP system. But I want to move on. I need to. I don't want to spend the rest of my 5 or 6 months still being bitter over something I can't change. Or worried about something I also can't change, which is the fact that Yuzu is risking his body over training now that he is too prone to injuries. 

oh and I had a very funny dream that Shoma withdrew from WTT due to his injury and Yuzu had no choice but to fill in for him. :1: 

---

I'm looking forward to his appearance mid April! I'm wondering if he will skip ice shows this summer. If he is I need to start occupying my summer lol I used to wish to skip Autumn and Winter to Spring in order to see Yuzu and now I want to skip through Spring and Summer :LOL: Life as a sataellite 

Well... we could always do an anti-stress streaming party (yeah, here it is again, withdrawal syndrome is coming!). Mybe, if someone has the source, we could do full CiONTU re-watch... 0:)

1 minute ago, 4Nessie said:

Well... we could always do an anti-stress streaming party (yeah, here it is again, withdrawal syndrome is coming!). Mybe, if someone has the source, we could do full CiONTU re-watch... 0:)

Haha I'm in! I think we do have full CiONTU but without subs. The subbed version is in cuts. I also want to do a Max and Angelo commentaries streaming party. 

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

I've been re-watching parts of CiONTU and tell me guys, what other skater would be able to sell out an entire arena doing ONLY steps and spins AND get a standing ovation?

:darklordyuzu:

LOL This reminds me of Yuna's  All That Skate last year where she also did only steps and spins. I'm not sure if she was injured, probably just out of competitive form since retirement.  It's interesting how we could make paralels between their level of stardom.  I'm probably biased but for me Yuna and Mao were the last ladies champions with this kind of mass appeal.  Brian Orser did say on this interview at 7:55 that with Yuzuru it's on a stratospheric level, even compared to when he was experiencing Yuna's heyday.  And maybe the rise of social media these past years also contributed to that. 

Even in their skating, although there's fundamental differences between their approach, both for me are technnically the "ideal" IJS skater in their respective disciplines. Also phenomenal competitors.  And there's funny coincidences like how  both of them had 12 world records going into their 2nd Olympics.  Yuna was the first to surprass the 200 barrier, and Yuzuru the 300 barrier. 

Edit: I forgot to mention how Yuzuru actually mentioned Yuna as one of his favourite skaters on that 2010 interview. He said that what he liked about her was that her jumps were timed with the music, always intertwined within the program. And it's exactly what Yuzuru ended up being known for in his career,  (H&L's 3F anyone?) It's sad that we didn't get to see him comment anything more about Yuna probably because of Japan x Korea rivalry. Actually more because of the Mao x Yuna rivarly and Yuna/Brian Orser fall out. 

Also, both were crucified for not pointing their toes. LOL

On 3/24/2019 at 12:15 AM, kaeryth said:

IIIINTERESTING! I didn't know that loop on 2nd half of combo was an option. Completely changes the layout discussion. Will have to analyze on the layout thread

ETA: weird. My phone is showing a different vid now. The clip is supposed to be yuzu doing 4t/3t/3lo

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Updated PH demographics :D (not the most accurate locations, since they're taken from signup IPs which only roughly map to locations AND people use VPNs but this just gives a general sense of things!)

2WsIQt9.jpg

eCqU4b8.png

Wow.  I'm surprised that the US has the most.  I thought this was mostly a European based forum

eta: now I feel silly.  I could have just looked at everyone's flags :doh:

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Updated PH demographics :D (not the most accurate locations, since they're taken from signup IPs which only roughly map to locations AND people use VPNs but this just gives a general sense of things!)

Pretty fantastic! I like that one dot in the middle of Brazil. Who are you, oh satellite in the middle of Brazil? (I know it's not a pinpoint accurate map, but  there are no other dots around....it's a lone satellite.....supporting Fanyu-ism....)

:yes2:

1 minute ago, Whee1000 said:

Pretty fantastic! I like that one dot in the middle of Brazil. Who are you, oh satellite in the middle of Brazil? (I know it's not a pinpoint accurate map, but  there are no other dots around....it's a lone satellite.....supporting Fanyu-ism....)

:yes2:

It's a pretty dark dot, so I'd say it's more than one satellite ;)