General Yuzuru Chat

I am having a bit of a grim week irl, but immediately after the WC, before the gala I replaced my screensaver with the photo of Yuzuru doing the Y spiral in practice and grinning all over his face.  That joyousness in what he’s doing makes me feel better about a lot of things, including some of his own rather terrifying pronouncements, because however kuyashii he might feel about the way his season panned out he still purely loves to skate and all the aggro hasn’t ground that out of him.  I’m coping with some stuff that’s beyond my control, and that photo and all it represents is cheering me up a lot.

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I am having a bit of a grim week irl, but immediately after the WC, before the gala I replaced my screensaver with the photo of Yuzuru doing the Y spiral in practice and grinning all over his face.  That joyousness in what he’s doing makes me feel better about a lot of things, including some of his own rather terrifying pronouncements, because however kuyashii he might feel about the way his season panned out he still purely loves to skate and all the aggro hasn’t ground that out of him.  I’m coping with some stuff that’s beyond my control, and that photo and all it represents is cheering me up a lot.

I hope things get better. But it is true that more than his (astonishing) achievements, it's how he glows with joy when he skates after it all that's really inspiring.

Translation of a new Yuzu interview.

It's awful that Yuzu feels he has to keep on pushing and try to "catch up" on his quad arsenal in order to win. And to know that Yuzu's ankle is giving him so much pain... :sadPooh:

But on the other hand, it's obvious that Yuzu still has the drive to win. He seems to be as ambitious as ever. I think as a fan, all I can do is to keep on loving and supporting him and just enjoy the ride. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

That's exactly what makes being a fanyu so exciting and enjoyable, though. It's like a wild rollercoaster ride through all of life's ups and downs, through the whole range of human emotions.

I just wish for Yuzu's happiness and health. No matter what he does, no matter what decisions he makes, I will stand by him. :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

1 minute ago, Geo1 said:

Sorry, I just saw the Jack Gallagher article in the Japan Times. I'm behind the conversation.

No, it’s ok, but I always thought Raf to be pretty vain, so he’s been having his moment. Why Jack Gallagher decided to get this translated is another story. But whatever. No problem about Yuzu losing here. I worry for his health, but not for his silver. 

6 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Translation of a new Yuzu interview.

It's awful that Yuzu feels he has to keep on pushing and try to "catch up" on his quad arsenal in order to win. And to know that Yuzu's ankle is giving him so much pain... :sadPooh:

But on the other hand, it's obvious that Yuzu still has the drive to win. He seems to be as ambitious as ever. I think as a fan, all I can do is to keep on loving and supporting him and just enjoy the ride. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

That's exactly what makes being a fanyu so exciting and enjoyable, though. It's like a wild rollercoaster ride through all of life's ups and downs, through the whole range of human emotions.

I just wish for Yuzu's happiness and health. No matter what he does, no matter what decisions he makes, I will stand by him. :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

Yeah, mixed and irony feeling.. Want to see his other quads and programs for both himself and me. But don't want to see his pain and losing.  He's not young, he's prone to injury... But he wants to be competive. As he said, life is really unstoppable up and down moments. But everything is his life, his choice. He's really different to any skater or person. I like his looks, skating, attitude but his most appealing is strong willingness which I lacked.  I don't know how his career will end, but  really hope there will be no regrets.

I've been re-watching parts of CiONTU and tell me guys, which other skater would be able to sell out an entire arena doing ONLY steps and spins AND get a standing ovation?

:darklordyuzu:

Edit: Now, that I am thinking about it, I am really curious how some other "top" guys would manage... 

Just now, 4Nessie said:

I've been re-watching parts of CiONTU and tell me guys, what other skater would be able to sell out an entire arena doing ONLY steps and spins AND get a standing ovation?

:darklordyuzu:

I agree. I think his programs without any jump is still a lot more complete and interesting than 90% of other skaters'. I especially love that Mission Impossible perf. 

---

anyway, I've been ranting and retweeting rants on twitter 90% of my time these days. I feel like many people including myself are still unable to get over what happened at Saitama and the state of the current CoP system. But I want to move on. I need to. I don't want to spend the rest of my 5 or 6 months still being bitter over something I can't change. Or worried about something I also can't change, which is the fact that Yuzu is risking his body over training now that he is too prone to injuries. 

oh and I had a very funny dream that Shoma withdrew from WTT due to his injury and Yuzu had no choice but to fill in for him. :1: 

---

I'm looking forward to his appearance mid April! I'm wondering if he will skip ice shows this summer. If he is I need to start occupying my summer lol I used to wish to skip Autumn and Winter to Spring in order to see Yuzu and now I want to skip through Spring and Summer :LOL: Life as a sataellite