General Yuzuru Chat

I'd be surprised if Yuzu kept Origin, mostly because so much will have to be changed to CoP-optimise it that it might as well be a whole new programme. In which case he might as well change it to something judges would appreciate better, Origin didn't get nearly enough love. 

I woke up very early and blearily looked up to make sure the Planet was still up and in its orbit lol definitely addicted

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

not sure if you guys saw this but dima did 4t3aseq

:winky: what if we get an origin tribute. its gonna be a tribute within a tribute within a tribute

damn Yags got a long line to wait for his flowerboy moment

Idk, the video has a skip right in the middle between the 4T and the 3A, and it is April Fool's. I call shenanigans. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Aww. I guess he exhausted the quality cat content with the 31 questions.

There needs to be photos of Yuzu and cats. Maybe one of his sponsors can use it as an ad idea. Just imagine him in piles of fluffy kittens.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Normally I felt that all the previous blog posts are written way in advance. This feels like he just written it recently (maybe cos it just seems to be in-tuned with the result of the Worlds event.)

Much as I like Origin, I for one hope for new programs in the next season. Yeah, tiring to start all over again but people keep associating Origin and Otonal as tribute to his idols even though he has re-invented the program to something very 'Yuzuru-ish' and I think 1 year of 'tribute' is enough. 

So I may or may not see the beautiful Origin costume again. I'm gonna take in all those beautiful photos of him in Origin costume!

Just now, yumeaki said:

Normally I felt that all the previous blog posts are written way in advance. This feels like he just written it recently (maybe cos it just seems to be in-tuned with the result of the Worlds event.)

Much as I like Origin, I for one hope for new programs in the next season. Yeah, tiring to start all over again but people keep associating Origin and Otonal as tribute to his idols even though he has re-invented the program to something very 'Yuzuru-ish' and I think 1 year of 'tribute' is enough. 

So I may or may not see the beautiful Origin costume again. I'm gonna take in all those beautiful photos of him in Origin costume!

If he decides to turn Origin into an ice show piece I would not complain. But it would make me sad if we never saw it again ever. 

I really think that if he doesn't stick with this year's programs for another season,  then he has to make a clean break with his past and go for something completely new, artistically. What that might be, though, who knows. 

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If he decides to turn Origin into an ice show piece I would not complain. But it would make me sad if we never saw it again ever. 

I really think that if he doesn't stick with this year's programs for another season,  then he has to make a clean break with his past and go for something completely new, artistically. What that might be, though, who knows. 

And now I'm reminded of the interview when he's sighing over the fact that he has a silver cos his costume was designed to match Gold. Should he give that costume another chance? :59227c768286a__s:

No... a clean break will be good. I'm looking forward to seeing his plan for next season and to see how crazy he will become, but I'm so not looking forward to seeing news on more injuries. I don't know how he is going to present a crazy plan without hurting his ankle. :doh:

I’m all for new programs, but I can’t imagine him leaving the tribute pieces incomplete. He never skated Origin completely clean this season, let alone incorporated the iconic Biellmann. Also, if he takes on a huge task of adding new quads, it would be much easier with a familiar program. I’d rather have Origin for FP, if it makes the challenge a little less taxing. He might go for a new SP, though. I wish for a new SP and EX, hopefully something upbeat and danceable for a change.

P.S. Thanks so such, admins, for keeping this planet going!:10815002:

My take on Origin was that the program was create based on his mind set to 'Enjoy skating what he want and not worry about the score or result', hence why it was so packed with transitions and crazy steps and jumps that are everywhere. I enjoy Origin he perform at Media day and ACI the most because that was where the program reflect its real purpose. But when he get fired up after ACI and has to alter his program to be more point-oriented it become something he has to compromise, either sacrificing the jumps quality or forsake some transitions, which he kinda didn't want to but happen anyway. 

I think that the true Origin is not program that is best for the current judging system. And if he's still aiming for the Top he would need new program which is more point-oriented just like what he has done for the last 4 years.

I really wish he could go back to the mind set that he didn't need to prove anything to anybody and just skate whatever the hell he want at the start of this season. so that we can see a lot more variety of program that did not design to focus on points. (and of course a lot more happy not the kuyashii Yuzu) 

That said, he still is his own person and he will decide what is best for him moving forward and all we can do is wait and see and keep supporting him! and hopefully keep the remaining of our hair