General Yuzuru Chat

18 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

thanks to you! Your post about nature was so on point, it made me realize that's about what I feel watching Yuzuru:img_21:

also, today after a long time I went for a looooong sunday morning walk and watched nature to my heart's content. I also listened to HYK. There weren't many flowers yet, and it hasn't rained for a while so grass...isnt' really lush&green and some trees are still bare, but I still soaked in the sun and fresh air and I pictured sakura fairy in my mind's eye:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

under spoiler, re: replies to scoring discourse from fanyus

Скрыть контент

that the poster talks about a fall IMO says a lot about 1)attention paid during comp 2) checking protocols and rewatching programs before speaking

A few days ago I had the (maybe unfortunate) idea of leaving a comment under on of Origin YT vids saying that I thought the score gap was wrong, and why I thought even with BV gap Yuzuru could have won the FS (numbers at hand and protocols open in another tab) and it evolved into some kind of tête-à-tête that highlighed that:

1) the person defending the scores didn't even know Yuzuru's layout:slinkaway:

This makes me doubt she/he had really watched the performance he/she was commentating under...or that even knew what protocols are, and where to find them...

2) that poster justifyed scores using a prime example of tautology: scores are fair because they are fair. Or in alternative: because judges gave those scores, so their scores are fair. It must be nice to take scores for good:sigh: I did the same the first time I watched FS. Easier times.

(tho tbh the most annoying thing was that all the time I was talking about score gaps and the poster insisted on: you have to accept Nathan won. Hello, I'm talking about the score gap, you know?)

In the end the whole exchange made me wonder: don't other people feel the desire to want to learn about the scoring, before engaging in scoring discourse? Check sources? Find data? Crunch some numbers? That's the very basics to me...how can you say something is fair if you don't even know the rules?:confused:

Yuzuru has 3 choices

1) keep Origin. Let's talk about something SERIOUS: we've seen Origin costume only 4 times this season, that's a crime against fashion! We deserve more quality content! more pics! more vids! MOAR!

2) bringing LGC back...or upgrade from Prince to Queen:P

3) TANGO! or a Javi-tribute flamenco :tumblr_inline_n2pjcvLUIY1qdlkyg:

He has another one option:

Make a new FP. And it will be a better choice, imho.

55 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I have a little dream, but I don't think that this will ever happen. Jason's 360° practice videos at TCC inspired me:

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine, if Yuzu prepared some exclusive non-competitive programs himself, skated, filmed and posted them (in his blog or wherever). No distracting sounds, clappings, comments or other people at the rink. Just the music, the ice and him...

He could wear his usual black training gear or whatever he wants. The turnus could be totally random or recurring like every year/cycle or smth. Could be small snippets or full programs of +3:00 length...

How would you think about something like this? Would you support this? I'm not sure, but if I was able to skate like him and had the time, I think I would try it. There are some themes and stories that I could transport better in a calm and silent atmosphere without noises and pressure... (even EXs and shows are pressure settings in some way).

I support this. I've seen other videos produced by this person who filmed Jason and they are unique and impressive. This would be a true piece of art. And it would be perfect as yuzu would demand repeting filming many times until he would get a perfect version. And TCC has this big windows and natural light.... All his sparkles in natural light...He could do no jumps, like Ciontu.

About calm and silent:

Spoiler

I went to Florence and the Machine concert once and.. hated it. I couldn't focus on her angelic voice bc people were singing, screaming and so on. Then my friend gave me Florence and the Machine orchestra record and I loved it. zero distraction. So yes, Zu should skate in silent atmosphere and it should be recorded

57 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I think Yuzuru Hanyu is the first beauty blogger in the world, who likes to talk about everything except beauty related stuff  :xD:

I have a little dream, but I don't think that this will ever happen. Jason's 360° practice videos at TCC inspired me:

Hide contents

Imagine, if Yuzu prepared some exclusive non-competitive programs himself, skated, filmed and posted them (in his blog or wherever). No distracting sounds, clappings, comments or other people at the rink. Just the music, the ice and him...

He could wear his usual black training gear or whatever he wants. The turnus could be totally random or recurring like every year/cycle or smth. Could be small snippets or full programs of +3:00 length...

How would you think about something like this? Would you support this? I'm not sure, but if I was able to skate like him and had the time, I think I would try it. There are some themes and stories that I could transport better in a calm and silent atmosphere without noises and pressure... (even EXs and shows are pressure settings in some way).

Well, I want Yuzu to let On Ice Perspectives (  https://www.oniceperspectives.com) film him. Would be great to get a closer-than-close view of that massive 3A..

28 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Looking at the reactions from everyone and my own anxiety from losing the planet, it is clear that we all need an intervention to help us with our Yuzu addiction  :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

or maybe not, since I like having this problem  :biggrin:

Bingo! It's not an addiction if we're happy about it! 

My day started out so wrong! I woke up, turned on my tablet and found a huge ERROR sign when trying to get to the Planet... I had to work ALL day not knowing what y'all were doing. I was suffering i tell you, suffering!!! LOL. Just kidding, but yes, glad to seee all is well and everyone is ok!!

hace 6 minutos , liv said:

My day started out so wrong! I woke up, turned on my tablet and found a huge ERROR sign when trying to get to the Planet... I had to work ALL day not knowing what y'all were doing. I was suffering i tell you, suffering!!! LOL. Just kidding, but yes, glad to seee all is well and everyone is ok!!

:10742289:...we all were dying out there... :biggrin:

Am I the only one chill when the site is under upgrade?? I didn’t think much further when I read that hahaha :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Maybe bcuz I used to play games and the term “updates” rarely means harm.

Re: other paths. I’ve always thought what an amazing Sound Professional he’d be (if that’s even a word XD). He can work with music and he’d be happy abt it I think. His keen sense of hearing would help in the mastering. Or he can even make sound effects for anime and movies :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Thank you for the hard work in keeping the forum running & awesome :10742289:

2 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Ah! That was it, then! Anyway, thank you, dear admins, for all your great work! You are great!

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh thank goodness, the Planet's back... I was starting to have the shakes from Yuzu withdrawal....

Much appreciation to the Planet staff for getting it back up.

thank you for your supports, it's been a stressful morning :13877886:

OMG! I've never seen this before. The WC has only ended a week ago and I'm already thirsting for Yuzu content. So, gala rehearsal videos that I haven't seen before are more than welcome. :dancingpooh:

A big thank you to the admins for your hard work and dedication! I only joined a few months ago, but I've already found a new home here on this wonderful planet. :snpeace: