General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu wants to start his dream career as a professional beekeeper as soon as possible. Obviously.  :notamused:

other possible paths:

• headphone store owner
  • jumping coach in team Lambiel
  • making music cuts for team Eteri
  •  pairs/ice dance
  • ghana factory - testing new flavours
  • beauty blogger
  • disney - pooh marketing departament
  • e-sport - in team Shoma
15 minutes ago, Nottestellata said:

I hope the rest of the interview is a joke also. There was a question on whether he wanted to be reborn as a woman and the answer was that men were better or something sexist like that. I'm erasing the entire thing from my memory. :headdesk:

I saw a translation of that, and basically the questions were

1. Q: Would you rather be an animal or a human if you were reborn? A: A human

2. Q: So would it be better to be a man or a woman? A: A man because I already have an experience of being a man. 

That doesn't sound controversial to me? 

36 minutes ago, Nottestellata said:

I hope the rest of the interview is a joke also. There was a question on whether he wanted to be reborn as a woman and the answer was that men were better or something sexist like that. I'm erasing the entire thing from my memory. :headdesk:

others have already replied, but anyway: the interview was legit, it's usual myrepi/yuzu days.

I've seen it translated from I*ron Kl*s and it wasn't sexist. It was more about: if I can "use" my past experience, maybe it would be better (I've read it as thinking it would be "esier" to have some kind of head start, instead of figuring everything out from 0...this of course, would imply one does remember the previous life:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:)

I've seen a tweet you're talking about but it was google mis-translate and people were kinda joking about that.

you can also check this thread's translation too

ETA: sorry, I wasn't fast enough to reply and you had already figured it out:headdesk:

I'm actually more interested in what Yuzuru would describe as "manliness" -- I wouldn't have picked that word but I find his choice fascinating and at the same time fitting for who he is as a person. Tbh I'm not sure which word I would have picked myself -- but I think a few years ago my answer would have definitely been heavily influenced by mainstream western-macho views

20 hours ago, Flutterby said:

Random question for the native Japanese speakers: Do you have an equivalent gesture for sarcastic air quotes? Like I thought the judging at Saitama was "perfect" when I mean it was the total opposite.

https://tenor.com/view/quotation-marks-chris-farley-air-quotes-supposedly-quote-gif-6227358

I cannot think of equivalent gesture for sarcastic air quotes but can suggest "棒読み" (read in a monotone) which is an internet slang. You use it like putting "NOT" after the sentence to negate the whole effect. "This is perfect...NOT" So "かんぺきー(棒読み)" means saying "perfect" in a sarcastic way. 

3 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm actually more interested in what Yuzuru would describe as "manliness" -- I wouldn't have picked that word but I find his choice fascinating and at the same time fittting for who he is as a person. Tbh I'm not sure which word would I would have picked myself -- but I think a few years ago my answer would have definitely been heavily influenced by mainstream western-macho culture

I too find this fascinating. I confess I much prefer Yuzu's definition of "manliness" to our machismo worship.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

We are finally back! :party2: Yaaay!!! Thanks for the efforts, admins!!! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

This is one sakura fairy for you!!! OMG! I didn't saw this pic before! So close!!! :13877886:

D3D0O3FUYAAOhwu.jpg
source: 🌸ぱんな(´・ω・`) 🦄@twitter.com

He is...not from this world...

...it is evening here, I am not at home but at an extremely boring conference...the planet is up, my battery is dying, and I will have one shot at watching hope and legacy. Happy H&L day everyone!!:balloons-smiley:

27 minutes ago, Ania said:

other possible paths:

• headphone store owner
  • jumping coach in team Lambiel
  • making music cuts for team Eteri
  •  pairs/ice dance
  • ghana factory - testing new flavours
  • beauty blogger
  • disney - pooh marketing departament
  • e-sport - in team Shoma

I think Yuzuru Hanyu is the first beauty blogger in the world, who likes to talk about everything except beauty related stuff  :xD:

I have a little dream, but I don't think that this will ever happen. Jason's 360° practice videos at TCC inspired me:

Spoiler

Imagine, if Yuzu prepared some exclusive non-competitive programs himself, skated, filmed and posted them (in his blog or wherever). No distracting sounds, clappings, comments or other people at the rink. Just the music, the ice and him...

He could wear his usual black training gear or whatever he wants. The turnus could be totally random or recurring like every year/cycle or smth. Could be small snippets or full programs of +3:00 length...

How would you think about something like this? Would you support this? I'm not sure, but if I was able to skate like him and had the time, I think I would try it. There are some themes and stories that I could transport better in a calm and silent atmosphere without noises and pressure... (even EXs and shows are pressure settings in some way).

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh thank goodness, the Planet's back... I was starting to have the shakes from Yuzu withdrawal....

Much appreciation to the Planet staff for getting it back up.

I usually browse through the forum during my lunch break and it was a bit weird not having the forum :xD: 

34 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm actually more interested in what Yuzuru would describe as "manliness" -- I wouldn't have picked that word but I find his choice fascinating and at the same time fitting for who he is as a person. Tbh I'm not sure which word I would have picked myself -- but I think a few years ago my answer would have definitely been heavily influenced by mainstream western-macho views

I've been thinking about this too. Yuzuru is one of the people who made me think outside the box and change this western, conservative view.

OT

Spoiler

This interview reminded me of another one I read months ago (yes, I'm Timmiy's fan and were 1d fan, I'm young, don't roll your eyes on me). It's long, I quoted the part where they discussed masculinity. https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/evwwma/harry-styles-interviews-timothee-chalamet-photos 

H-Harry Styles T-Timothee Chalamet

Spoiler

H:Thinking about where the world’s at today, do you feel a responsibility as an actor to represent a new form of masculinity on screen? The concept of masculinity has changed so much since we were growing up... 
T: [...] I want to say you can be whatever you want to be. There isn’t a specific notion, or jean size, or muscle shirt, or affectation, or eyebrow raise, or dissolution, or drug use that you have to take part in to be masculine. It’s exciting. It’s a brave new world. Maybe it’s because of social media, maybe it’s because of who the f*ck knows what, but there’s a real excitement from our generation about doing things in a new way… I would be really curious to see what you have to say about it?

H: [...]I think there’s so much masculinity in being vulnerable and allowing yourself to be feminine, and I’m very comfortable with that. Growing up you don’t even know what those things mean. You have this idea of what being masculine is and as you grow up and experience more of the world, you become more comfortable with who you are. Today it’s easier to embrace masculinity in so many different things. I definitely find – through music, writing, talking with friends and being open – that some of the times when I feel most confident is when I’m allowing myself to be vulnerable. It’s something that I definitely try and do. 
T: That’s really beautiful and inspiring, and certainly it goes back to feeling comfortable in chaos and creating in madness. It’s almost a high to be vulnerable. I really get that. I think it can be achieved in art, but also in intimacy. It’s the craziest feeling to achieve that vulnerability. If us having this conversation, in any infinitesimal way, can help anyone, a guy, a girl, realise that being vulnerable is not a weakness, not a social barrier. It doesn’t mean you’re crazy or hyper emotional, you’re just human, which I think is something your music gets at and hopefully my movies do too. Humans are complex; we need to feel a lot of things. We are not homogeneous.