General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

and to think it gets a lower score than caravan :cri:

It's hard to compare skates in two different judging systems, but for me LGC at GPF16 is one of the best short programs of all time. The shaky landing on the 4Lo with that lovely smile even fit the performance and the character of the music. That saving was really smart and the rest top quality skating throughout. When I see how many sloppy jumps receive +2/+3 GOE today...

Hace 2 horas, Paskud said:

GPF LGC was PERFECT and I will fight anyone who will say otherwise.:10742286:

I've said before that that is the best performance he's done in his entire career and I stand by it. His speed, his incredibly fast, steady and centered spins, his musicality, his sass, his complex transitions and stsq, THAT AXEL- just unbeatable. I bet you no one can name a better 3A done by him. Not to mention it's his SP with the highest jump BV -4Lo, 4s3t, 3a.

LGC is the most complex and difficult SP in the history of singles skating, and there he performed it spectacularly (the 4Lo save and his smile after it just enhances the fun of the program)

I took the time to walk a little bit in the park today, enjoy the nature, fresh air and sunshine... and I think I finally found out why Yuzu and his skating are so magical and close to me.

Spoiler

I asked myself two questions:

1. "What is art and beauty for me?"

2. "Who is the greatest artist I know?"

I remembered famous pictures, sculptures, architecture, music pieces, dances and skating programs... but I can't name any work that is universally praised by all 7.674.575.000 people in the world.

"Tastes are different and this is a good thing" - that's the usual response.

However, there's one thing that fascinates everyone (at least every person I know): THE NATURE. Forests, coastlines, mountain ranges, flowers, waterfalls, sunsets or wide landscapes... they are bautiful, impressive and captivating - as long as they are untouched by human hands.

In the park I thought today: Gosh, this lake could be so gorgeous... without that distracting red prohibition sign...

So my answer to question 1 is: Art and beauty is anything close to nature. The less artificial and false a piece of work is, the closer it is to real art for me.

Answer to question 2: Mother Earth is the greatest and universally praised artist I know.

I love Yuzu's skating so much, because it has such a strong bond to nature.

A short example: I've seen many interpretations of 'Swanlake' from various figure skaters, but what I've seen in most cases is a rookie ballet dancer following narrow rules in steps and posture. An athlete in the arena.

When Yuzu skates Notte Stellata or White Legend, I don't see a dancer on the stage. I see a real swan on a frozen lake.

Yuzu can create a special setting and atmosphere, when he skates. He can bring the nature from outside into the arena for 4:00 minutes. When I watch Haru Yo Koi, I see a prospering cherry tree in a silent and pieceful forest. He can create such images in my fantasy.

...and when I take a look at the infinite landscape of Yuzu-fanarts (paintings, videos, handicrafts, banners etc.), I'm not the only one who's creativity is pulsing when he skates :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

In a 4:00 FS fast energic music is not ideal to insert delicate artistic touches. I think that's the problem with Origin, too. It's too exhausting to appear light and effortless like H&L or Yuzu's SPs and EX programs. Seimei was somewhere inbetween: powerful, but still light, balanced and controlled. In Origin Yuzu really "works" on the ice, that's not what I'm used from him... and I'm not sure, if recycling can solve that issue.

I loved the fight and the "work" in WC Origin, it really felt like he was building his house piece by piece and it was gripping to watch even though it was almost grim... But I think his scores did suffer from that, and *then* the judges rewarded Nathan for his relative effortlessness (on top of everything else). If Yuzu presented Origin in competition like those glimpses on media day, I believe it would work but he just couldn't get there this time :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, LadySnowblood said:

If Yuzu presented Origin in competition like those glimpses on media day, I believe it would work but he just couldn't get there this time :sadPooh:

And if he'd been healthy all season, he might have got there...he'd have had at least two more competitions (GPF and Japanese Nats) to perfect it with. 

As positive as I try to stay here, I effing hate his injuries....:003:

The injuries go with the territory- he was injured/ sick 2012/13, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2017/18, and 2018/19.  Still achieved amazing results.  Could well go on and achieve more, he’s only 24 despite the ‘uncle ‘ vibe coming from JSF/ISU.  Injury doesn’t stop him, even when perhaps it should.  Most importantly, unlike Javier or Patrick he’s not giving off that ‘had enough now’ vibe.  I hope not going to WTT signals a determination to get in great condition for next season.

Head's Up for those who have access:

CBC's Road to the Olympic Games is re-broadcasting the Worlds Gala starting an hour from now. ( At 4pm EST)

They're airing it on their regular TV channel as well as on the CBC.ca /sports site. 

Unfortunately, I'm all thumbs technologically, so I don't know how to share it other than suggest trying to watch from the web if you have a VPN with a Canadian address. 

8 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

The injuries go with the territory- he was injured/ sick 2012/13, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2017/18, and 2018/19.  Still achieved amazing results.  Could well go on and achieve more, he’s only 24 despite the ‘uncle ‘ vibe coming from JSF/ISU.  Injury doesn’t stop him, even when perhaps it should.  Most importantly, unlike Javier or Patrick he’s not giving off that ‘had enough now’ vibe.  I hope not going to WTT signals a determination to get in great condition for next season.

:goodpost:

12 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Well, that post from Javi Raya showed Yuzu on the ice already so I think you're right. I still hate his injuries anyway. 

54 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

We all do - him especially I should think - but it won’t stop him.  He just keeps forging ahead and all we can do is watch in awe. And be thankful.

Yes thats right ! And he did say that he knows that he’ll worry us but that we should trust him ! And I trust him no matter what the future brings ! He is strong and determined and a blessing for the figureskating world and all his fans !

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

We''ll know how serious he is if he stays away from the ice shows.  He doesn't need the income so the primary lure for him is getting up close to his fans and not being worried about gathering points.  By not going with immediate gratification (something he rarely does except when earphones are involved) he can get himself totally healthy, figure out exactly where his physical limitations are now and put together programs that challenge his limits but don't go too far in doing so.  If he's going with all new programs (he has the time if he's not doing ice shows) he can be prepared to wow the world.  Jeffrey and Shae-Lynn are already probably at work if he's going for new stuff.  For an exhibition I wish he'd tackle Misha Ge.  That fellow has been wanting to put together something for Yuzu for ages. 

45 minutes ago, micaelis said:

We''ll know how serious he is if he stays away from the ice shows.  He doesn't need the income so the primary lure for him is getting up close to his fans and not being worried about gathering points.  By not going with immediate gratification (something he rarely does except when earphones are involved) he can get himself totally healthy, figure out exactly where his physical limitations are now and put together programs that challenge his limits but don't go too far in doing so.  If he's going with all new programs (he has the time if he's not doing ice shows) he can be prepared to wow the world.  Jeffrey and Shae-Lynn are already probably at work if he's going for new stuff.  For an exhibition I wish he'd tackle Misha Ge.  That fellow has been wanting to put together something for Yuzu for ages. 

I can see that this year's media day is going to be our death... I can't wait already, and I am sure we won't even know if he goes for new or recycled by the end of July...

:13877886: