General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, there's lots of inspiration to be had from Japanese sources as well. He could try doing something with shamisen. 

Yoshida Brothers - Storm.

Or any of their more dramatic pieces.

15 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

truly convinced he should ditch difficult entry to his jumps. they mean nothing to the judges now. 

Call me pessimist, but I don't think it's that easy. Whenever he has simplified entries everyone has rushed to complain about that AND his scores have dropped even more :/ the twizzle entry was deemed not hard enough, the entry into 4S at ACI boring (while it wasn't ever an issue for Javi, sorry Javi). And it looks like backcounter it's the bare minimum judges ask for his 3A... even if he wanted to use long entries, judges would not be as ready to gift him as with others (and it annoys me that in other disciplines these things are appreciated and valued, while for some reason men who are not double OGM get a bye, and that doing more means be rewarded less like Jason and Kevin). Maybe he could hey to add more SE (entry or exit doesn't really matter tbh) those look like the only type of transitions judges can actually recognize...(one would expect better from trained people, but what can you do?)

14 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Rosnik is a former ice dancer and he's a coach now (one of his students is a junior skater, you may remember her because of this unique move:)

Hide contents

JuniorGP_Salzburg_Lang_Julia.jpg

So he knows what he's talking about when it comes to technique. It was nice to hear that he assumed Yuzu would have got 10+ higher PCS had Nathan skated a technically similar program (they knew about the 13 difference after the SP). I don't think they closely follow international scores throughout the season, they just thought Yuzu was that much better in components and there'd be a big difference in PCS between him and Nathan.

He was also the commentator at Helsinki Worlds and he praised Yuzu's skating highly, saying things like his greatness, whether it's technique or his aristry can't be questioned, his skating & his jumps are completely effortless and he praised Yuzu's transitions and the amount of one-foot skating. Then he added that H&L as a program was a piece of art (but not just that, he also said during the wam-up that Yuzu's costume was art). I liked their commentaries, they were much better than the biased ladies on Eurosport.

Thank you for the info, now I like him even more:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: (Julia :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:)

@Anki I agree with you that judges's (stereotyped) tastes could have played against Origin (tho as someone who had Nijinski as her most rewatched Plushy program I had no issue with it, and I was really happy &impressed that those two programs were so different). But if Yuzu wants to do something with japanese music, I hope he won't need to abide to the cliché. I love his warrior mode but I hope he can show it without going for a literal portrayal. One thing I'd love would be Yuzuru skating to music like e.g. Yoshida brothers's Storm, or Change, that mixes western sound to traditional instruments :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:  

Also @anki

Spoiler

(Unrelated but you might want to change the abbreviation you used in your last sentence to japanese or jpn for short, the one you used can has sensitive connotations)

Re: program suggestions

YUZU DO QUEEN+MUSE CHALLENGE!

judges love them, they are modern enough, he could do some show-off SP with fast-paced stsq and then go slow and haunted with Muse in the fs (I mean, he can get inspiration from the fan edit:P)

(Half)jokes aside, if he wants to have new programs I think a combo of fast sp-slow fs would be the good. Basically since pw he has had break-neck speed stsq for sp (it never ceases to amaze me how he doesn't trip in his feet...and how he can still hit lv4:bow:). I believe it's because he doesn't need to save stamina and all the jumps are out of the way (also, I believe stamina is the reason why he keeps fs stsq for first half of the program). I'd be really surprised if he were to change this and skate a slow-paced sp stsq. Though an sp like LGC still has its risks.... (I wonder, if Yuzu can recover and his training goes as planned and he can jump 4Lo with higher consistency than in official practices  this season, if he'd risk bringing Lo back in the sp...atm I'd say 100% unnecessary risk, especially considering his ankle, but depending on the judging, even one point in BV might become relevant...for PR at least, to end this nonsense about "much easier layout". Also, maybe loop would behave better with 4T than it did with 4S... watch him go for 4F instead LOL I'm kidding)

ETA: LOL it looks like I'm not the only one who would love something like Storm :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Well, he can use something like that for EX too...And wait, I also want the chance to see Yuzuru do a tango 😭 it might not be wise if he wants to get instant love from judges (I don't know if he'd do a traditional tango), but world deserves it :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

ETA2: the reason why, as a fan, I hope he will have new programs is that there's so much music I'd like to see him try. But if he keeps his current programs I wouldn't mind, I feel they have not had the chance to reach their best, not even Otonal, and while I love WC Origin, layout and everything, atm it feels a bit like LGC, amazing but never quite as it was mean to be...:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

9 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

YES PLEASE!!!!

Which skating Gods should I pray to get LGC 2.0?

5 hours ago, Daiskiel said:

Well then I suggest "Light of the Seven" and "Winds of Winter" (still insist on the GoT OST, sorry)))

5 hours ago, Daiskiel said:

The Show Must Go On.

LGC 2.0, GoT, Queen or something Japanese again. Support all of them :2thumbsup:

I don't mind, if Yuzu cannot skate every single program to 100% potential in competition. But LGC is just too good to be left "unfinished" imo.

Plus: It might be the program with the highest LVs and average GOEs ever rewarded under any judging system. The judges LOVED it and I loved it, too. Especially the playful and passionate GPF16 version. Petition for that one.

I would really like to see Yuzu skating to Queen with a magnificent choreo. It doesn't have to be in competition. EX or ice show would be great, too.

GoT: I love love love Ramin Djawadi's soundtrack, but I don't think it's very likely to happen... However, there's one thing for sure:

Spoiler

Yuzuru Hanyu always pays his debts. :xD:

Japanese music:

It would be interesting to see Yuzu skating to some really good anime OST.

I mean: he is the incorporation of a perfect Shonen hero and the cascade of quads and huge combos could fit some epic battle music very well.

On the other hand I don't want him to sacrifice a single bit of his magic and sublime artistry for the sake of quads and points. I don't want him to dance to ISU's tune... In a 4:00 FS fast energic music is not ideal to insert delicate artistic touches. I think that's the problem with Origin, too. It's too exhausting to appear light and effortless like H&L or Yuzu's SPs and EX programs. Seimei was somewhere inbetween: powerful, but still light, balanced and controlled. In Origin Yuzu really "works" on the ice, that's not what I'm used from him... and I'm not sure, if recycling can solve that issue.

How do you think about it?

Thanks to one marvelous fanart, I have a wild dream that one day, Yuzu will be all secret and stuff about his EX, only to appear in his first gala with painted black nails, red contact lenses and a white wig. Unravel will start playing in the background and the collective fandom will probably combust.

So apparently Nomura Mansai-san (aka Seimei), in addition to directing the ceremonies for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, is also advisor for the cultural events bring scheduled around the emperor's abdication.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/03/21/details-fixed-for-abdication-enthronement-ceremonies.html

Anyway Nomura-san must be a busy guy. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

The likelihood of Yuzu dancing to a song which says things like misguided old mule or now you can kiss my ass, goodbye is pretty slim, though...

Oh poppycocks, there are many problems in the FS world and only now one need to be concerned about propriety? When Nate's Nemesis SP has the word b**ch in it no one bats an eye, when Jason's SP song title has the same word in it no one is minding it too much either, yet only with just the possibility of Yuzu choosing this one song one should get concerned about it? Pfffft :þ

If he indeed choose that one song then he has all the right to skate to it, propriety be darned. :animated-smileys-angry-041:

Sike, snark level went off again :doh:, fine I'll just stop it here, carry on onwards folks :snapoutofit:

4 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Oh poppycocks, there are many problems in the FS world and only now one need to be concerned about propriety? When Nate's Nemesis SP has the word b**ch in it no one bats an eye, when Jason's SP song title has the same word in it no one is minding it too much either, yet only with just the possibility of Yuzu choosing this one song one should get concerned about it? Pfffft :þ

If he indeed choose that one song then he has all the right to skate to it, propriety be darned. :animated-smileys-angry-041:

Sike, snark level went off again :doh:, fine I'll just stop it here, carry on onwards folks :snapoutofit:

it's interesting but FS still is  apretty conservative sport.

I used to think it was maybe a way to sort of protect the skaters who were (and still are )always very young but it seems more of an old clutching my pearls kind of attitude and it's really out of time.tThis too will change probably and hopefully too.

My 2 cents on the music (I can dream right?) : Henna by italian singer/songwriter Lucio Dalla or if he still wants to do Prince nothing compares to you ,live version with amazing Rosie Gaines...there I said it LOL

18 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I think the point is that Yuzu himself would be unlikely to pick such a song? (Don't get me wrong, tho I love Queen).

What other skaters do is their choice but Yuzu does seem to be very considerate in front of the cameras and him picking a song that's essentially about a singer giving the middle finger to a manager who swindled him financially seems unlikely??

IDK I'd think Rippon or Weir would be more likely for that particular song. Tho even that's unlikely imo.

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

On the other hand I don't want him to sacrifice a single bit of his magic and sublime artistry for the sake of quads and points. I don't want him to dance to ISU's tune... Fast energic music is not ideal to insert delicate artistic touches. I think that's the problem with Origin, too. It's too exhausting to appear light and effortless like H&L or Yuzu's SPs and EX programs. Seimei was somewhere inbetween: powerful, but still light, balanced and controlled. In Origin Yuzu really "works" on the ice, that's not what I'm used from him... and I'm not sure, if recycling can solve that issue.

How do you think about it?

I think he simply never was in good enough condition to do it at full speed.

AND

GPF LGC was PERFECT and I will fight anyone who will say otherwise.:10742286: