General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

If he can now skate, probably in two months he will be able to do easy jumps. Like last year. For example only triple ax... :P

Only time will tell but I remember  last Years ciontu and FAOI and I was impressed by him 

As far as the injury statement goes, I think it's relevant that he needed to submit a medical report in order to withdraw from WTT. Of course I'm not saying that the injury isn't serious or that Yuzu or his team would lie or exaggerate, just that Yuzu knows full well that if the statement about his injury were too vague or didn't sound serious enough, there would be some people who would be rushing to criticize him and say that he could have done WTT if he really wanted to. So, the report emphasizes not only the injury, but the fact that he naturally has inflammation in the area thanks to all of his hard training. I don't think any of that was actually news to Yuzu and I'm sure he has a good rehab plan in place, since he's unfortunately a rehabbing expert now.  

after the news of his ankle I'm very happy to see him on ice even if he probably can't jump I hope this makes him at least a little bit happier...and for the rest I trust Yuzuru and his medical team ,I only hope he will he be able to skate in Sendai not just for my selfish reasons (of course) but for him,his home town adores him and he deserve all the love!

Nathan ,Yale,American press it's nothing new :those are just words,facts matter the most to me and even if I really think Nathan has improved a lot and I lke him what Yuzuru does with a pair of blades on his feet is something that can't be told ..case closed :graucho:

2 hours ago, raebia said:

Oh dear.

Coming home from work and reading about the ankle and the guardian article—the only thing I can do is reading and liking posts, and I feel kind of helpless.

But I want to write some support here as well: no one, ever, will take away Hanyu Yuzurus bliss, soul, art and achievements. The articles we read today will read to posterity as helpless efforts to scratch on a momument, I am quite sure.

I am writing now tired and on rambling mode, sorry, but you know what comes to my mind just this second?

Ancient Egypt art.

It was a childhood dream of mine to go there for the art, and in 2011 I fulfilled my dream and went to Egypt. Now, this art is old, thousands of years old, and many centuries, adventurers, tourists, thieves and explorers chipped away on it, and it still stands and sheds its mystery!

The ancient Egyptians sometimes called their pharaos the „ indestructibles“. 

I think that Egyptian art is indestructable as will be the legacy of Hanyu Yuzuru.

These are longterm— thoughts that spring up — in the present, I wish him good treatment, fire and power to smash his rivals next season!!:hachimaki: 

:10742289::10742289::10742289::10742289::10742289:

if that's truly our Zuzu (I think he is) I'm so relieved that he at least can put some weight and put his skates on. Even if just testing the ankle to see what kind of moves make him feel pain, it's a lot better than him being in crutches (after the news I had jumped to that kind of scenario directly). Also, mama Tracy next to him makes me feel better, he is in good hands:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Take it easy, Yuzu, take it slow. Do everything you need to be able to skate and jump (and land the quads) without taking painkillers, please:7938863:

ETA: also, nice PW high kick reference from Javi Raya:tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg: I know Yuzuru isn't the only one doin high kicks, but let me dream :P

Yuzu's Worlds 2019 FS: Hungarian commentary with English subtitles

Commentators: Andras Rosnik, Tamas Vasarhelyi

These two guys are really knowledgeable and praise Yuzu highly... and they speak the truth! This is what they said about Yuzu after his performance:

"...and his transitions in his skating are so clean and detailed that if in the first score, the technical score, Nathan is able to do that is the same or similar to this technical level, even that, because of the second mark, I find it highly possible that he'll be the world champion."

"This is not really human what he did."

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Sigh, the media certainly seems to wish Yuzu is 100% thinking about Beijing. As do I but sigh...

I think all that kind of talk, not just for Yuzu but for all the athletes, is way too premature. Lots can happen in the next three years.