General Yuzuru Chat

Records don't really mean too much for me to be honest (stopped caring when ladies records were suddenly broken by performances that should never even get near them really, a few year ago...),  if the judges have a stroke and consider scoring Nathan or anyone 110+ at WTT, whatever (but I don't know how possible is it for Nathan have another competion like Worlds, we will see). Anyway, I think it will only fuel Yuzu more to get it back.

As for 2/3 months treatment. I have a feeling it will be similar to last year, rehabilitation on ice. But anything he decides in that matter is ok. I really can live without seeing him in any ice shows.

2 minutes ago, airi said:

Records don't really mean too much for me to be honest (stopped caring when ladies records were suddenly broken by performances that should never even get near them really, a few year ago...),  if the judges have a stroke and consider scoring Nathan or anyone 110+ at WTT, whatever (but I don't know how possible is it for Nathan have another competion like Worlds, we will see). Anyway, I think it will only fuel Yuzu more to get it back.

As for 2/3 months treatment. I have a feeling it will be similar to last year, rehabilitation on ice. But anything he decides in that matter is ok. I really can live without seeing him in any ice shows.

We will see what happens with his SP Record but with the current scoring when it comes to skaters from some big feds anything is possible! 

We‘ll see what he will do when it comes to his participation in Ice Shows , it could be that he will do it like last Year or like he did it in 2016 where he didn’t attend any ice shows !

I trust him and believe that he does what’s best for him !

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

No. 2 son drew this to my attention - Guardian picking up its cues from US media again.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/29/nathan-chen-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating

What makes me laugh about that article is Todd Eldredge claiming that he and Elvis had a rivalry. Please! They were never even in the same league! But Todd got rewarded with high scores for skating 'classically' while Elvis always got spanked for trying to do new things and for pushing the athleticism of the sport. 

Reminds me of someone actually. :notamused:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

we've been spoiled by the things yuzu does on the ice that doesnt even garner him more points but he just does it for the fans, the passion, and the artistry

If an alien landed rinkside and was asked to tell how difficult different jumps were by watching Yuzu do them, they'd probably say 3A was the easiest one! And then you think about the 'top' skaters who can barely land a 3A to save their lives and it's like, what the heck gives? 

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If an alien landed rinkside and was asked to tell how difficult different jumps were by watching Yuzu do them, they'd probably say 3A was the easiest one! And then you think about the 'top' skaters who can barely land a 3A to save their lives and it's like, what the heck gives? 

is that alien yuzu himself? :hihi:

i just love it when he did a perfect 4t3a and chris went like "that is insane!" it gave me goosebumps

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

No. 2 son drew this to my attention - Guardian picking up its cues from US media again.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/29/nathan-chen-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating

Utter. Bxllxcs! And to see this one tosh of an article shared on Tumblr with the description "The competition is already on for Beijing 2022, it's gonna explode!" What crapshot! :animated-smileys-angry-041:

I see that the Guardian barely has any brain cells left to cover this issue, having spent them most on that one affair, dragging on ceaselessly...

:animated-smileys-angry-041::animated-smileys-angry-041:

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

US media twisting things and doing mediaplay - SURPRISE SURPRISE! at this point i tend to stay away from reading any american article/video about yuzu. one is because they use yuzu's name as clickbait and two is they totally misinform the audience. same goes to commentaries. i used to really like hearing commentaries but now i realized half of them turned on him and some of the ones who used to give him the biggest praises are the first to drop him. now im being selective and more careful..it might be difficult to change what they say, so rather than lashing out on them, we can still spread the yuzu love around the net as much as we can. at least we got to make olympic channel recognize yuzu is the megastar in compensation for what jsf did to him. at least Max decided to speak up about the scores. 

This whole situation is really funny. Yuzu is the biggest star of Olympic Channel, various legends fanboying over him, floods of fanyus on move everywhere he goes... and some people still have issues admitting he is the biggest star.

US media aren't even worth mentioning, but they try so hard to milk Nathan every time they get a chance. They are probably hoping to make some money with him, but they need to add Yuzuru to most of the articles with Nathan. Simply because - Nathan does for sure not work as a clickbait and never will. Why? Because thanks to the US media and all those commentaries, we know everything about Nathan already. About Yuzu... we are just guessing most of the time. He is the mystery. He will always be the ultimate clickbait. :smiley-laughing021:

26 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

This whole situation is really funny. Yuzu is the biggest star of Olympic Channel, various legends fanboying over him, floods of fanyus on move everywhere he goes... and some people still have issues admitting he is the biggest star.

US media aren't even worth mentioning, but they try so hard to milk Nathan every time they get a chance. They are probably hoping to make some money with him, but they need to add Yuzuru to most of the articles with Nathan. Simply because - Nathan does for sure not work as a clickbait and never will. Why? Because thanks to the US media and all those commentaries, we know everything about Nathan already. About Yuzu... we are just guessing most of the time. He is the mystery. He will always be the ultimate clickbait. :smiley-laughing021:

Everything according to keikaku.:59182a91b7414_cool(1):

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And then you think about the 'top' skaters who can barely land a 3A to save their lives and it's like, what the heck gives? 

...to go back to that Rudy Galindo praise I found at twitter — just so you know, he skated competitively in...more than 20 years ago (that 3A video record from the Nationals? Possibly 25 years old, perhaps even more).

Sure Nate can jump 3A better now, but the US skaters that can jump it really well is either 1. retired (Max Aaron), or 2. forcibly retired (Joshua Farris) — have yet to see anyone come close to Yuzu's success rate, from US or somewhere else in the western hemisphere*.

*I wrote western hemisphere because the second most successful 3A jumper is...Shoma Uno, despite mastering the jump quite belatedly in his (junior) career.

4 часа назад, Sombreuil сказал:

You know, Russian media is also hyping Eteri girl squad, but many Russian skating fans prefer Japanese skaters over them. At the end of the day, new people who start to watch fs may get interested because of medals or titles or hype, but they choose their favourite with their hearts or according to their understanding of the sport. And to understand where preferences of a lot of such people lie we need only to see how many Americans tweeted under #weLoveYuzuruHanyuFromAllOverTheWorld. I am an example in kind, as well, - I didn't really have any preferences until this season, and yet out of all skaters it was Yuzuru's skating that spoke out to my heart (as well as my friend's and my mother's). So usfsa may hype all they like, and good luck with that.

Of course, there will always be people who will support any athlete who represents their country. But they are a different story, and their allegiance is gone the day the athlete fails to come in first.