General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...and when you are so used to Yuzu's back counter 3A perfectly landed,  it makes any other men's 3A look so mundane... Even when landed well...

Seriously though, yesterday (or two days ago) when I scoured the net to look for jumps success rate I came across a tweet praising Rudy Galindo for landing his 3A well (during Nationals I think? Oh well...). It was from a normal takeoff (ofc) and while it was indeed landed well I can't help but think "IS THAT REALLY THE BEST 3A AMERICAN MEN CAN EVER OFFER???" :v *oops, can't help feeling snarky at it :þ  :þ 

we've been spoiled by the things yuzu does on the ice that doesnt even garner him more points but he just does it for the fans, the passion, and the artistry

This article (guardian) really makes people think that Nathan and Yuzu are on par artistically. I have no words.

Since you brought Nathan vs Yuzu back, I'd like to point out one thing:

In wiki article about Nathaniel there are:

• Two paragraphs abt managing Yale and skating - 196 words
  • One paragraph abt his performance at the Olympics - 146 words

And speaking about wikipedia, I'd like to report that Yuzurella Hanya is back and well. I checked, out of curiosity, if anyone updated Polish wikipedia article about Yuzuru after wc'19. What I found was this:

Spoiler

k79CxzZ.png 

In Polish, conjugated verb forms agree with gender. Verb forms used by the author of this article are the ones used when speaking about females. It just made me laugh so hard.

My guess is, the person who did it was probably in a rush, using autocorrect and/or google translator. Yes, I corrected it

:gla:

Just now, makebelieveup said:

we've been spoiled by the things yuzu does on the ice that doesnt even garner him more points but he just does it for the fans, the passion, and the artistry

I totally agree, Yuzu 3A is so natural and beautiful, when he fell in COR I tried to remember the last time he didn't land a 3A....but I couldn't, that statistic (98% of success) makes a lot of sense and it's incredible. To be honest I don't know what he can do (more than he already does) to get a +5 :59227c768286a__s:

3 minutes ago, Ania said:

This article (guardian) really makes people think that Nathan and Yuzu are on par artistically. I have no words.

Since you brought Nathan vs Yuzu back, I'd like to point out one thing:

In wiki article about Nathaniel there are:

• Two paragraphs abt managing Yale and skating - 196 words
  • One paragraph abt his performance at the Olympics - 146 words

And speaking about wikipedia, I'd like to report that Yuzurella Hanya is back and well. I checked, out of curiosity, if anyone updated Polish wikipedia article about Yuzuru after wc'19. What I found was this:

Reveal hidden contents

k79CxzZ.png 

In Polish, conjugated verb forms agree with gender. Verb forms used by the author of this article are the ones used when speaking about females. It just made me laugh so hard.

My guess is, the person who did it was probably in a rush, using autocorrect and/or google translator. Yes, I corrected it

:gla:

:usrs::rofl2:

US media twisting things and doing mediaplay - SURPRISE SURPRISE! at this point i tend to stay away from reading any american article/video about yuzu. one is because they use yuzu's name as clickbait and two is they totally misinform the audience. same goes to commentaries. i used to really like hearing commentaries but now i realized half of them turned on him and some of the ones who used to give him the biggest praises are the first to drop him. now im being selective and more careful..it might be difficult to change what they say, so rather than lashing out on them, we can still spread the yuzu love around the net as much as we can. at least we got to make olympic channel recognize yuzu is the megastar in compensation for what jsf did to him. at least Max decided to speak up about the scores. 

14 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

yeah,but currently in fs its level is utterly shameless,unhinged and unaccountable.at this point we need a miracle to derail it,like a nhk 2015 history-changing performance or yuzu landing the 4a on usfsa and isu's jugulars...

And there is another competition left, I'm very worried about what can happen with the SP record at WTT.....I don't want to think about that, it's just sad.

9 minutes ago, Marte said:

And there is another competition left, I'm very worried about what can happen with the SP record at WTT.....I don't want to think about that, it's just sad.

its sad, its worrying, but its inevitable, really. if not this season, next season..if not nathan, someone else will. It isnt like scores have ever been fair. If we know this for a fact then I can tell myself they dont hold much value to define a skater's greatness. 

2 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

its sad, its worrying, but its inevitable, really. if not this season, next season..if not nathan, someone else will. It isnt like scores have ever been fair. If we know this for a fact then I can tell myself they dont hold much values to define a skater's greatness. 

I totally agree with you about the scores and their meaning, but I'd like a record to be beaten with a beautiful performance (by anyone) and not with a gift from the judges. I like to be delusional :dontdothistome: ( my english make sense???:59227c768286a__s:)

7 minutes ago, Marte said:

I totally agree with you about the scores and their meaning, but I'd like a record to be beaten with a beautiful performance (by anyone) and not with a gift from the judges. I like to be delusional :dontdothistome: ( my english make sense???:59227c768286a__s:)

Your English makes perfect sense to me. I also agree with this and would love for Yuzu to be the record holder forever. As a consolation, he does hold the historic records so these will be unbeaten, regardless. If Yuzu is to be beaten by a new young complete skater in the future, i'd happily recognize them as well. Just that it is pretty hard from looking at the pattern we see now. But hey, keep your dream alive!!