General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

No. 2 son drew this to my attention - Guardian picking up its cues from US media again.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/29/nathan-chen-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating

This is sad that there's not even a single mention of Yuzu's injury, or that he's also a university student, not to mention that if someone who doesn't follow the sport reads this article might have the impression that Nathan is on the same level artistically as Yuzu. 

Exactly.  I wish Japanese media were as assiduous to drag Waseda into every reference.  I replied with the link to Olympic channel who are at least covering the injury angle.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

No. 2 son drew this to my attention - Guardian picking up its cues from US media again.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/29/nathan-chen-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating

i can only imagine,i'm not going to give them clicks.And given the western-centrism,casual racism/xenophobia and cultural insensitivity i've been witnessing in this sports's fan discourse/media,as a rule of thumb,i trust no western media outlet re: yuzuru.The fs M@GA campaign's propaganda fully endorsed by ISU will only become more and more aggressive from now on.That old saying ''Karma is a b!tch"' is my only hope...

43 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I kind of expect what they write so i won't give any click. No country is better than US when it comes to media play and brainwashing, praise their athletes by tearing down their rivals. If any top US skater has the same injury, NBC would make sure to remind people at least once a week for the next 4 years. I'm glad Yuzuru never give western media any exclusive interview, they don't deserve it. 

5 hours ago, Katt said:

Update about Yuzuru's injuries : https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190329-00000120-dal-spo 

There's still pain and inflammation of his right ankle. He will need 2-3 months for treatment. 

Sigh.....

Well, I'm not surprised, ankles can be very tricky and he's beaten the hell out of his already. 

I hope this time marks the last time he decides to skate a competition injured, though. He's not doing himself any favours when he does that. 

16 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously. When you look at that, you wonder why it's so hard for everyone else.

and to know 98% probably from a backcounter or twizzle entrance yet his height and length top any other skater's

----

and im actually pretty happy with this! he is taking treatment again rather than going straight to training. at least it shows he is clear minded and not just burned from kuyashii. I dont mind him skipping a couple of ice shows. Sometimes its a bliss he isnt competiting at all and just rest. 

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously. When you look at that, you wonder why it's so hard for everyone else.

...and when you are so used to Yuzu's back counter 3A perfectly landed,  it makes any other men's 3A look so mundane... Even when landed well...

Seriously though, yesterday (or two days ago) when I scoured the net to look for jumps success rate I came across a tweet praising Rudy Galindo for landing his 3A well (during Nationals I think? Oh well...). It was from a normal takeoff (ofc) and while it was indeed landed well I can't help but think "IS THAT REALLY THE BEST 3A AMERICAN MEN CAN EVER OFFER???" :v *oops, can't help feeling snarky at it :þ  :þ