General Yuzuru Chat

43 minutes ago, Ania said:

Are you sure though? :winky:

image50.jpg

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/yuzuru-hanyu-the-early-years/

A few days ago I asked uncle google about "Movies with goats in titles" (don't even ask why) and here is what I got: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=men+who+stare+at+goats&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6uPSQrKPhAhWEpYsKHV3cA3wQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=657 

Good memes comming soon :D (I mean, remember that video with Stephane and Danil?)

looool. Don't be sorry. You spoke that into exsistence

Hide contents

v9hGHj3.jpg

Yes, I think height and strength and a willingness to lift him will definitely be a requirement for any bride of his

Have I mentioned that I'm tall for a woman and can deadlift 120lbs with ease? :pouty:

3 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm putting this thought in the universe! Bring Zuzu luck&health, Turin! I swear if he gets hurt again and doesn't come to compete to this side of the Alps I'm suing the skating gods AND my country! Also, what the heck, it's the palce that brought OGM to Plu-san and Shi-chan, it MUST mean something, right???

OMG! You're right! This must be an auspicious sign. No wonder Yuzu wants to do the whole grand prix season.

Seriously, no professional writer could come up with a story this epic. An extraordinary athlete who's already achieved unimaginable greatness competes in the same place as two of his childhood heroes who have become legends at just this place. And of course said athlete achieves a glorious victory after overcoming setback after setback, hardship after hardship. This is way better than fiction. :knc_yuzu2:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

OMG! You're right! This must be an auspicious sign. No wonder Yuzu wants to do the whole grand prix season.

Seriously, no professional writer could come up with a story this epic. An extraordinary athlete who's already achieved unimaginable greatness competes in the same place as two of his childhood heroes who have become legends at just this place. And of course said athlete achieves a glorious victory after overcoming setback after setback, hardship after hardship. This is way better than fiction. :knc_yuzu2:

I think if you wrote Yuzu's story as fiction, no one would ever believe it. Especially all the misfortune. 

57 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

that's a small price to pay

2013-2014 season - went to GP France(silver lol) and then won OGM + WC gold + stayed uninjured all season

2016-2017 season - went to France for GPF ,won GPF and then won WC GOLD + WTT GOLD + stayed uninjured all season

Do you see what i'm saying now?

And on the fluff side,just imagine his face when he sees those plastic stars and the dozens of memes that will spring from that

Can't we have all nice things at the same time? He's been injured many times. :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:now give him all the nice things please God. :snonegai:

Anyway I still can't forget how he reacts to imaginary flags and plastic medal at GPF'16 :rofl:

26 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

b-but! Zuzu deserves better than plastic medal...and Didier Gailhaguet

exactly

that's... actually a pretty good point:smiley-laughing021:

BUT! the GPF was supposed to be held in France and got moved to Turin, so...Turin is the new France!:hachimaki: (hey it isn't even that far)

I'm putting this thought in the universe! Bring Zuzu luck&health, Turin! I swear if he gets hurt again and doesn't come to compete to this side of the Alps I'm suing the skating gods AND my country! Also, what the heck, it's the place that brought OGM to Plu-san and Shi-chan, it MUST mean something, right???

Oh yes pleasee God, Yuzu at GPF Turin!!! :snonegai:

33 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

b-but! Zuzu deserves better than plastic medal...and Didier Gailhaguet

exactly

that's... actually a pretty good point:smiley-laughing021:

BUT! the GPF was supposed to be held in France and got moved to Turin, so...Turin is the new France!:hachimaki: (hey it isn't even that far)

I'm putting this thought in the universe! Bring Zuzu luck&health, Turin! I swear if he gets hurt again and doesn't come to compete to this side of the Alps I'm suing the skating gods AND my country! Also, what the heck, it's the place that brought OGM to Plu-san and Shi-chan, it MUST mean something, right???

Ahhh IDF.  The long queues in the drizzle to 're-enter the building in between disciplines.  The single solitary lonely stall selling ice skating(ish) stuff.  The compressed trams stuffed with fans that terminated within a few stops (did we break them!)  The plastic tumblers (from past events) for tea and coffee and the discount when you returned them to the refreshment stand (actually great... recycling at its best). At the Gala the ultra annoying glass (nasty stuff....won't be doing that again) right in front of our seats and the low lights which blocked our vision of jumps at times.  And once I wasn't behind the glass ....in a different seat for the ladies ....the two kids in front who 's mothers left them (to get food... When Evgania was on....for heavens sake!!) and they  pratted about so much I had to tell them to sit down n be quiet.  I eventually had to move seat!  

Sounds like I didn't enjoy it but I did.  It was fantastic.  Set in stunning Grenoble surrounded by breathtaking Alps.  In the main good transport network.  A small venue with warm atmosphere and one that allowed for meeting other fans and the occasional skater.  Cushioned seats in the arena. Pleasant and helpful staff.  Pancakes...pancakes and delicious rolls.  Cheap but good tea and coffee.  Sadly no Yuzu (despite the rumour) but great skating across the board and  gorgeous view of Vanessa and Morgan practicing.  Great Gala.  Fabulous fabulous seats close to the ice.  Keiji's face about two foot from mine!  :13877886:...What's not to like!  :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

59 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, I think height and strength and a willingness to lift him will definitely be a requirement for any bride of his

Have I mentioned that I'm tall for a woman and can deadlift 120lbs with ease? :pouty:

:surprised: Eh....... A contender for my hand!

Glad AC is in Oakville again. An easy drive for me from home!!! And traffic is even ok!! But, while it is also an easy drive for TCC participants, it is earlier than some might wish, like Yuzu. Who knows if he would be ready, although proximity to home might outweigh that... I will get tickets anyway. World class competitors, close by, and cheap... cannot beat that, for me. 

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Thank you yuzuangel. But this place has only one or two beds and they are all booked up already for the same dates from 10-14 September 2019.

I checked my previous addresses on booking.com where I stayed last year for ACI, they are all booked already for the same dates in September 2019. And those Homestays have many rooms each, but they are also not available on the dates of ACI 10-14 September 2019. Many hotels in Oakville are booked already.

What happens in Oakville?

We are not sure if Yuzuru will be there in ACI yet.

8 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Thank you yuzuangel. But this place has only one or two beds and they are all booked up already for the same dates from 10-14 September 2019.

I checked my previous addresses on booking.com where I stayed last year for ACI, they are all booked already for the same dates in September 2019. And those Homestays have many rooms each, but they are also not available on the dates of ACI 10-14 September 2019. Many hotels in Oakville are booked already.

What happens in Oakville?

We are not sure if Yuzuru will be there in ACI yet.

Some hotels only release their rooms 3 months before the date itself, so maybe that’s why everything appears to be booked. 

Someone tweet this to ISU plz, tbh I think the old bald leaders are so disconnected from the latest technology and standards in other sports they don't see what they can improve on.

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/183752140319/hi-alice-the-recent-events-lead-to-a-discussion

Even if it happens after Yuzu's era I think he'd be glad to have more accountability in the sports. I think the biggest turn off for this sports now seem to be the lack of objectivity in judging, that's why no one takes it seriously, when there's no obvious metric of what is more superior than the other. Well there is, but it's not enforced anyway. 

I think it's a vicious cycle, they probably will cite lack of resources for not implementing the changes, but it's precisely because of the lack of change that resources are not pouring in in the first place. When will they realise that what Yuzu brings to this sports is unusual, and they shouldn't take it for granted, or see it as a norm.